The Student Room Group

OCR Biology F211 Exam - Tues 11'th January 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 800
Original post by CullenLoverX
:tongue: haha thats jokes.
i was just laughing because i came on tsr like 5 hours ago, this argument was going on; i went off tsr, revised 2 whole subjects thoroughly, did 2 past papers, i come back and the same argument is still going on :rolleyes:
like, the exam is over people. im sorry but pointing out that someone got hydrophobic and hydrophilic mixed up is not gonna get you another mark lol
just chill out and concentrate on revising for the other subjects.

come results day in march, then you can bring this discussion up again :biggrin:

yh, but im annoying in that i always want the last word. i know, dont tell me I suck haha.
Original post by DonFahad
some n00b pointed out that i got hydrophilic and hydrophobic mixed up. I was sorting him out.

NOOB, LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL , i cant believe people use that term to "insult" one another, what happened to just plain ****ing stupid.

And how where you "sorting me out" when you did infact get the two mixed up
so i didnt see the original comment of correction, Big whoop
What an ass hole
:jerry:
Reply 803
Original post by shooby_doo
NOOB, LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL , i cant believe people use that term to "insult" one another, what happened to just plain ****ing stupid.

And how where you "sorting me out" when you did infact get the two mixed up
so i didnt see the original comment of correction, Big whoop
What an ass hole

Actually, by looking on my rep counts, the TSR-ians have voted 4+ and 1- for my contributions to this thread. So, actually, I think, you're the *******.

If you are new to TSR, you will understand that rep is usually given for witty comments on health and relationships threads, not for posts on academic forums, so its not a bad haul...
Reply 804
I cba. I win, you lose, f*ck off, good night.
Actually, by looking on my rep counts, the TSR-ians have voted 4+ and 1- for my contributions to this thread. So, actually, I think, you're the *******.

If you are new to TSR, you will understand that rep is usually given for witty comments on health and relationships threads, not for posts on academic forums, so its not a bad haul...

Do you think i give a monkeys testicle about my rep in here,
i just give a **** about my grade which is why i come here
now please drop this argument, its meaningless
Reply 806
To be fair, it is a grey area, and I can't say for sure that I am 100% right though. I appreciate the rep though, every little helps, not that I advertise for Tesco or anything.

Haha but its kind of true 'cos they highlighted "cell surface membrane".. hmm.. post the answers if you get hold of the paper yeah!
Reply 807

Do you also talk about the plasma membrane folding in to form vesicles that enclose the foreign cells. then these vesicles fuse with lysosomes and lysosomes destroy the content of the vesicles?
Original post by racheatworld
I thought it was a Bronchus. It was pointing to the one, thick bronchus. You could see the alveoli were attached to the bronchioles which came off the bronchus and the arrow was no-where near the smaller branches.

no, as it was coming off a much thicker bronchus itself and so was a bronchiole
Reply 809
Original post by infernalcradle
I put that....just looked in the book and its correct....or at least...thats what it says...

how did you find it...

I thought it was completely different to any of the past papers.....

You really can't guess, I thought I done amazingly last year but I ended up getting my lowest score in this paper, I even done better in f215 :s-smilie:

I thought I would get at least +90% but I got 72%. I need a very high score to get an A overall now :sad:
Original post by infernalcradle
no, as it was coming off a much thicker bronchus itself and so was a bronchiole

I assumed that to be the trachea.
isn't the scale of it is all wrong for it to be as large as a bronchus? I saw the alveoli, the alveolar duct coming from them, so I assumed it to be a terminal bronchiole.. anyone else put that?
(edited 13 years ago)
Hey am new on here, and came on here to see how biology went, and there's some random argument on here?!?!? ..Seriously grow up!

But yeah, I was really confused about the bronchiole/bronchi question and how do you lot think it went as a whole?

:smile:
Reply 813
Can someone upload the paper please?
Original post by TattyBoJangles
I assumed that to be the trachea.

well no, as it didn't have any rings or cartilage and the trachea is much larger and further away due to more branching than that
Reply 815
Is the whole bronchiole/bronchus argument still going on?

I'm pretty sure it was bronchiOLE. The scale doesn't matter in most exams unless you're doing measures e.g. that magnification question
You just needed to use your common sense, basically. And aren't bronchioles always attached to alveoli?

P.s. plants are my enemies now, ftr. Why can't the just do plant stuff in environmental science only!! D':
THEY'RE NOT MEANT TO HAVE STEAM COMING OUT OF THEM!!! IT'S NOT NATURAL!!!!
Reply 816
I put bronchiole.
Anyone got the paper?
Reply 817
Original post by VetApplicant
I have a 50 slide revision powerpoint for OCR AS Biology last year
If anyone wants it, just tell me how to send it and I will :biggrin:

i know the exams over now but i think i will have to resit so can you send it to me as well pleasee? :smile:
Just wondering if anyone knows when the ocr website updates past papers? As in when will this exam be put up as a past paper and mark scheme?
Reply 819
Original post by CRG

THEY'RE NOT MEANT TO HAVE STEAM COMING OUT OF THEM!!! IT'S NOT NATURAL!!!!

Lol...made me laugh!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending