Scroll to see replies

Reply 1440
Original post by qcdang
Course: LLB Law
University: LSE
Offer: A*AA - Conditional

UCAS sent: third week of November 2010
Offer received: 14 January 2011

Wow well done! May I ask your grades etc?
Reply 1441
Original post by Potiron
Bristol and Reading and Birmingham. I really don't know where I'm going to firm, hopefully after I visit everywhere again I'll make up my mind. I fell in love with Reading when I went there. Head over heels.

Really? That's so bizarre because out of all of them Reading is the lesser university, in the sense that the others are all Russel Group and very prestigous... so to have offers from them and decline them, everyone would condemn you haha!
Reply 1442
Original post by cem79
Ah that's good at least you have offers! It's good to feel like SOMEONE wants us isn't it haha. I hate seeing the 'unsuccessful' on my UCAS :frown: I'm Law with French. Have an offer from Manchester as well but it's just Law. I really want to go to Notts too! If only because I live in Brum and want to get away lol... I need an excuse to change my accent haha. And I've applied to Durham as well. But I don't want to go there. Too far away! :frown:

Also, should I be worried that it's just a BA at Notts, and not LLB? From what I can see... BA isn't as prestigious? Why have I not researched this lol!!!

Haha yeah :smile: i know :frown: Good luck, i hope you get an offer :smile: there's nothing wrong with the accent aha :smile: I don't think so, Cambridge do the BA aha, so it can't be that bad :smile:
Reply 1443
Original post by Charl*
Wow well done! May I ask your grades etc?

Thanks. I was soo relieved receiving the offer.
I got predictions of A*A*A*A* and Im an international student so didnt do GCSE here :smile:
Original post by matt1291
Really? That's so bizarre because out of all of them Reading is the lesser university, in the sense that the others are all Russel Group and very prestigous... so to have offers from them and decline them, everyone would condemn you haha!

I know, I know, it's a real dilemma. I didn't think I'd get into Bristol. If after I visit them all again I decide that I'll be happiest at Reading I'd still do it though, whatever TSR. I haven't visited Warwick for a couple of years but I really liked it there too, then. And I haven't visited Birmingham since lower sixth, so about three years ago, so I need to go back there too really. It's all up in the air and very exciting.
Reply 1445
Original post by Potiron
I know, I know, it's a real dilemma. I didn't think I'd get into Bristol. If after I visit them all again I decide that I'll be happiest at Reading I'd still do it though, whatever TSR. I haven't visited Warwick for a couple of years but I really liked it there too, then. And I haven't visited Birmingham since lower sixth, so about three years ago, so I need to go back there too really. It's all up in the air and very exciting.

I think you'll have a different set of eyes now you have offers of them places. Think about long-term though. If you LOVE Reading, but LIKE Warwick. Just think Warwick will open so many more doors for you as a graduate than Reading, and yeah there's the whole 'go where you love' but if you loved London South Bank and liked Oxford, you wouldn't go to LSB would you haha? I know it's completely exaggerated extremes but the principal is still the same...

It is very exciting. I did this whole business last year with English, decided on Uni of Manchester, but then I quit as I decided I definitely wanted to do Law, and I ****ed up my A2's due to some serious mitigating circumstances... so re-applied for Law, and now here I am! It is exciting indeed.
Hello there :smile:
Quick question :

Between Bristol and Nottingham which of the two has the higher reputation for Law?

Reply 1447
Honestly they are just as equal, but for me I think Nottingham edges it for its Law department! It's renowned!!
Reply 1448
Original post by Hf1992

Nice, yeah so far I've only received one offer from Leeds for AAA. Still waiting on the other 4.

Me too! I'm waiting for another 4. Only received an offer from Cardiff so far. Which other unis did you apply?
Reply 1449
Original post by yilyn
Me too! I'm waiting for another 4. Only received an offer from Cardiff so far. Which other unis did you apply?

Lol, the wait is killing me. I applied to Cardiff, Durham, Southampton and Birmingham, mainly because these universities are really good at law and have good cricket teams. What about you? which other 4 did you apply to?
Reply 1450
Original post by Hf1992
Lol, the wait is killing me. I applied to Cardiff, Durham, Southampton and Birmingham, mainly because these universities are really good at law and have good cricket teams. What about you? which other 4 did you apply to?

