The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

ULearn and Athens not working?

Is it me or are ULearn and Athens not working? I've been having problems with the Uni website all day yesterday as well :angry:
Reply 1
Original post by InvaderJem
Is it me or are ULearn and Athens not working? I've been having problems with the Uni website all day yesterday as well :angry:

"Some University IT systems will be at risk until 31 Dec, however essential services (inc ULearn) should be available. Problems with ULearn, Athens and the Website have been reported and should be looked at by ITS."

from http://www.facebook.com/surreyunion

Don't see why you would ask about this on TSR though? :confused:
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Reply 2
Original post by The Beaver

Don't see why you would ask about this on TSR though? :confused:

Well, why not? I don't have Facebook anyway, and I have no means of contacting anyone else at Uni at the moment. I was just wondering if it's a problem for me solely or if it was occuring for everybody, that's all.
Reply 3
Original post by InvaderJem
Well, why not? I don't have Facebook anyway, and I have no means of contacting anyone else at Uni at the moment. I was just wondering if it's a problem for me solely or if it was occuring for everybody, that's all.

Ok I guess, it's just TSR in general and getting help with university issues doesn't always strike me as going hand in hand, especially since barely anyone at Surrey uses this website regularly (useful for a good laugh though).

Also I think you can the facebook website to read the union page without an account (correct me if I am wrong). The union page is a useful place generally for info, especially since the union website has been having issues recently with the host (Though hopefully all our problems will go away when the new website arrives later this year).
Reply 4
I asked this on the union fb page when everyone was moaning about the problems, but what on earth is Athens? I've never heard of it, only ULearn (and my department doesn't even use ULearn, I'm lucky I've heard of that even only due to me doing two subjects).
Reply 5
Original post by orionmoo
I asked this on the union fb page when everyone was moaning about the problems, but what on earth is Athens? I've never heard of it, only ULearn (and my department doesn't even use ULearn, I'm lucky I've heard of that even only due to me doing two subjects).

Athens = Allows university students and staff to access journals, databases etc, online. It's used by a lot of institutions, some subjects use it constantly (Such as mine and any others that have to read a lot of academic papers and journals).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending