The Student Room Group

Guys-girls playing violin attractive??

Scroll to see replies

Cello.
any instrument makes a girl more attractive tbh as it shows that they have talent...and also as a musician myself it gives an additional thing we have in common
as long as dey got tits and ass.
Reply 23
As a violinst/pianist, I'd be apathetic unless they were amazing. Being able to play the violin in itself wouldn't necessarily be attractive, being cultured would be. Pianists are a different matter though :coma:... but that's just me.
Reply 24
Original post by scherzi
As a violinst/pianist, I'd be apathetic unless they were amazing. Being able to play the violin in itself wouldn't necessarily be attractive, being cultured would be. Pianists are a different matter though :coma:... but that's just me.

Do you find that when starting out it was harder to muster the love of violin as easy as Piano cos piano will sound 'nice'(simple but nice) from the start whilst violin will screech like a bitch?
Good God! Play an instrument because you love music, not because it's regarded attractive by the opposite sex.
Reply 26
A girl playing the piano is more attractive in my opinion. It is classless and all about the talent.

Some violinists seem to use their instrument as a class weapon. They cut through the air with a kind of snooty disdain. 'I have my cake and eat it. I am delicate AND powerful. Do not approach me you filthy little man, I will turn you to dust' they seem to say.

Or maybe it's just me.
Reply 27
I used to play violin. But then I started studying A-levels. :frown:
Reply 28
Original post by Picnic1
A girl playing the piano is more attractive in my opinion. It is classless and all about the talent.

Some violinists seem to use their instrument as a class weapon. They cut through the air with a kind of snooty disdain. 'I have my cake and eat it. I am delicate AND powerful. Do not approach me you filthy little man, I will turn you to dust' they seem to say.

Or maybe it's just me.

Are you kidding? A piano costs a lot more than a violin. A violin just takes more skill.
Guys playing the violin = hot too.
Original post by Xhotas
I find women playing the Cello more attractive personally. Don't know why, but something about it just seems... hot really.

You, have style :h:
Reply 31
playing the piano attracts me. I love classy man. but they are rarely at these times. violin would be ok, too.

but it should not mean that he / she is totally useless for other things. I know a couple and they are close friends to me. he is a genius at the piano. I really adore it and I could kiss him all over if he plays when I am around but he is definetely useless for any other things aside from music. she has to cook, tidy up and repair things. he is just not a real man to men in that aspect. so that I don´t envy her for him in any other regards than playing the piano. :-)
Reply 32
Original post by Xhotas
I find women playing the Cello more attractive personally. Don't know why, but something about it just seems... hot really.

I used to play I play cello :sexface:
Reply 33
Original post by BookWormShanti
I used to play I play cello :sexface:

Don't you think it's a hame how-unless you're a musical maestro- childrens' musical instruments take a back seat to other things in life and it's only a few years down the line where they regret letting that happen.
Original post by Billydodger
Dunno whether I should learn piano or violin though (am a girl btw) someone advice me.

Piano fo' sho'. Even though it's a bit more difficult (finding somewhere to keep a piano, expenses etc) the variety of music you can play on it is huge so it's very hard to get bored of it. Also they sound amazing when played well :smile:
Reply 35
If your Chinese, probably not... they all do it.
I've fallen for quiet a few violin playing girls... its not good for me...

but then I play the Violin...so its something in common I guess..
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 37

/useless contribution
Reply 38
Original post by Billydodger
Don't you think it's a hame how-unless you're a musical maestro- childrens' musical instruments take a back seat to other things in life and it's only a few years down the line where they regret letting that happen.

Yeah, I quit piano as well when I was younger and I really regret it. Lots of my friends play instruments and they all get to go with school to Venice for a fortnight and stay in a 4 star hotel with a swimming pool and play in all these famous chapels. Plus, you get UCAS points :colondollar: Tbh, I'm not really musical though so I never would have been very good and I have enough other interests.
Reply 39
Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo
Does it matter? IF you want to play it, play it. I've been playing the viola for 10+ years, it definitely isn't something I do to be 'attractive'.

I know a girl who plays a 17" viola. Something quite hot about a girl playing a big fat viola.

Violin/viola chicks are generally hotter than cello chicks. Female cellists spend way too long straddling wood, they spend too much time in the saddle to be attractive and they can only do one position.

Quick Reply

Latest