The Student Room Group

How are you spending Summer after GCSE's? :)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rachael92
T4OTB was good. Not sure I'd go again and the weather was rubbish but I enjoyed the experience.
And yeah the summer camp was amazing. Its free aswell and I made so many friends there from all around the world. I went last year aswell but now I'm too old :frown:

Typical british weather then :wink:

Free really? Do you have to be able to speak spanish?
Work experience/getting a job, going on holiday and getting ready for A levels :s-smilie:
Original post by i.am.lost
It was such a waste of a summer (which is highly in contrast to my next two summer holidays).

Oh? What did you do? :biggrin:
Reply 43
*Engineering work experience
*OASC for Welbeck DSFC
*Do lots of adventurous activities (go sky diving or gain advanced open water scuba diver)
Original post by tripleeagle
Oh? What did you do? :biggrin:

Year 12 summer was spent in Reading Uni working on a pretty cool project basically helping someone do their PhD (I was also accepted into some 2 week course at Eton yup, that Eton but they cancelled it due to swine flu :rant:)

Year 13 summer I managed to get a job in the City doing software testing and earned a lot of dosh

Hopefully this summer is just as productive :smile:
Original post by max25
Im going to newquay for a week with my friends and reading festival!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woooo!

We're going to Newquay and reading too!!!!! So excited!!!!!
i've gotta get me some work experience during the summer holidays, hopefully abroad :biggrin: (India)

before that i'm on a German Work Exchange programme so i'll see if i can get anything relevant to Medicine there :biggrin:
Reply 47
Original post by Georgiablu
We're going to Newquay and reading too!!!!! So excited!!!!!

same!!!
do you know many other people going to newquay?
Reply 48
world challenge expedition to ecuador for a month (including my sixteenth) fantastic. and going to the beach loads.
woop woop!
A job and new york with the whole family
Going on a 2 week holiday to Botswana with my family. Maybe going camping with my friends aswell. Then for the rest meeting up with friends and finding work expierence as I want to do medicine and have made no effort to organise any work expierence.
Original post by max25
same!!!
do you know many other people going to newquay?

Yhh loads of people from my area are going, how many friends are u going with?? But yh quite a few people going from here, about 50 people that I know, so I think it's gonna be so gd!!
Reply 52
Original post by Georgiablu
Yhh loads of people from my area are going, how many friends are u going with?? But yh quite a few people going from here, about 50 people that I know, so I think it's gonna be so gd!!

im only going with 4 other boys but not heard of anyone else!
do you know boyss going?
and what week you going?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 53
Leeeeed fesstivall :smile:
so excited! and those people who say there gonna spend there whole summer revising really need to get a life!
I know its really cheesy but you only live once.

G
Original post by i.am.lost
Year 12 summer was spent in Reading Uni working on a pretty cool project basically helping someone do their PhD (I was also accepted into some 2 week course at Eton yup, that Eton but they cancelled it due to swine flu :rant:)

Year 13 summer I managed to get a job in the City doing software testing and earned a lot of dosh

Hopefully this summer is just as productive :smile:

Go Reading!
I agree, some of you need to let loose. Summer is the chance to have some time off and relax, you'll need it for when you get back to School!
Reply 56
just chilling out with mates, might go to switzerland,

trying to organise some work experience at a hospital, want to do Medicine

more to the POINT, shouldn't you be REVISING? instead of thinking of the holidays!!
Original post by FTstudies
Go Reading!

Yay for Reading. I'll always have a soft spot for it :love:
Original post by max25
im only going with 4 other boys but not heard of anyone else!
do you know boyss going?
and what week you going?

Yh more boys than girls are going from here, we're going from the 2nd July till 9th u?? xx
work exp? :{

Quick Reply

Latest