The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Original post by Hetman Vladislav
Are you applying in a gap year or from university?

If you applied during a gap year, are you able to use your high-school marks like the regular applicants? If you applied from university, are you able to use both your high school marks as well as the marks you have accumulated in that one year?

Thanks

I applied through a gap year, not at university.

You HAVE to declare high school marks (GCSEs) regardless of what stage you're at. If you apply during university, I assume you mean transferring to a different university, rather than post-grad, and I assume places will have a minimum standard they expect, whether you have to declare that on UCAS, I don't know, but you'd be asked at interview (if you apply somewhere they have interviews I assume.)

I would ask this question in the university application thread, you'll get more definite responses.
Original post by Mann18
I applied through a gap year, not at university.

You HAVE to declare high school marks (GCSEs) regardless of what stage you're at. If you apply during university, I assume you mean transferring to a different university, rather than post-grad, and I assume places will have a minimum standard they expect, whether you have to declare that on UCAS, I don't know, but you'd be asked at interview (if you apply somewhere they have interviews I assume.)

I would ask this question in the university application thread, you'll get more definite responses.

Thanks for the response and I'll be pursuing this in the thread that you mentioned. Since you are in your gap year, who could you use as a reference?
Reply 982
Original post by Hetman Vladislav
Thanks for the response and I'll be pursuing this in the thread that you mentioned. Since you are in your gap year, who could you use as a reference?

I applied through my former college, so my tutor was my reference.
Reply 983
Original post by Doughnuts!!
Fair enough, those are all valid reasons. Apart from the architecture thing. NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO DISS THE AWESOME WARWICK ARCHITECTURE!!

Funny how preferences can vary so much between people. Manchester is my last choice whilst Warwick is joint second alongside Nottingham!

OMG! I quickly noticed I misspelt some words. Grrr lol. :biggrin:

Anyhow, lmao, I guess that's because my Dad is an architect. I probably have slightly different tastes. >_<

Actually, I was planning on aiming for Nottingham and Birmingham as my top choices. However, I decided along somewhere that I didn't want to apply to any LNAT Unis; and after some calculated thinking I realised they wouldn't make much difference.

Mind me asking what your first choice is? :smile:
[QUOTE='[NyuNyu];29161120']OMG! I quickly noticed I misspelt some words. Grrr lol. :biggrin:

Anyhow, lmao, I guess that's because my Dad is an architect. I probably have slightly different tastes. >_<

Actually, I was planning on aiming for Nottingham and Birmingham as my top choices. However, I decided along somewhere that I didn't want to apply to any LNAT Unis; and after some calculated thinking I realised they wouldn't make much difference.

Mind me asking what your first choice is? :smile:

Not applying to LNAT unis was a smart move! The LNAT sucks balls...

First choice is Cambridge. Hear from them in 3 days. :afraid:
Not applying to LNAT unis was a smart move! The LNAT sucks balls...

First choice is Cambridge. Hear from them in 3 days. :afraid:

good luck broski
Reply 986
Original post by adam0311
Yeah, but I'm international. They don't start making the bulk of the offers until after the deadline.

hey, I'm surprised you haven't heard from queen mary yet!
Reply 987
I...I just want Warwick to give me an offer :cry2:

Just thought I'd throw that out there.
Reply 988
Original post by Potiron

You and I both, where else have you applied!
Original post by dog24

Me too! It's scaring me that loads of people on here seem to have offers from them already!

Did anyone else get a christmas greetings email from them? :smile: i felt special... would have preferred an offer though :/ X
Original post by daisy.noble
Me too! It's scaring me that loads of people on here seem to have offers from them already!

Did anyone else get a christmas greetings email from them? :smile: i felt special... would have preferred an offer though :/ X

I remember you from the Law Conference! And I have you on FB. Which college did you end up going for?

Original post by dog24

Original post by Potiron

If there was a way to give my Warwick offer to somebody, I happily would if Cambridge give me an offer!

good luck broski

Thanks man.

I think I got the Warwick Christmas greetings, which was nice. I got one off Northumbria too, but they just stalk me via email so it was less festive and more 'change the locks'...
Reply 992
Original post by dog24

Original post by micky022
I think I got the Warwick Christmas greetings, which was nice. I got one off Northumbria too, but they just stalk me via email so it was less festive and more 'change the locks'...

The Christmas greeting was nice, no one else sent me one.

I've applied to Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff and Reading - offers from all of them except Cardiff who've asked me for a second reference :\ I have asked someone to write me one, but I don't really want to go there anyway.

I'm not too worried, last time I applied it took ages for Warwick to reject me, I think they do make most decisions pretty late. They are definitely the uni I like best of the ones I've applied to. Despite the architecture.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by dog24
hey, I'm surprised you haven't heard from queen mary yet!

Yeah me too. I'll probably end up withdrawing my application from them since its my last pick. I'm already into Durham, so there'd be no point on waiting on an offer from QMUL.
Reply 994

If there was a way to give my Warwick offer to somebody, I happily would if Cambridge give me an offer!

Haha I've been thinking this about looads of people, like a girl at cam interview already had lse offer, and loads of people on Cambridge thread have offers to top unis like ucl, all I have is queen mary :frown: Why can't someone give me their offer if they get Cam!!

:P
Reply 995
Yeah me too. I'll probably end up withdrawing my application from them since its my last pick. I'm already into Durham, so there'd be no point on waiting on an offer from QMUL.

I do have an offer there, but it seems you are a stronger applicant than I which is why I was asking :P What do you make of it anyway? I have an offer there, 2 rejections from UCL and lse, and inevitable Cambridge rejection in a few days, and waiting on whats becoming an ever more likely rejection from Warwick.

You seem to know know your stuff, so if you don't mind me asking, what do you make of Queen Mary vs Warwick, and both of those vs Manchester ( I know its not a choice but i live there and starting to wish I'd applied Manchester)

thanks!
Offer from Sussex AAB-A*BB and Southampton AAB.

Yet to hear from UCL, QM & KCL. They sure know how to take their time. I'd rather know if I got rejected asap then playing the waiting game, sheesh! (but let's hope I got an offer LOL) :afraid:
Reply 997
Original post by dog24
I do have an offer there, but it seems you are a stronger applicant than I which is why I was asking :P What do you make of it anyway? I have an offer there, 2 rejections from UCL and lse, and inevitable Cambridge rejection in a few days, and waiting on whats becoming an ever more likely rejection from Warwick.

You seem to know know your stuff, so if you don't mind me asking, what do you make of Queen Mary vs Warwick, and both of those vs Manchester ( I know its not a choice but i live there and starting to wish I'd applied Manchester)

thanks!

FYI, Manchester Law was in Extra last year.
Reply 998
Original post by Mann18

Should this make me happy I have QMUL not Manchester?
Original post by Mann18

It's my last choice but I felt special getting an offer a week after sending my UCAS off. 8 applicants per place, my arse! :hmmm:

Latest

Trending

Trending