The Student Room Group

Ipad or laptop

Hi everybody. I'm starting child nursing in September and I would like to know whether I should invest in a laptop or an ipad for lectures etc. Thanks for any advice.
Original post by Kbibi12345
Hi everybody. I'm starting child nursing in September and I would like to know whether I should invest in a laptop or an ipad for lectures etc. Thanks for any advice.

It's personal preference, but a laptop offers more versatility, iPads are smaller, but consider getting a keyboard for better productivity. Check your institution's recommendations and if there is a online platform to chat to students try getting in touch with someone studying at the University to talk about their experience.

I personally used a laptop as it meant it was a smoother transition between lectures and working on essays but it does come down to how you prefer to take notes and what else you will use the device for.

Good luck with your studies!
Reply 2
iPads are useful but a laptop would likely be more suited to your needs should it be one or the other as you'll need it to write assignments etc.
Reply 3
Thank you for your answers. I am leaning more towards an ipad due to the fact that it is touch screen and I'm guessing with nursing there will be lots of diagrams involved which are easier to annotate on an ipad.
You can’t be serious
Reply 5

a laptop is quite essential i think an ipad is definitely nice to have and i use mine for note taking but its not that ideal for assignments

I‘ve been a child nursing student and honestly my ipad was amazing for anatomy and bioscience, i used good notes to write up notes on each body system and it really helped me to have everything organised. but you’ll deffo want a laptop too as doing whole assignments on an ipad isn’t the easiest!
Reply 7
Original post by sadiebourne03
I‘ve been a child nursing student and honestly my ipad was amazing for anatomy and bioscience, i used good notes to write up notes on each body system and it really helped me to have everything organised. but you’ll deffo want a laptop too as doing whole assignments on an ipad isn’t the easiest!

Hi, is it absolutely impossible to do an assignment on an ipad? Also how is child nursing in terms of assignments, exams etc?
Thank you
Reply 8
Laptop! I'm in my second year of nursing and I wouldn't know where I'd be without my laptop. Alot of people.who opted for an ipad ended up getting a laptop which they wasted thousands of money when they could've just gotten a laptop. I have a macbook, I still do anatomy diagrams and notes
Hi, is it absolutely impossible to do an assignment on an ipad? Also how is child nursing in terms of assignments, exams etc?
Thank you

It’s possible but i do find that the whole layout of word is completely different on ipad and i personally didn’t enjoy it, but you can get keyboards for ipads which might help? i’d definitely recommend a laptop though! i personally typed my assignments on my laptop and had my ipad for reading articles/references so i could use both screens.

it’s different for every university but i was at ARU and i found that our assignments weren’t too bad, we had enough time to get through them, there was just a LOT of referencing and quoting different sources in the essays. All of the exams i had were remote/open book so i didn’t find them overly difficult but there is a lot of content especially in bioscience modules!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending