The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Foundation year at uni of Surrey?

Hi so i got a offer but my application wasn’t accepted at Surrey but they’ve offered me to do a foundation year with busienss and so I was thinking like what is a foundation year and like is it bad because I’ve heard it’s bad like not a lot of people do foundation year but idk I know you learn like knowledge and prep for the following year but I’m a bit confused and worried about this?
Reply 1
Original post by sdfsrgt654
Hi so i got a offer but my application wasn’t accepted at Surrey but they’ve offered me to do a foundation year with busienss and so I was thinking like what is a foundation year and like is it bad because I’ve heard it’s bad like not a lot of people do foundation year but idk I know you learn like knowledge and prep for the following year but I’m a bit confused and worried about this?

well my application was approved but they made a different offer than what I applied for?
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Hi @sdfsrgt654
Firstly, congratulations on receiving an offer to study Business with a foundation year here at Surrey! Which business course is this for? While I understand it might not have been what you were expecting, going on a foundation year journey can be a rewarding experience, paving the way for a full degree programme.

I would describe it as an extra year dedicated to building your skills and knowledge, ensuring you’re fully prepared for the first year of your degree programme. At Surrey Business School, we inspire young professionals to bring about positive change in businesses and society, locally and globally. At Surrey, you’ll not only receive a top level of education but also have an unlimited number of opportunities to grow professionally and thrive.

Have you had a chance to visit the campus? We have a few offer holder days coming up for Business students. I highly recommend visiting to explore the campus, accommodation and meet some of your cohort/lecturers. We have two offer holder days for Business coming up on 13th March and 23rd March.

Over 95% of our graduates are in work or further education after graduation. We are ranked 12th overall in the UK by the Guardian for Graduate Outcomes. We also offer a placement year to all Surrey Business School undergraduate students, which can be a fantastic way to build your understanding of the industry and boost your CV for future graduate prospects.

I hope that helps! Please feel free to reach out again if you have further questions.

All the best,
Daniel
BSc Accounting and Finance
University of Surrey

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending