The Student Room Group

Your partner going on a clubbing holiday with friends?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
What are your views, as mine might be doing this with her girl mates next year in the summer.
Shes never cheated on anyone and swears she wouldnt, and i trust her but there is some doubt obviously.
I expect a lot of people on this forum are facing this next year as its pretty regular, so what do you think?

You just have to trust her and if she decided to sleep with other people than she's clearly not worth continuing to chase. I know it'd break my heart if my gf ever slept with anyone whilst we were together. Just remember that some people (like yourself) value sex more than others (who see it as 'just an action' or a 'means to an end').

Just talk to her. Say that you are worried about the whole holiday but you trust her. She'll respect you more for showing that you care about her enough to show your feelings whilst giving her the trust and respect to do her own thing. Trying to tie her down will only make things worse.

Can't say that you won't have your heart broken but if your relationship is worth having and a strong one then I'm sure you've got nothing to worry about.
Reply 101
Original post by Seba_Nile
You just have to trust her and if she decided to sleep with other people than she's clearly not worth continuing to chase. I know it'd break my heart if my gf ever slept with anyone whilst we were together. Just remember that some people (like yourself) value sex more than others (who see it as 'just an action' or a 'means to an end').

Just talk to her. Say that you are worried about the whole holiday but you trust her. She'll respect you more for showing that you care about her enough to show your feelings whilst giving her the trust and respect to do her own thing. Trying to tie her down will only make things worse.

Can't say that you won't have your heart broken but if your relationship is worth having and a strong one then I'm sure you've got nothing to worry about.

Yea we have spoke about it now.
Basically if there is no trust a relationship just wont work.
No relationship involves the two people ALWAYS being together. Its not difficult to cheat, even a night clubbing here in the UK it is easily possible.
I was just very insecure and worried, told her how i felt and now i feel ok. One of the 4 girls who were meant to be going isnt going now, and my gf has fell out with 1 of the others so its looking a bit naff lol.
Reply 102
My girlfriend is going to ibiza rocks this summer... The doubts are there anyway as its a "girly holiday" but the whole ibiza rocks thing has made it worse. However theres a lot riding on her not cheating as we're going on our own holiday after that and her mum has paid for it. I dont think you can be 100% sure she wont cheat as you never know what can happen. Just have to wait until she gets back.
Reply 103
Original post by adillon10
My girlfriend is going to ibiza rocks this summer... The doubts are there anyway as its a "girly holiday" but the whole ibiza rocks thing has made it worse. However theres a lot riding on her not cheating as we're going on our own holiday after that and her mum has paid for it. I dont think you can be 100% sure she wont cheat as you never know what can happen. Just have to wait until she gets back.

That sounds bad. She doesnt want a main clubbing resort, more a quiet area but with some non mainstream clubs nearby just for some nightlife.
Reply 104

That sounds bad. She doesnt want a main clubbing resort, more a quiet area but with some non mainstream clubs nearby just for some nightlife.

Yeah i know. If she does though her mums down £700 and it will probably ruin her holiday in Ibiza so if she does more fool her haha. Not gettin my euros until she gets back though... :P
Possibly the best response here! I trust my girl alot and there is abit of an age gap between us so she had alot to go through in life in regards of clubbing, holidays etc etc. I know that she feels guilty whenever she has done something wrong (which is hardly at all). She doesnt like to lie and when she does, you can tell.
I say, that you should let your other half be free but always give them small reminders what your relationship is all about. TRUST. LOYALTY. COMMITMENT, but dont be clingy and wierd. Also, if she really wanted to go on a Shagfest or even look to hook up with someone, then if you arent a jerk to her prior to her going, then i very much doubt she will do anything like that, and even if he/she does do anything unfaithful out there, when they come back, you will most definitely find out, if you know your other half well enough. Its all in the body language and your own intuition. From there on its upto you what you wanna do, whether you wanna stay or drop the relationship.
If she's not given you a reason for you to be suspicious, then don't be worried. Worrying will get you nowhere. Just hope if she does, then she tells you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending