The Student Room Group

AQA ICT INFO1 and INFO2 Help!

Hello everyone.

I am going to resit INFO 1 and 2 in Jan 2011 and I was hoping that if anyone could help me in the revision, I have been having troubles on how to answer the Coursework related questions from the INFO 1 exam, and also have trouble answering the final question which is the highest mark one

It would be really good if someone could lend me some quick revision notes or to do online revsion (skype, hotmail, etc).

Thank you very much.
:smile::smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jazzel70
Hello everyone.

I am going to resit INFO 1 and 2 in Jan 2011 and I was hoping that if anyone could help me in the revision, I have been having troubles on how to answer the Coursework related questions from the INFO 1 exam, and also have trouble answering the final question which is the highest mark one

It would be really good if someone could lend me some quick revision notes or to do online revsion (skype, hotmail, etc).

Thank you very much.
:smile::smile:

Hey, ure doing both in jan :O...wot did u get before? urm for info 1 i achieved a B grade (june 2010), and i guess it really depends on how good ure cw is and if the answer lies within ure cw....there are papers on the aqa website but not many! only a couple i think ...for info 2 i got an E :frown: retaking in jan as well, btw do u know wot day the exams are? can't really help with info2 but for info 1 all i can say is to get some help from ure teacher as in they might tell you wot is required in ure cw and tell them to check it a few times.. my coursework was roughly 15-20 pages long and if i can get a B, surely u can get one as well...the cw related questions are not too bad and for the final exam question it can be based on anything really...i remember the june one was quite nasty...good luck :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by ,,,,
Hey, ure doing both in jan :O...wot did u get before? urm for info 1 i achieved a B grade (june 2010), and i guess it really depends on how good ure cw is and if the answer lies within ure cw....there are papers on the aqa website but not many! only a couple i think ...for info 2 i got an E :frown: retaking in jan as well, btw do u know wot day the exams are? can't really help with info2 but for info 1 all i can say is to get some help from ure teacher as in they might tell you wot is required in ure cw and tell them to check it a few times.. my coursework was roughly 15-20 pages long and if i can get a B, surely u can get one as well...the cw related questions are not too bad and for the final exam question it can be based on anything really...i remember the june one was quite nasty...good luck :biggrin:

I didn't do INFO 1 last year (I dont know what happened), and i got an E in INFO 2 as well, my INFO 1 coursework is about 10-15 pages and I dont think I will have time to ask the teacher because the exam dates are 13 of jan for INFO 1 and 21 of jan INFO 2.

Anyways thanks for the help provided!
Reply 3
Please i neeed heeeeeeeeeeeelpppppppppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!1
Reply 4
I am a first time sitter going for the early entry, both INFO1 and INFO2!

My best advice for you is to make a coursework of the following:

Make it as if your client has a warehouse who sells items (you can make up what the items are, for me i chose computer components) and he basically sends order forms to local houses where they could fill in what they want to buy, and send it back to the automatically filled in address.

The order form would be received by the empolyees in the warehouse where they would get the stuff and record it to give to the workers to deliver to the address.

You could say that the client wants to computerise the system so it will be more efficient, faster and easier to keep a record of (less paper, more digital)

Go on Excel and make an order form, make it look realistic.

Client > Person who needs a solution to the problem
User > YOU! who will be creating the system so he could record the orders sent back from the customers.
Audience > Workers that pick up the items and dispatch them to the desired address.

Know your clients skills. Make them up!!

Read all the past papers and see ALL the questions related to the coursework!

AND GOOD LUCK!
Reply 5
Good luck.
Reply 6
great notes!
Reply 7
great notes thanks man!
Reply 8
Original post by XeNOmEX
I am a first time sitter going for the early entry, both INFO1 and INFO2!

My best advice for you is to make a coursework of the following:

Make it as if your client has a warehouse who sells items (you can make up what the items are, for me i chose computer components) and he basically sends order forms to local houses where they could fill in what they want to buy, and send it back to the automatically filled in address.

The order form would be received by the empolyees in the warehouse where they would get the stuff and record it to give to the workers to deliver to the address.

You could say that the client wants to computerise the system so it will be more efficient, faster and easier to keep a record of (less paper, more digital)

Go on Excel and make an order form, make it look realistic.

Client > Person who needs a solution to the problem
User > YOU! who will be creating the system so he could record the orders sent back from the customers.
Audience > Workers that pick up the items and dispatch them to the desired address.

Know your clients skills. Make them up!!

Read all the past papers and see ALL the questions related to the coursework!

AND GOOD LUCK!

I have already done my coursework but thanks anyways
Reply 9
Original post by jazzel70
I have already done my coursework but thanks anyways

Hah :frown: Well, maybe it helped somebody else!!
Reply 10
Original post by Boomy
Good luck.

Do you have some revision notes for INFO 1 as well it will be really appreciated thank you!
Reply 11
:smile:
Original post by Boomy
Good luck.

By any chance do u have INFO1 notes?
Reply 12
yeah! INFO 1 notes would be awesome!
Reply 13
Original post by Boomy
Good luck.

Do you have any INFO1 notes?

Thanks
Reply 14
INFO 1 tomorrow !!!!!!!!!!! NoOoO!!!one!!
How was the unit 1 paper?
Reply 16
It was average, I messed up in the 20 mark question!
:O do u remember what the 20 mark was about?
Reply 18
Original post by ,,,,
:O do u remember what the 20 mark was about?

It was about some time capsule ehere they were some old ICT components, and its buried then the question says something like discuss the features of the hardware and software that were written in the report??? I THINK!
Reply 19
INFO1 IS ALL ABOUT WRITING. MY FINGER ALMOST BLED AFTER THAT 1 hour and half of non stop writing.

My finger was asking for mercy, and my conscience wanted a good ICT grade. It was a war i was in for the last 20 minutes of the exam...

there was a very unusual weird question about the CW, something to do with data and output +requirements. I just made some crap up lol.

generally, it went well. but i am clueless as to what grade i achieved. I'm going to have to wait till 10th of MARCH!!

how did it go for you guys? what did you think of it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending