The Student Room Group

Regrets in Declining a Job Offer

I actually just needed to let this out. So I've been working for my current job for about 1.5 years now and up until like maybe March-May 2023 things were alright for me. In around April I was actually close to getting another job but because of some "red flags" that I felt back then, I decided to decline it and didn't continue with the hiring process. Back then I was like, oh things are okay here where I am so maybe I'm fine here for now (I admit I should't have let my comfort get to me). Then in June/July things started to get awful for me and now I'm always like, god if only I took that job! Maybe I could actually handle those red flags. I'm so stupid. I can't turn back time and I think someone else already took that position (they only needed 1 person to do the job) and it would be embarrassing if I contact the hiring person again (I was actually thinking about doing this, but you know, again, it would be embarrassing). Now I'm rage applying, feeling miserable at my job, and not sure where my future will be heading.

Thanks for reading and not being judgmental!! I really appreciate it.
Original post by flower_heart97
I actually just needed to let this out. So I've been working for my current job for about 1.5 years now and up until like maybe March-May 2023 things were alright for me. In around April I was actually close to getting another job but because of some "red flags" that I felt back then, I decided to decline it and didn't continue with the hiring process. Back then I was like, oh things are okay here where I am so maybe I'm fine here for now (I admit I should't have let my comfort get to me). Then in June/July things started to get awful for me and now I'm always like, god if only I took that job! Maybe I could actually handle those red flags. I'm so stupid. I can't turn back time and I think someone else already took that position (they only needed 1 person to do the job) and it would be embarrassing if I contact the hiring person again (I was actually thinking about doing this, but you know, again, it would be embarrassing). Now I'm rage applying, feeling miserable at my job, and not sure where my future will be heading.

Thanks for reading and not being judgmental!! I really appreciate it.

I think quite a few people have been there- they think what if. You never know, that new job might not quite have been all it cracked up to be either.
The best you can do now is apply for new jobs. Keep looking, you will get one eventually. Let how bad things at your current job spur you on and motivate you to get something. If anything else does come up at the company you applied for then go for it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending