The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

How long are Warwick taking to reply after Primary PGCE interviews?

Hi
New to posting here but have been browsing for a couple of weeks.
I had my interview for Warwick PGCE last week - we were told to contact them if we haven't heard in 4 weeks - but, has anyone heard back from their Warwick interview?
How long are they actually taking to reply? Is it quicker if they reject you?
Thanks.
Reply 1
8 days then!
Heard today and have a provisional offer for Warwick Primary PGCE - depending on government funding which they expect to be clarified by February 2011.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Hi Silverlinings,

I'm really new to this site too. I have a selection day at Warwick on Tuesday. I'm absolutely petrified!! I've been out of education for over ten years, working in Admin. I've realised this is really what I want to do though.

How was the selection/interview? Any advice you could give me to take the edge off my terror would be greatly appreciated! Congrats on your provisional offer by the way - looks like this is the most difficult time ever to get into teaching! Timing never was my strong suit!
Reply 3
Hi Jod,
Everyone was really friendly on the day and tried to put us all at ease.
Corriefan on this thread gives some details on the English test:-
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1480610
I found the essay quite tough but put a quick plan together and stuck to it and you'll need to remember to keep an eye on time. The maths test was of equivalent standard to the examples on the Uni website so no surprises there.
More got through to the afternoon session on my interview day than Corriefan said for their day so I don't think there are a definite number they had to get down to!
The afternoon started with us being divided into small groups for an observation of a group discussion, with the same tutor then interviewing the members of the group. The interview questions were tailored to my application and then one, as far as I can remember; talk on a current issue in education.
The interview was quite relaxed with the interviewer taking the lead with a handshake before and after the interview.
I hope Tuesday goes well for you.
Reply 4
Thank you!

I'll let you know how I get on :smile:
Reply 5
Hi,

Sorry if this is a silly question, but are you allowed to bring in a calculator to the maths test for the primary PGCE interview at Warwick?

Thanks.
Reply 6
I never even thought of a calculator!!
Didn't see anyone with one and there was no mention of being allowed a calculator which is the norm if one can be used.
Reply 7
Original post by silverlinings
Hi Jod,
Everyone was really friendly on the day and tried to put us all at ease.
Corriefan on this thread gives some details on the English test:-
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1480610
I found the essay quite tough but put a quick plan together and stuck to it and you'll need to remember to keep an eye on time. The maths test was of equivalent standard to the examples on the Uni website so no surprises there.
More got through to the afternoon session on my interview day than Corriefan said for their day so I don't think there are a definite number they had to get down to!
The afternoon started with us being divided into small groups for an observation of a group discussion, with the same tutor then interviewing the members of the group. The interview questions were tailored to my application and then one, as far as I can remember; talk on a current issue in education.
The interview was quite relaxed with the interviewer taking the lead with a handshake before and after the interview.
I hope Tuesday goes well for you.

Hi there, I was wondering if you were allowed to work out your maths answers on paper for the Warwick test or whether it was more mental arithmetic... ? Were you allowed to jot down ideas onto a separate bit of paper for the essay question? Hopefully hear from you soon :smile:

Thank you! :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by stief
Hi there, I was wondering if you were allowed to work out your maths answers on paper for the Warwick test or whether it was more mental arithmetic... ? Were you allowed to jot down ideas onto a separate bit of paper for the essay question? Hopefully hear from you soon :smile:

Thank you! :smile:

Hi
For the maths you are able to work out your answers on paper and I merrily highlighted the document we had to read and planned on paper before getting the essay down on paper in "best".
Hope that helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest