The Student Room Group

Wtf am I to him?- he didnt even wish me a merry xmas boohoo.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by SoulfulBoy
This.

NEGGERS: My reputation is -298 so you tell me if a give a "censored word" wich button you click. :rolleyes:

"Yawn11" says it better in his signature.
Something about the immensity of the **** he does not give.
It's kinda weird how you totally rejected him and still expect him to be cool with it and act like nothing ever happened.
Original post by Bslforever
It's kinda weird how you totally rejected him and still expect him to be cool with it and act like nothing ever happened.

What am I suppose to do?
I act like nothing happened because I wanna move passed it and I want things to be normal again.
Original post by xobeauty
What am I suppose to do?
I act like nothing happened because I wanna move passed it and I want things to be normal again.

I know that's what you want.

However, its not as simple as that for him. I know if a girl rejected me the way you rejected him I wouldn't be able to just bounce back and carry on as normal.

My advice, just give the guy some space. If he wants to carry on being friends, he will talk to you eventually. If not, you might just have to accept that your friendship has been ruined by a combination of his feelings for you and the slightly **** way you handled his feelings.
Reply 24
This happend with a guy friend of mine. Except I didn't try and chase him because I respected his needs above my own.

I sometimes feel men and women can not be close friends.
Original post by Horatio-
This happend with a guy friend of mine. Except I didn't try and chase him because I respected his needs above my own.

I sometimes feel men and women can not be close friends.

If the girl is 'alright' looking, or better, then the man will inevitably end up fancying the girl.

Almost always happens to be, it's a real pain :frown:
Reply 26
I'm guessing you didnt reply to my response 'cos you didnt want to hear the truth :/
You've hurt him, just have to move on and hope one day it changes.

But you've got to ask yourself, if you care this much for him and what he thinks of you, why don't you see him more than 'just' a friend? Think carefully about this.. Looks are important.. but if thats all you're going off then he deserves someone better
Reply 27
Maybe all along he was after more than friendship, you only wanted friendship, so now he has moved on :frown:
Reply 28
If you have a chick you still can see her as a friend

You can, but it is hard to rid yourself of those feelings nonetheless, even harder when you maintain the hope that one day those feelings will become mutual. By lowering contact he prevent himself from any emotional damage and can move on. Otherwise one can easily find themselves in a rut where they become obsessed with one person and suffer greatly from it.

Although lowering contact can cause the other party to become more interested you, I don't think this is what the guy is doing. It seems very clear that he is just moving on whilst TS trying to relive the past.
Original post by Breedlove
You can, but it is hard to rid yourself of those feelings nonetheless, even harder when you maintain the hope that one day those feelings will become mutual. By lowering contact he prevent himself from any emotional damage and can move on. Otherwise one can easily find themselves in a rut where they become obsessed with one person and suffer greatly from it.

Although lowering contact can cause the other party to become more interested you, I don't think this is what the guy is doing. It seems very clear that he is just moving on whilst TS trying to relive the past.

There is something called discipline. It can also be applied to feelings. After all, loving is an art.
Reply 30
There is something called discipline. It can also be applied to feelings. After all, loving is an art.

Lol wut.

Firstly, love =/= infatuation and love = emotion, not an art...
Secondly, although discipline could be useful the feelings would most likely still be present and could cause emotional distress.
Thirdly, why is the guy necessarily at blame? He's moved on, TS hasn't. Friends come and go, he is under no obligation to stay friends especially when he doesn't feel he gets as much as he wants out of the friendship/relationship.

NEGGERS: My reputation is -298 so you tell me if a give a "censored word" wich button you click. :rolleyes:

yes of course you do.. otherwise you wouldn't cry over it.
Reply 32
the only reason he stayed up with you "talking for hours" is because he wanted to plow you, you say you don't want anything like that with him and he does the proper thing and moves on.

He's doing what you should do and refusing to wallow in the friendzone.
Original post by Breedlove
Lol wut.

Firstly, love =/= infatuation and love = emotion, not an art...
Secondly, although discipline could be useful the feelings would most likely still be present and could cause emotional distress.
Thirdly, why is the guy necessarily at blame? He's moved on, TS hasn't. Friends come and go, he is under no obligation to stay friends especially when he doesn't feel he gets as much as he wants out of the friendship/relationship.

1st Quote: I already know that. Infatuation is unbalanced type of love where only passion is present.:rolleyes:
2nd Quote:Love is something else than an "emotion" wich makes reference to an irrational state. Love in its advanced mode is in fact a maturity state when a completely self-awareness individual says yes to himself and has a healthy attachment towards life. To love one person is just the concentration of love in that person.:rolleyes: Love is mainly an attitude towards life not an emotion.:rolleyes:
3rd Quote: A mature person who can love (love is not an irrational state) is able to make decisions regarding the type of love he can or not focus. Our friend is unable to love her friend is a brotherly fashion and that's the cause he cannot stay with her. Nothing to do with the unbearable pressure his feelings cause on him.

