The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1680
Original post by ZizAli
x

What if we win the league? Will your unwarranted criticism then stop, because I don't think anyone is really interested. I just wanted to know what it would take for you to back off this quality team.
Original post by slawaccess23
What if we win the league?

LOL! "What if we win the league?" :wink:
Reply 1682
Original post by ZizAli
LOL! "What if we win the league?" :wink:

Are you denying the fact that we have a chance? :facepalm2: Get a life.
(edited 13 years ago)
Are you denying the fact that we have a chance? :facepalm2: Get a life.

I can't discuss football with such a low standard. I can't. It's coming to that time of year I get bored, make my prediction, watch it come 100% accurate and get praised for it in the Summer. Then 6 months after I am a fool again because Arsenal have a "chance" of winning the league. It's boring now.
Whether you agree with the transfers/tactics/whatever at the club or not, you should still be backing it all the way to the finish line.

We have an incredibly realistic chance of winning the league this season (as indeed I've mentioned before), and haven't exactly struggled against the other current top 4 sides (P5 W2 D1 L2).

It should be evident that the board simply won't be sacking Wenger any time soon, and replacing him is likely to do more harm than good after such a stable, consistent long-term run (look at Charlton after Curbishley, Leeds after O'Leary or Newcastle after Bobby Robson).

The point is, you should be supporting the team even if you don't like what's going on - it's the whole point of being a fan. If we were actually struggling in the league, I'd say fair comment and probably be offering my own criticisms, but we aren't, so deal with it.

EDIT: I think you'll find it was my prediction that was correct and yours that wasn't last year. And if it's so 'boring' discussing with such a 'low standard', why do you insist on coming back all the time? :fyi:
(edited 13 years ago)
Is it possible to ignore members on this board?
Reply 1686
Original post by ZizAli
I can't discuss football with such a low standard. I can't. It's coming to that time of year I get bored, make my prediction, watch it come 100% accurate and get praised for it in the Summer. Then 6 months after I am a fool again because Arsenal have a "chance" of winning the league. It's boring now.

So you're saying when we lead the league a few seasons back this time of year, you genuinely thought we weren't going to win it? That's pure pompousness and bull****, you know how much you want Arsenal to win it so stop playing the devil's advocate. Just because we haven't won it in 5 years doesn't mean that it's "low standard". I can see how much you want Arsenal to win, but you're going too far in bashing our squad and coach like this, Wenger is not an angel and has made catastrophic mistakes, but to look at the squad and say they are poor takes a lot of courage. We have a squad capable of tearing apart any defence in the entire league, and this is something even you know. It's really just the defence that needs a bit improvement, we bagged the most goals in the league so far, that should tell you something even with your fierce anti-walcott rhetoric and bladibla.
Original post by milkytea

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/profile.php?do=ignorelist

Yeah, it tells you in the help section how to do so. [top of page]
Reply 1690
Who else believes that if we can overcome Barcelona, then the Champions League is basically ours? I certainly think so, whoever can take down this monster of a team will be a winner without a shadow of a doubt.
Who else believes that if we can overcome Barcelona, then the Champions League is basically ours? I certainly think so, whoever can take down this monster of a team will be a winner without a shadow of a doubt.

I think people will take us more seriously as a threat, but it will be no means be in the bag.
After all, Barca didn't win the Champions League last year, despite being the favourites. It all depends on injuries/ confidence/ form on the night etc.
I certainly think we'll give them a much better challenge than last season. Because they play a quick, movement game rather than balls over the top we can actually rely on the pace of Koscielny and Vermaelen (if fit) to shut out the threat of Barca going forward.

Against someone like Inter it could be a different story as they're a much more physical side.
Reply 1693
JK.
OP
JET's off to Cardiff for the rest of the season. Hopefully he'll get a good bit of game time, very promising payer. :yy:

I was just about to reply to your previous post until I saw this. What a joke.

I certainly don't think so. We do have a chance against Barca because they will come at us which does leave space as we saw last year. However, even if we do manage to get past Barca and we will have to have all our top players fit and in form to do so, then there are still plenty of teams I could see us struggling badly against, United and Real Madrid would be the biggest concerns.
If JET's gone on-loan to Cardiff then I'm not sure if Vela will be, though we do still have Nasri/Walcott/Arsh/Rosicky as wingers.

I don't think so. There's still some very good teams in it besides barca. I remember in 2003, when Real Madrid seemed unstoppable, outplayed Man Utd, only to get beaten by a spirited Juventus side. Yet Milan won the trophy. If and it's a big if we beat barca, we'll be in a very strong position but that doesn't mean we still couldn't lose it.

Good call.
Original post by ZizAli
Pair of donkeys. One is prepared to praise Walcott for his 1:2 goal to shot ratio. Do you watch football? I don't need to misread statistics to know that is complete rubbish. The other one who prefers the use of garbage over rubbish ridicules my view that he looks out of place on a football pitch. Comparing Walcott and Overmars because they are both fast is the most ridiculous thing I've heard in ages. Why not compare Messi and Vela because they are both short?
Ridiculed, blasted, attacked, abused and frowned upon at mid season. However come the end of the season I am praised and have endless people quoting me saying "I agree with ZizAli...". It's a damn shame.

What we have here at the Arsenal Society is the clearest case I've ever known of the blind leading the blind

I was neither ridiculing you nor blasting you. You made an absurd comment, I called you up on it and now you're ranting away about how you're 'praised at the end of the season'? Seriously, GROW UP! How old are you that you throw silly tantrums like a child rather than debating the issue like an adult?

Please do us all a favour and go away!
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest