The Student Room Group

Economics Edexcel : How to get an A* ?

I was wondering whether you ONLY need 90 % average in your A2 modules and 80%< overall combined with your AS... because many subjects only require you to get 90% only in A2.....

or is it 90% average in AS and A2 ?

someone explain please :smile:
Reply 1
80% overall, over 90% in your A2.
Reply 2
Original post by jak67m
I was wondering whether you ONLY need 90 % average in your A2 modules and 80%< overall combined with your AS... because many subjects only require you to get 90% only in A2.....

or is it 90% average in AS and A2 ?

someone explain please :smile:

80% overall, 90% in A2. So if you get a 180/200 in A2 and 140/200 in AS, you get an overall 80% but a 90% in A2. Those marks will get you the A*.

Although, I must warn you Edexcel Economics is pretty hard to get an A* in!!!
I got an A* in Edexcel Economics and it was a surprise. I got a B (Unit 1), a A (unit 2) - just, a A (unit 3 - retook it), then 100% for Unit 4. So it pulled up my overall score. My advice would be that don't be discourage if you get low grades at AS coz it is really the A2s that have greater weight. REVISE LOTS OF ECONOMICS TERMS. P.S. I did Economics through distance learning.
Reply 4
What sort of additional material did you go over?
Which textbooks would you recommend (we're given Anderton but it's 10x the Harry potter novel in length! This is a major put off)
Edit: also was your unit 3 out of 80ums, so unit 4 out of 120ums?
unit 4 seems impossible and only just started?!?!
(edited 9 years ago)
Gimme ur revision typos brrruh
Reply 6
Original post by the_neg_master_
I got an A* in Edexcel Economics and it was a surprise. I got a B (Unit 1), a A (unit 2) - just, a A (unit 3 - retook it), then 100% for Unit 4. So it pulled up my overall score. My advice would be that don't be discourage if you get low grades at AS coz it is really the A2s that have greater weight. REVISE LOTS OF ECONOMICS TERMS. P.S. I did Economics through distance learning.

What sort of additional material did you go over?
Which textbooks would you recommend (we're given Anderton but it's 10x the Harry potter novel in length! This is a major put off)
Edit: also was your unit 3 out of 80ums, so unit 4 out of 120ums?
unit 4 seems impossible and only just started?!?!
and what is distance learning?
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending