The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Doughnuts!!
Phew!! :woo:

Remember hot girl from my interview? When I found out that she got an offer I got a bit excited and showed one of my friends her picture on FB. Now, she had been talking to me on FB beforehand, but after I posted the picture on my friend's wall she mysteriously stopped. I thought that I'd shot myself in the foot before meeting her by coming off as creepy.

Would have been good for your plan, but thankfully she doesn't know! :danceboy:

Ah yes, that could have been somewhat... awkward :biggrin:.

But nope, I have no notifications alerting me of your creepiness. It would have been awful for my plan! You are the access point :colone:.
Original post by Cast.Iron
Ah yes, that could have been somewhat... awkward :biggrin:.

But nope, I have no notifications alerting me of your creepiness. It would have been awful for my plan! You are the access point :colone:.

Ahh yes, you're supposed to get to her through me. Completely forgot that!

Hey, how do you feel about going to Croatia before we start at Cambridge? :biggrin:

Reply 1702
Original post by adam0311
Completely depends on your goals. If you're going for academia, there are some LLMs tailored for that track--Yale being the most notable (but they only take on 20 pple a yr). Harvard takes a pretty sizable LLM class, most just take standard JD classes. A couple will go on the academia tracks. If you want to work in the US though, it would be a good option.

Interestingly, if you break down the LLM programs by starting salary and admissions numbers--Columbia, NYU, Penn and Cornell outrank Harvard.

I still would rather go to one of the big names, and by "in academia" I just meant "still in education" but I haven't ruled out a purely academic route.

I think it would be pretty cool, and then, once I'm older, lecturer extraordinare.
Hmm, so Yale's LLM is pretty much the most competitive thing ever.

Duly noted. :top2:
(edited 13 years ago)

Hey, how do you feel about going to Croatia before we start at Cambridge? :biggrin:

Netherlands wins.
http://www.energythenetwork.com/energy/trailer/

The site doesn't seem to be working for me...
The site doesn't seem to be working for me...

:dry: darn.
edit: that does look pretty good tbf in your vid.
(edited 13 years ago)

That's right, forget.

That looks filthy :biggrin:. The lads and I are going to Malia to gain some er... culture before we go to Uni :colone:.
Reply 1707
Original post by High As A Kite
CC AAA? Dayym. Their offers only range from AAB-ABB - or so i thought :eek:

Original post by SK-mar
cornwall campus gave you an AAA offer? ouch.

Sorry, meant Streatham Campus.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Somi.A
what were ur gcse's ? :smile:

it was 3 As and 7 Bs :frown: have i gotta chance?
Reply 1709
Original post by mc13177

oh right was gonna say! .... congrats anyway :smile:
Original post by mc13177

That's more like it :cool:

congrats on your offers, screw Oxford! :wink:
Reply 1711
Original post by SK-mar
oh right was gonna say! .... congrats anyway :smile:

Original post by High As A Kite
That's more like it :cool:

congrats on your offers, screw Oxford! :wink:

Thanks guys :smile:
Original post by qcdang
You have 4 our of 5 choices which are the same as mine, instead of leeds I applied to kent.
I got rejected by KCL too a few days ago and their message was identical to yours x). I havent heard about UCL or Queen Mary either. But luckily got an offer from LSE a week ago. So see? well King's and LSE apparently have different tastes in applicants XD, I mean they look for different kinds of individuals.
Don't worry and be patient. Good luck! I have to admit though that I think our 4 choices are very risky..

really? then all hope is'nt gone yet! I know! all my teachers told me the choices were pretty risky especially since I'm applying to do Law.

Anyway , I'll keep on hoping ! :smile:
Original post by AmiB
Just been rejected from Durham. I hate my life.

Same here!! :frown: They said they'd be in touch with the reason, but I really hope it wasn't my LNAT! I'm just going on the fact that they kept my application til this point so my LNAT score mustn't have been completely awful, well at least I hope not! Am sorry to hear of your rejection, i know exactly how you feel! Am sure you'll still get other offers though!! :smile:
Reply 1714
Original post by Hannahx04
Same here!! :frown: They said they'd be in touch with the reason, but I really hope it wasn't my LNAT! I'm just going on the fact that they kept my application til this point so my LNAT score mustn't have been completely awful, well at least I hope not! Am sorry to hear of your rejection, i know exactly how you feel! Am sure you'll still get other offers though!! :smile:

I hope it is my LNAT as that means I was still a good candidate but the LNAT just didn't work for me.

I have offer from Liverpool, Sheffield and Aberystwyth. Going to firm Sheffield and insurance Aber I think.

How about you? :smile:
Reply 1715
Original post by AmiB
I hope it is my LNAT as that means I was still a good candidate but the LNAT just didn't work for me.

I have offer from Liverpool, Sheffield and Aberystwyth. Going to firm Sheffield and insurance Aber I think.

How about you? :smile:

I would guess that your thinking is right.
Sheffield is one of the best Non-LNAT universities there is, so I'm sure you'll do well with a degree from there.
Original post by yilyn

Original post by yilyn
Don't be sad or disheartened. You'll get offers from others. :smile: KCL has been rejecting quite a number of applicants to be honest. Most of my friends had received their rejection though their grades are extremely good. I haven't heard from KCL though. Just hang on there and you'll get offers :smile:

LSE is my first choice too :biggrin: and I have 8.0 for IELTS too. :smile:

awww:frown: dont be sad...u will got loads of other offers..and seriously kcl isnt that great
my top choice is lse as well and i got 8.0 at ielts too lol
hope to see you at lse next year?^^
good luck
Original post by moonsailorkitten

Original post by moonsailorkitten
hi! hi.

I am applying fot Law as an undergraduate student. I am applying for Queen Mary, Kings College, UCL, LSE and Leeds(conditional offer)

However, today I was shattered to find that I had been rejected from Kings College!! I litereally started crying! They sent me this mail as well: "thank you for your application to King's College London. Your application has now been carefully considered. Whilst you meet the entrance requirements for the programme, applications are considered in a competitive environment. We have received many applications this year and due to the competition for places have had to disappoint many candidates. Therefore, I regret to inform you that you have been unsuccessful in obtaining a place on the programme.

May we take this opportunity to wish you every success with future applications`

i am soooo sad now.. Is there any chance I´ll be accepted to UCL, Queen Mary or LSE? My dream is to get into LSE!!

Btw, I am a Swedish girl who has been living in the Uk for 2 yrs to do A-levels. I do economics, religious studies and psychology and am predicted AAA* (A* in RS). Also, I achieved 8 in my ILETS test.

Anyone heard from UCL or LSE yet?

xxxxxx

awww dont be sad...u will got loads of other offers..and seriously kcl isnt that great
my top choice is lse as well and i got 8.0 at ielts too lol
hope to see you at lse next year?^^
good luck
Reply 1718
International Students who applied by the 15th of January deadline to Southampton.. has anyone received any offers yet?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1719
Original post by Skyez
Southampton - AAA - 17th Dec
Surrey - ABB- 6th Jan
UCAS sent - 1st Dec

Still waiting on Kent, Warwick and Sunderland as my insurance .:smile:

dude that's greaat!! are you an international student?

Latest

Trending

Trending