The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hazard's Belgian isn't he? :dontknow:
Govou :colonhash:
Isn't Govou really old now?
You need some experience.
RVP and Chamakh aren't exactly FOBs. :dontknow:
Buy Eden's brother (Thorgan) who's currently at Lens. He's been dubbed 'The Next Michel Platini' on my Napoli save on Football Manager. I bought him and gave him a few run outs, high potential, terrible finishing but he's got age on his side!
I've got Throgan as well, been sending him on loan all over the shop. Especially after I signed Giles Barnes :teehee:
As much as I love the underdogs winning I suspect tonight we will see a masterclass from Arsenal and they will comfortably beat Leeds tonight.
Original post by Rock Fan
As much as I love the underdogs winning I suspect tonight we will see a masterclass from Arsenal and they will comfortably beat Leeds tonight.

you jinxing bastard you :colonhash:
Would've backed us had I known our best available side would be playing but it's not so...

Wenger will 'rotate' and I don't know what's going to happen. What is clear is that if Bendtner and Chamakh fail to impress against Championship opposition for the 3rd time in quick succession, maybe this level is beyond them and they should just **** off to League 2.

edit: But looking forward to seeing Ramsey in action.
if denilson and bender start together along with arshavin we will screw up :facepalm2:
Original post by Mastermind`
Buy Eden's brother (Thorgan) who's currently at Lens. He's been dubbed 'The Next Michel Platini' on my Napoli save on Football Manager. I bought him and gave him a few run outs, high potential, terrible finishing but he's got age on his side!

Sounds perfect for us.

Tried and failed to get tickets for tonight, some guy in the pub tried to sell me a couple in the home end for £50 each. I was game but trying to convince my non-gunner mates to part with that much proved difficult :frown: Pub it is then.

I hope that's not true as we desperately need cover for Vermaelen. I don't tend to trust those sort of stories in the papers as it would surely be on Arsenal.com if he had said that. The Sun is the worst. For every 80-90 bulls**t rumours they print, one will be true and they will continually gloat about how they got it right for once. So funny :biggrin:
Nasri is playing, should be enough to distinguish this performance from the last.
Hopefully Nasri does make the difference but Bendtner, Chamakh, Denilson, Arshavin all starting? They've been atrocious but all it takes is one or two of them to have a good game and we should have enough to win.
Reply 1756
No Ramsey at all?
Reply 1757
Looks like we're lining up like so:

Szczesny

Sagna-----Djourou-----Koscielny-----Gibbs

Nasri-----Song-----Denilson-----Arshavin

Bendtner-------Chamakh

Subs: Shea, Fabregas, van Persie, Walcott, Wilshere, Clichy, Eboue

Bendtner and Chamakh up front together yet again? Seriously? Third time lucky I guess is Wenger's thinking.... but if it doesn't work this time those two should honestly never ever play together again.

Also, no Ramsey even on the bench? I guess having Fab, Walcott and Van Persie all there just in case is a good idea.

Hoping Djourou manages ok and that we're not overworking him after so long out injured last year.
(edited 13 years ago)
Wheres Walcott?!?!
His pace changed the game when he came on in the first leg!
Original post by Deshi
No Ramsey at all?

:dry:

Seems that way. I wonder if he has suffered a set-back. He was playing against Championship opposition (with relative success) just a couple of weeks ago so he should've been ok to feature by now.

Lets try 0-2. Come on the mighty gunners!

Latest