The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Physician associate at Surrey University

Hi guys, I recently got into the PA course at Surrey- before starting does anyone have any book recommendations I can look at to help me during the course ?

In addition, does anyone have a check list of things I should take/need ? E.g. like a stethoscope I think is required?
Reply 1
Hey, I just got in too! So any info anyone has would be great too
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Reply 2
Let's share any info in here just incase the others haven't heard 🙂 and congratulations 😊
Reply 3
Sounds good and congratulations to you too
Reply 4
Thank you :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by LW&CO
There is a book that was published last year with tips and tricks once you get onto a PA course - Physician Associate Survival Guide (Amazon). This might be helpful for you.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Physician-Associate-Survival-Guide-Surviving-ebook/dp/B0C9XDZ32Z

Stethoscope -
Littmann Cardiology Master IV = expensive option / Littmann stethoscope classic iii = Cheap option

Other resources -
100 top drugs
Oxford handbook of clinical medicine

You are a starrrrrr ✨️ thank you, I got one of the books already, I just didn't know what stethoscope type to get ect....

Are you studying at Surrey?
Original post by nisagarip
Hi guys, I recently got into the PA course at Surrey- before starting does anyone have any book recommendations I can look at to help me during the course ?

In addition, does anyone have a check list of things I should take/need ? E.g. like a stethoscope I think is required?
Hi there!

Congrats on your offer!

Do consider contacting the Admissions Team to ask for recommendations too.

I hope you have a good time here =)

Marko
Accounting and Finance BSc
Reply 7
Original post by University of Surrey Student Rep
Hi there!

Congrats on your offer!

Do consider contacting the Admissions Team to ask for recommendations too.

I hope you have a good time here =)

Marko
Accounting and Finance BSc
Thank you will do 🙂 🤍

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending