The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Overmars
Also, we let Watt play against us so it wouldn't make much sense if Wenger told a weaker team than Leeds that they couldn't play Afobe (Although he is probably more important to Huddersfield than Sanchez Watt was to Leeds).

I thought Watt started reguarly for Leeds?
Reply 1901
R-KAM, 19 is what I thought too. I was wondering if any midfielder for Arsenal had bettered it.

I've spent ages trying to find out if anyone has bettered it. All I've got in return is a headache. Will have a another look later when home. Might just e-mail Martin Tyler :colonhash:
I will say it again your worst player is Bendtner
Did you see what he said after the game?

"I knew exactly where van Persie would be"

Doubt it. :colonhash:
Original post by cfc1992
I thought Watt started reguarly for Leeds?

I didn't suggest otherwise.
I didn't suggest otherwise.

But i dont think Afobe starts reguarly for Huddersfield in the league . .
Reply 1906
Original post by marcusmerehay

Did you see what he said after the game?

"I knew exactly where van Persie would be"

Doubt it. :colonhash:

He probably did. The fluke is it landed there :yep:
4 home games in a row. :sogood:

Wigan, Ipswich, Huddersfield, Everton.
Reply 1908
JK.
OP
Original post by Concern'd Viewer
If Sagna scores like that on a regular basis from now on, then I'll shut up.

A couple of months ago...

:shh:

Youth Cup tie away at Chelsea tonight, should be a cracker.

On a related note, I wonder if Wenger will let Huddersield play Afobe against us in the FA Cup, given that they've been so courteous as to let him come back to us for the Youth competition - don't see why not.

Very much looking forward to it. :teeth:

I'm sure he'll be allowed. :yep:
Original post by cfc1992
But i dont think Afobe starts reguarly for Huddersfield in the league . .

I think you're right -- unless he's injured, he hasn't been starting a lot. I stand corrected. :yy:
Original post by In2deep
Pretty much a lie, I could hear the Arsenal supporters over the Leeds fans all game bar a few minutes at the beginning and after your first goal towards halftime.

How much seats were reserved for Arsenal fans?

I was there, were you? No, just like the rest of your glory hunting lot other than the 3000 real fans there.

We gave you 5000 tickets, you immediately sent back 1800 of them and just about sold the 3000 left a couple of days before the game, how on earth a top 4 side getting 60k at home couldn't sell 5000 tickets is beyond me.

I've been to elland road 8 times this season, your vocal support was dire, and i was sat right next to the arsenal fans. Did you not see our full ground WACCOE with the shirts and scarves in the air all round the ground?
Reply 1911
Original post by LufcEllandRoad

I was there, were you? No, just like the rest of your glory hunting lot other than the 3000 real fans there.

We gave you 5000 tickets, you immediately sent back 1800 of them and just about sold the 3000 left a couple of days before the game, how on earth a top 4 side getting 60k at home couldn't sell 5000 tickets is beyond me.

I've been to elland road 8 times this season, your vocal support was dire, and i was sat right next to the arsenal fans. Did you not see our full ground WACCOE with the shirts and scarves in the air all round the ground?

Bit bitter?

You do realise there's more to being a football fan than going to more games than everyone else you know, right?

I'm not surprised we sent back 1800 tickets, you aren't a big club any more so there was never any guarantee we were going to sell them.
You do realise there's more to being a football fan than going to more games than everyone else you know, right?

I'm not surprised we sent back 1800 tickets, you aren't a big club any more so there was never any guarantee we were going to sell them.

A football fan is what 90% of this thread is made of, people who like football, picked a team because the kit colour was nice and watch them on telly

A football supporter supports his or her local team by going to games and actually supporting the team financially and by being there

Two completely different types :smile:
A football fan is what 90% of this thread is made of, people who like football, picked a team because the kit colour was nice and watch them on telly

A football supporter supports his or her local team by going to games and actually supporting the team financially and by being there

Two completely different types :smile:

Oh god, not another one. :facepalm2:

I support Arsenal because of my father.

I have not been to a game, not because I can't be arsed, but because I haven't had the opportunity - do you have any idea how difficult it is to get a ticket for an Arsenal game?

Instead I make myself content by watching the games, analysing them and studying the club in some detail . If that doesn't make me an Arsenal supporter then that's frankly insulting.
Oh god, not another one. :facepalm2:

I support Arsenal because of my father.

I have not been to a game, not because I can't be arsed, but because I haven't had the opportunity - do you have any idea how difficult it is to get a ticket for an Arsenal game?

Instead I make myself content by watching the games, analysing them and studying the club in some detail . If that doesn't make me an Arsenal supporter then that's frankly insulting.

No it doesn't. You could have gotten a ticket for the leeds game quite easily.

but even though its 'so difficult' getting tickets for home games your club can't take 5000 away

You are an Arsenal fan by definition, not a supporter.

It is not difficult to get tickets, Im looking at Arsenals site now and it shows you have tickets left for Huddersfield and Everton in 2 weeks time available. Yeah, really difficult getting tickets isn't it <facepalm> Infact the only home league game sold out is the one coming up on saturday.

Get yourself to a few games (Y)
No it doesn't. You could have gotten a ticket for the leeds game quite easily.

but even though its 'so difficult' getting tickets for home games your club can't take 5000 away

You are an Arsenal fan by definition, not a supporter.

It is not difficult to get tickets, Im looking at Arsenals site now and it shows you have tickets left for Huddersfield and Everton in 2 weeks time available. Yeah, really difficult getting tickets isn't it <facepalm> Infact the only home league game sold out is the one coming up on saturday.

Get yourself to a few games (Y)

You don't get the system do you.

I have to wait for all the tickets to be snapped up by Gold members first, then Silvers, then Reds.

Then the tickets go on general sale if we haven't sold enough, which I think has only happened twice this season, and even then it's a complete lottery as to whether or not you actually get a ticket - we can't all be huddled around computers at 9am.

The Huddersfield game is a terrible example, being as the game was only confirmed last night. :yy:

I've been to 5 or 6 Exeter City games, but I don't support them. I certainly keep an eye out for their results, much the same as all my local teams (I want them to do well), but I don't support them.

Just because you go to a few games doesn't make you a real fan - nor does buying every shirt, every piece of merchandise yada yada.

I'm not doubting your knowledge of Leeds United, but a significant number of people who fit under your definition of 'supporter' know very little about their respective clubs.
You don't get the system do you.

I have to wait for all the tickets to be snapped up by Gold members first, then Silvers, then Reds.

Then the tickets go on general sale if we haven't sold enough, which I think has only happened twice this season, and even then it's a complete lottery as to whether or not you actually get a ticket - we can't all be huddled around computers at 9am.

The Huddersfield game is a terrible example, being as the game was only confirmed last night. :yy:

I've been to 5 or 6 Exeter City games, but I don't support them. I certainly keep an eye out for their results, much the same as all my local teams (I want them to do well), but I don't support them.

Just because you go to a few games doesn't make you a real fan - nor does buying every shirt, every piece of merchandise yada yada.

I'm not doubting your knowledge of Leeds United, but a significant number of people who fit under your definition of 'supporter' know very little about their respective clubs.

Get membership then?
Get membership then?

I can't until next season, when I was intending to get membership anyway.

Even so, there's not really much point getting membership when I'm only able to attend maybe one or two games a year.
Reply 1919
JK.
OP
1-1 with 20mins left in the youth cup game, Martinez just made a pretty good double save from 2 shots both inside our area. Pretty good game, tbh. :yy:

Latest