I applied to LSE, UCL, KCL and Nottingham. The London ones are really worrying me since a couple of my friends who were brilliant in their AS was rejected. :s-smilie:
The wait is killing me too.
Honestly they are just as equal, but for me I think Nottingham edges it for its Law department! It's renowned!!

Thank you! :smile:
To be honest I was hoping it was Nottingham.. its so greeeen! :tongue:
Original post by mishieru07
Oxford (Brasenose) - AAA
UCL - AAA
Bristol - AAB
LSE - Rejection
KCL - Rejection

Good luck!!!! :smile: Where else have you applied to?

whats really surprising me is that you got into oxford, which is extremely competitive...and KCL rejected you...that is so so weird...I really don't understand what kcl are expecting nowadays...

i applied kcl as well... and they are taking so longggggggggggggggggggg
Reply 1453
Original post by yilyn
I applied to LSE, UCL, KCL and Nottingham. The London ones are really worrying me since a couple of my friends who were brilliant in their AS was rejected. :s-smilie:
The wait is killing me too.

Well, it's not always good results which gets the offers. Personal statements need to be top-class, references should be good. There's more than just results, so keep your head up. :smile:
Reply 1454
Original post by Hf1992
Well, it's not always good results which gets the offers. Personal statements need to be top-class, references should be good. There's more than just results, so keep your head up. :smile:

Thanks! :smile: Good luck with your application! Hoping to know the decisions as soon as possible be it good or bad news.
I think you'll have a different set of eyes now you have offers of them places. Think about long-term though. If you LOVE Reading, but LIKE Warwick. Just think Warwick will open so many more doors for you as a graduate than Reading, and yeah there's the whole 'go where you love' but if you loved London South Bank and liked Oxford, you wouldn't go to LSB would you haha? I know it's completely exaggerated extremes but the principal is still the same...

It is very exciting. I did this whole business last year with English, decided on Uni of Manchester, but then I quit as I decided I definitely wanted to do Law, and I ****ed up my A2's due to some serious mitigating circumstances... so re-applied for Law, and now here I am! It is exciting indeed.

I applied for English a couple of years ago. I'm pretty determined I'm going to get the whole uni thing right this time around, I'm visiting everywhere and I'm going to take ages to decide, but I'm going to do it with a completely open mind. I don't want to go anywhere and be thinking 'what if I went to...' three months in.

Are you resitting A levels then? Because your offer's for three As? What subjects are you doing? Or did the mitigating circumstances push your grades back up?
Reply 1456
Oxford (St Johns) - Rejected
UCL - Still Waiting
LSE - A*AA (Friday 14th Jan)
QMUL - AAA
Durham - Still waiting

UCAS sent off: 15th October
Reply 1457
Original post by zerin62
Haha yeah :smile: i know :frown: Good luck, i hope you get an offer :smile: there's nothing wrong with the accent aha :smile: I don't think so, Cambridge do the BA aha, so it can't be that bad :smile:

Ahh are you from Birmingham lol! And yeah I've looked at it, I think BA you have to choose your modules more carefully if you want to do a law-based career. I might be talking out my arse but there we go.
Cheers for the help anyway! Good luck to you too, and hopefully see u in Notts!!!
Conditional offers:
Birmingham (AAA),
Leicester(AAA)
Reading(AAB)
Still waiting for King's College and Queen Mary...
Reply 1459
Original post by Potiron
I applied for English a couple of years ago. I'm pretty determined I'm going to get the whole uni thing right this time around, I'm visiting everywhere and I'm going to take ages to decide, but I'm going to do it with a completely open mind. I don't want to go anywhere and be thinking 'what if I went to...' three months in.

Are you resitting A levels then? Because your offer's for three As? What subjects are you doing? Or did the mitigating circumstances push your grades back up?

And same, I didn't feel prepared for Uni because I thought my A Level grades would let me down all my life, and I didn't have enough money, you need quite a bit of money to keep up with Student Life I think, my flatmates were quite well off so it was a struggle keeping up with them, but this time hopefully I'll have money to make me lead the non-stereotypical 'student life'.

Re-sitting, I got BBB but was predicted AAA, I got like EDE in the Summer exams because of a couple of family deaths, I averages out at BBB because my other modules were quite high and saved me a little bit!

I was gonna take a fast-track Politics A Level but I didn't want to jeopardise getting AAA and get like AABB and miss my grades!

Latest

Trending

Trending