The Student Room Group

PLEASE TELL ME im not the only one who CANT REVISE?!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by laurie:)
i justify going on the internet instead of revising by having a revision webite open at the same time..... doesn't mean i actually look at it :tongue:

and ewwww physics :smile:

hahah same
hey whats wrong with physics...what subjects do u take?
Original post by Soloman
putting my books under my pillow and hoping it all diffuses into my head while i sleep...

does it work?? lol...
Reply 122
Original post by cool_beans1993
hahah same
hey whats wrong with physics...what subjects do u take?

physics is plain dull. like seriously, i was always falling asleep in the GCSE classes :biggrin:

i take chem, bio, maths and psych, but not too sure what i'm gonna drop next year, i'm thinking of taking them all :eek:

you?
Reply 123
Revision starts 2011 kk? k.
Reply 124
Original post by Soloman
putting my books under my pillow and hoping it all diffuses into my head while i sleep...

are you joking? cause i sometimes do that the night before an exam, i thought i was the only one!

... doesn't really work :colondollar:
physics is plain dull. like seriously, i was always falling asleep in the GCSE classes :biggrin:

i take chem, bio, maths and psych, but not too sure what i'm gonna drop next year, i'm thinking of taking them all :eek:

you?

i take math physic and english lit i dropped history last year...dayum ur gonna die doing all of em!
Reply 126
It doesn't get any better once you're at uni either :frown: I LITERALLY can't revise and I have so many exams in 2 weeks.
Reply 127
Original post by cool_beans1993
i take math physic and english lit i dropped history last year...dayum ur gonna die doing all of em!

i really hope not!

the thing is i want to do medicine at oxbridge, and they prefer 3 science/maths subjects, but i'm really really enjoying psych atm and i wanna do it next year, and its not counted as a science subject and i don't wanna drop it soooo i'm stuck :redface:

have you applied for uni/what are you applying for?
Reply 128
I can't either and mine are on 10th and 12th of Jan, i kind of wish they were before xmas as I can't focus at all! still in the party mood, especially since its not been new year yet.

Original post by Fandabidoze!
Hopefully the New Year will bring a new enthusiasm for revision. However that means I've still got 2 more full days of procrastination left.

I like your thinking.

edit; just noticed this is in the a levels forum woops! since im talking about uni exams.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 129
are you joking? cause i sometimes do that the night before an exam, i thought i was the only one!

... doesn't really work :colondollar:

You should record yourself reading out your notes and listen to that before you go to bed the night before your exam, that will work
Original post by lonelykatana
I cant either :/
Its not that I dont want too, nor that I dont want to do well in the exams..
I dont know, I just cant ****ing start :angry:

This is my exact problem! Every time i sit down, i get distracted, then later i have a mini panic attack due to the lack or revision done! I have no idea what to do :confused:
i really hope not!

the thing is i want to do medicine at oxbridge, and they prefer 3 science/maths subjects, but i'm really really enjoying psych atm and i wanna do it next year, and its not counted as a science subject and i don't wanna drop it soooo i'm stuck :redface:

have you applied for uni/what are you applying for?

yh i applied 3 weeks a go for civil engineering...ive got 3 offers so far :biggrin:
its so hard to get into oxbridge and dayum medicine...my brothers doing medicine...ive always hated biology so it was never the thing for me :P
Original post by SergioMZ
You're not the only one.

Welcome to the club. :biggrin:

(Also C1 and C2 on the 10th?)

This sums it up pour moi.
Reply 133
I can't revise, I keep blaming my cough and start swearing at everything then give up and mooch about on my laptop for the rest of the day. Procrastinating is too tempting! :frown:
Same here.I also have some textbooks open in front of me and I'm telling myself to turn my laptop off,but then I come on here and its all over.
i justify going on the internet instead of revising by having a revision webite open at the same time..... doesn't mean i actually look at it :tongue:

and ewwww physics :smile:

Why do so many girls always say "ewwwwww physics"? That phrase almost seems like done thing said by any girl that either finds it too hard, boring or doesn't like science!!
Original post by marek35
You aint the only 1. im taking c1,c2 (both on same day, damnit!) and FP1 in jan lol. Finished C1 fully got 90%+ on all past papers, about to finish c2 and start on FP1 now :smile:.

I don't get why they put C1 and C2 back to back. Anyone doing A level maths in one year will most probably be doing them both in January. And again I have C3 and FP1 back to back too. (I'm doing A2 maths AS FM), so anyone doing this combination will suffer as well.
Reply 137
Original post by IrishPerson
my 1st two tests are on the 10th AND I LITERALLY CANT STUDY!
I HAVE NO CONCENTRATION IM STARTING TO REALLY WORRYYYYYYYYYY

hey dear
DO YOU WANNA KNOW THAT YOU AREN'T THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN NOT REVISE ?

OKAY ME TO (UNFORTUNATELY) I DO HAVE AN EXAM ON MONDAY AND I AM TRYING MY BEST
WISH ME LUCK :confused:
Reply 138
All I can say is, thank god M1 isn't til the 24th, and that we already hammered the C1 papers... just Physics and Chemistry left, shame they're the ones I'm least prepared for, coffee rushes are gonna get me through this.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 139
I have exams on the 10th, 12th, 14th, 17th, 19th, 24th.

I've convinced myself that memorising the dates is somehow enough. I sense failure approaching.

Quick Reply

Latest