"Lol. Wut." Looks like you don't have the slightless understanding of love beyond a popular romantic concept of a shallow type of love.
Original post by as cruel school children
yes of course you do.. otherwise you wouldn't cry over it.

I'm not crying I'm laughing at the very fact.
Reply 35
1st Quote: I already know that. Infatuation is unbalanced type of love where only passion is present.:rolleyes:
2nd Quote:Love is something else than an "emotion" wich makes reference to an irrational state. Love in its advanced mode is in fact a maturity state when a completely self-awareness individual says yes to himself and has a healthy attachment towards life. To love one person is just the concentration of love in that person.:rolleyes: Love is mainly an attitude towards life not an emotion.:rolleyes:
3rd Quote: A mature person who can love (love is not an irrational state) is able to make decisions regarding the type of love he can or not focus. Our friend is unable to love her friend is a brotherly fashion and that's the cause he cannot stay with her. Nothing to do with the unbearable pressure his feelings cause on him.

"Lol. Wut." Looks like you don't have the slightless understanding of love beyond a popular romantic concept of a shallow type of love.

Is "Lol nah" any better? Because one of those fit this situation.

Firstly, love not an emotion? Please. Even if you dare claim it isn't an emotion then the argument that it arises from one appears.

Secondly, most of that is rubbish. If unsure, revert back to previous comment.
Sounds like this dude really loves you. How come you don't want a relationship with him?
Original post by xobeauty
My friend- well so I think is my friend, is really ticking me off.

He and I were friends for many years, he was that guy I would always go to for guy advice, and I was that girl he would go for girl advice, I've actually told him stuff I've never told anyone else, that's how close I felt to him. And then a couple months ago our friendship began to change. He started telling he cared for me, and that he loved me more than a friend. Even though I loved him, I didnt want a relationship, and he moved on. After all that, I noticed that we didnt talk as much, and one day I couldnt take it anymore because it really bothered me, it's like I have to beg him to talk to me. So one day I couldnt take it anymore, I told him how I felt....I told him it was like he didnt even care to talk to me anymore he just said that he didnt realize, and apologize.

I msged him on msn last week, and everything was cool, we were talking about a friend of ours who is "obsessed" with me which lead to him saying " I dont know why you never took me serious" (he means because while he trying to hook up with me I would brush him off I guess, he wouldnt really tell me what he meant). He says **** like " how's your boyfriend", when he fully knows I dont have one. I straight up asked him if he still liked me and he replied saying " dude, you rejected me why do you care"- he changed the subject. I know he's been going out with other girls, I dont know if that's why he's been to busy to talk to me or what Im pretty sure that's the reason, thats what my gutt is telling me. That's why im like wtf- another female comes into the picture and you're to busy to even say hi to me? Im not jealous by the way, I mean I still give him advice when he needs it about other girls- is that all im good for...we use to talk for HOURS...now he needs advice, I give it to him, and he's done with me.

I dont know wtf is going on, im sick of begging to talk to him after this thread im not thinking about it, or making anymore effort to talk to him. If he doesnt give a damn, I dont give a ****. OH and btw, he didnt even wish me a Merry Christmas--- wow after writing all that it's pretty clear that he doesnt care, not as much as I do. He said he'd be my homie for life:frown:

Dude im like in the exact same situation as the guy. Thats wierd.

Anyways in my situation, i figuired the girl pretty much wanted me around because she loved the attention. Either that or she`s undecided about being with me. Whatever the reason, im not gonna hang around
her like her lil bitch knowing this isnt going anywhere. :smile:
Original post by LukeNunn
I'm guessing you didnt reply to my response 'cos you didnt want to hear the truth :/
You've hurt him, just have to move on and hope one day it changes.

But you've got to ask yourself, if you care this much for him and what he thinks of you, why don't you see him more than 'just' a friend? Think carefully about this.. Looks are important.. but if thats all you're going off then he deserves someone better

This guy is HOT, not only is he hot, he has a good head on his shoulders.
Im not ready for a relationship right now, I got things to do first. And I want to give him 100%---- i cant do that right now.
Original post by Anonymous
Dude im like in the exact same situation as the guy. Thats wierd.

Anyways in my situation, i figuired the girl pretty much wanted me around because she loved the attention. Either that or she`s undecided about being with me. Whatever the reason, im not gonna hang around
her like her lil bitch knowing this isnt going anywhere. :smile:

Were you guys long time friends too?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending