The Student Room Group

Any one have any advice on how to answer this assignment essay?:

'Using empirical psychological evidence, critically evaluate humans’
ability to accurately interpret their social world.'

focused upon the topics of Attribution, stereotypes, heuristics and schemas.

L
Reply 1
this is deep.
Reply 2
tell me about it! 3,000 words to be done in 2 weeks...wouldn't be too bad if i didn't have 5 other essays of the same word count to do on top of that!

L
Reply 3
Seems like a relatively straightforward (but by no means easy) essay, the fundamental attribution error will obviously be your first point of call, i think type 1 and 2 errors can be included here too.

If you've got the "Social Psychology" book by Hogg and Vaughan it gives a pretty good outline to this IIRC.
Reply 4
Yeh, i have the book, problem is they want all refs from journals. There is soo much stuff out there not quite sure where to begin, but thanks.
Reply 5
Original post by Soul_Catcher
'Using empirical psychological evidence, critically evaluate humans’
ability to accurately interpret their social world.'

focused upon the topics of Attribution, stereotypes, heuristics and schemas.

L

em·pir·i·cal (m-pîr-kl)
adj.
a. Relying on or derived from observation or experiment:

I think you are also asked to write from your knowledge, your point of view.
I don't know much about the topics you have to be focused on but..you should talk about how different circumstances can change a person's ability to objectively evaluate their social world.

I hope it helps, at list a bit:smile:.
I'm not quite sure what you need help with. You've already stated a few areas which have significant amounts of research dedicated to them. You just need to do a bit of journal searching to find a review article of some sort to start you off.
Reply 7
well basically i know what i have to write about, we aren't allowed to put our own opinions down for the essay, but im tryin to do 19,000 words in two weeks and revise for an exam + for this assignment there is soo much stuff out there i'm a little overwhelmed. basically do you know of like 2-3 journals which have good sufficient information about this topic?
well basically i know what i have to write about, we aren't allowed to put our own opinions down for the essay, but im tryin to do 19,000 words in two weeks and revise for an exam + for this assignment there is soo much stuff out there i'm a little overwhelmed. basically do you know of like 2-3 journals which have good sufficient information about this topic?

Journals or journal articles?

And no, I'm not going to do your literary search for you.
Original post by GodspeedGehenna
Journals or journal articles?

And no, I'm not going to do your literary search for you.

lol....true dat :biggrin:
Reply 10
articles, and im not askin u to search stuff up that u dnt have to, just if you came across any papers in the past that were helpful and what they were if you have done something similar.
articles, and im not askin u to search stuff up that u dnt have to, just if you came across any papers in the past that were helpful and what they were if you have done something similar.

Use PsycINFO or web of science. You can type key words in and should find loads of stuff on this. Your uni will probably subscribe to them so check with the library to see how to access them online.
Reply 12
Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending