What about you?:smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2083
Original post by symone27
Course: LLB Law
University: Nottingham
Offer: AAA (i think, track is down)

:biggrin:

Aah well done, when did you send your UCAS off if you don't mind me asking?
I've withdrawn from Kings, Bristol and Warwick and accepted LSE - was bored of waiting.

Exciting stuff.
Reply 2085
Original post by Howellsy
Aah well done, when did you send your UCAS off if you don't mind me asking?

erm 18th november i think :smile:
My applications thus far (all offers are conditional and in order of preference):

University of Cambridge - A*AAB
Durham University - AAA
University of Bristol - AAA
University of Exeter - AAA
University of Kent - Acknowledged. I was unable to attend one of their 'special interviews'.
Reply 2087
Course: LLB Law
University: Nottingham
Offer: AAA (i think, track is down)

:biggrin:

Did they send you an email saying the Applicants Portal had changed or was it an offer email?

What time did you receive it if you don't mind me asking.
Reply 2088
Original post by LornaSandison1
Sorry to hear that.

I'm tempted to say it was your GCSEs. LSE really are looking for at least 8A*s for a subject as competitive as law. Did you get feedback?

Unfortunately, although work experience helps, doing it abroad or with renowned barristers wont make a huge amount of difference - not everyone has that opportunity, so they can't consider it.

I got an offer with 7A*'s, so I wouldn't say they need 8?
Original post by megan100

It would have been the personal statement which let the person with 8A*s down then. I remember attending a lecture where an LSE admissions tutor said that she would reject candidates with outstanding grades outright if she felt their personal statement wasn't good enough (i.e. inarticulate or riddled with mistakes). Either way, good grades don't guarantee anything.

Congrats on your offer though! What course is it for?
Original post by megan100

I didn't say that need it, just that that's the average guidline. Basically, you're very unlikely to get in with 2A*s, that was my point.

Congrats.
Reply 2091
Original post by nameeti
Did they send you an email saying the Applicants Portal had changed or was it an offer email?

What time did you receive it if you don't mind me asking.

i got an email from ucas saying my track had been updated at like half 7 this morning, but then ucas was down. so i logged onto the nottingham application website thing and it said they were making me an offer :smile:
i got an email from ucas saying my track had been updated at like half 7 this morning, but then ucas was down. so i logged onto the nottingham application website thing and it said they were making me an offer :smile:

My Nottingham portal keeps telling me there's a 'channel error' is yours working OK?
Reply 2093
Original post by danielsmith
My Nottingham portal keeps telling me there's a 'channel error' is yours working OK?

not atm, but that was happening to me like a week or so ago. dw it'll sort itself out :tongue:
Original post by Cast.Iron
My applications thus far (all offers are conditional and in order of preference):

University of Cambridge - A*AAB
Durham University - AAA
University of Bristol - AAA
University of Exeter - AAA
University of Kent - Acknowledged. I was unable to attend one of their 'special interviews'.

That line up is really impressive, congratulations. :smile:
I know we get our LNAT results on Monday but does anybody have any idea of the time we'll get them? and will it just be clearly stated in the email?
Original post by Bellrosk
I've withdrawn from Kings, Bristol and Warwick and accepted LSE - was bored of waiting.

Exciting stuff.

WOW that's really brave but is that really the smartest thing to do? I mean what if you don't make the offers grade? an A* and 2 As aren't exactly a guarantee. and you never know you could be getting an offer from all 3 if you just have a little patience.
Original post by bobfreymoo1811
I've only just seen this! haha.

Ahhhh that's comforting, thanks very much. Fingers crossed! Lol. Do you go to Bristol now??

Heya!

Naaa I'm not at Bristol... on a gap year at the moment but I have an unconditional offer from Cambridge so I now know I'm going there in Oct! :smile: Very nervous but excited too!

I wanted to take a gap year but applied last year for straight entry anyway because I was advised that a gap year might not be the best idea... but yeah once I knew I defo wanted one I withdrew my application. Bristol did offer me though and they take ages! So I'm sure you'll get an offer. What other offers you got?

X
University of Sussex
conditions: AAB
received: 29th January
sent: 6th December
reaction: yeyyyyyyyyyyy got all my 5 offers nw :smile: n sussex is going to be my firm :smile: wht do u thnk guys ? x
I have an offer from Bristol to do their MA in Law, basically a senior status law degree.

Anybody else doing the same, or have experience of said course?

Latest

Trending

Trending