The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by eve_m
'Not even that good at it' but you're grade 8?! You're talking to one of the least musically gifted people ever, so grade 8's bloody impressive to me... I figured I'd just use my name as my username, to avoid cringing in hindsight later :tongue:

Ah lucky you, I couldn't think of anything else to put as a username tbf!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by webber8345
I actually don't know if it does, I certainly haven't applied for it. As much as I love the look of Durham I think I'll want to do a masters elsewhere, perhaps the states.

Sounds interesting, hope you find a nice uni :smile:
Original post by Frelsh
Anyone else on here applied and not had an offer/ rejection yet? :smile:

mee!
i had an interview in december for primary ed though, bring on the offer!!
Reply 2803
Original post by Frelsh

Me :frown:
Charming. Thanks for that..?

My pleasure. What course are you going for btw?
Original post by Frelsh

Me! :smile: (woop woop...)
Same here, not heard anything. I'm so sad. :frown:
Me too! Or by the looks of it, me five or six! :smile:
Still endlessly refreshing.. :frown:
Anyone offered a place in Trevelyan College?
Reply 2810
Speak to me Durham!!! :frown:
Original post by feuerfrei
Anyone offered a place in Trevelyan College?

I got an offer from Durham today. Haven't heard what college I'm at yet but I applied to Trevelyan so fingers crossed! :biggrin:

Do you have an offer from them?
Reply 2812
Original post by AlexIsMyHero
I got an offer from Durham today. Haven't heard what college I'm at yet but I applied to Trevelyan so fingers crossed! :biggrin:

Well done!!! :smile: what subject?
Original post by mlsdbk
Well done!!! :smile: what subject?

Biology (with industrial placement) :biggrin:
What have you applied for and have you had an offer yet?

Yeah, two months ago xD I applied with open application...subject Geography :smile:
Reply 2815
Biology (with industrial placement) :biggrin:

I've got an offer for Biology at St.John's! Might well be seeing you next year! :smile:
Reply 2816
Original post by jwolinski
Van Mildert - Combined Social Sciences?! Anyone? anyone?
Applied to Chad's - offer from Van Mildert - you would have thought they would have picked another college just slightly similar....

I had exactly the same thing, I applied to Chad's and got Van Mildert... I think I'm glad though - no sharing rooms and stuff! :smile:
Reply 2817
Aaah I can see why you'd want to be close to family and friends, I really don't know how feasible it is to visit from Warwick though? Its probably better.
Thing is, there isn't all THAT much time during term to visit other people. I mean, I've talked to my friends about seeing each other when we're all scattered around the UK but I really don't think any of us will have time and interaction will probably have to be confined to the longer holidays and skype. It'd be nice if it does work out though :smile:

Yea, I have offers from Durham and Sussex but they're both for 36 points and neither ask for specific subject requirements so I'm quite pleased about that, though as the offer is the same, I'm def going for Durham over Sussex.
Oxford was a rejection and I still have to hear back from St Andrews, Exeter and McGill (UBC too if I get around to applying lol).

Do you do the IB? What subjects?

I don't want to be too close to family... the point of going to university and being independent and stuff will be lost then...haha!! I meant that if go to Warwick during term I might be able to visit during a long weekend or something... but my teacher was like Durham is pretty chilled out...!! So...still thinking!!haha

Nope i dont do IB..im doing GCE A-Levels. Im doing Maths, Further Maths, Economics and AS Geography (really interesting.. for me atleast)...
I thought of applying to St. Andrews but its way up north and too cold!!
What subjects u doing?
Im not exactly sure.. What is Anthropology about?
Reply 2818
Original post by KayteeKaytee
They email it to you after you apply so you can track your application.

I didn't get any email from Durham. Just a long form to fill in about nationality and language, mostly irrelevant to me.
Application has been received by a college! Finally!
Does this mean I am guaranteed to get an offer?

Latest