The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Offers for English?

They've e-mailed me a bunch of times saying they won't give out offers until after the 15th Jan. I was just wondering if everyone else received this e-mail as well? Or if anyone has an rejections?

It's my top choice and I'm really nervous!
Reply 1
They emailed today to reject me from the Streatham campus and offer me a place at the Cornwall campus instead. One of the main reasons I applied to Exeter was because the Streatham campus is so nice, so I'm a little torn now : /
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Original post by Jelliot
They emailed today to reject me from the Streatham campus and offer me a place at the Cornwall campus instead. One of the main reasons I applied to Exeter was because the Streatham campus is so nice, so I'm a little torn now : /

The EXACT same thing has happened to me. I'm really torn too. I really wanted to actually be in Exeter, but the Cornwall campus is next to Falmouth which is apparently really small and sort of dull. I don't think I'll accept it as my course is much, much better at Streatham.
Reply 3
Original post by ellie-wellie
The EXACT same thing has happened to me. I'm really torn too. I really wanted to actually be in Exeter, but the Cornwall campus is next to Falmouth which is apparently really small and sort of dull. I don't think I'll accept it as my course is much, much better at Streatham.

Aye, it's very much in the middle of nowhere. I'll probably pick it as my backup - at the moment it's either Exeter-Cornwall or Swansea, and seeing as Exeter is ranked number 8 for English to Swansea's 86th...
Reply 4
I got my unconditional offer for English at Streatham today :biggrin:
Original post by Caulfield
I got my unconditional offer for English at Streatham today :biggrin:

Me too! Still in a bit of shock, thought Exeter were out of my league! Are you thinking of accepting?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by IntoTheAirwaves
Me too! Still in a bit of shock, thought Exeter were out of my league! Are you thinking of accepting?

I think I will be accepting, yes! :smile:
What about you?
Original post by Caulfield
I think I will be accepting, yes! :smile:
What about you?

I haven't heard from any of my other choices yet, so when I do I'll start looking around campuses and such. Probably will accept Exeter though, it's my favourite out of my 5 :smile:
I've firmed History and English at Cornwall, if that counts? :smile: AAB offer.
Reply 9
Got a conditional to streatham campus to do English!!!! :biggrin: but my biggest shock is that they've offered me AAB XD ROTF right now !!! Anyone booked a place for their post offer days ??
Reply 10
I have an unconditional for Streatham :biggrin: Not sure whether I'll firm it though, as I'm still waiting on three other unis to get back to me :emo:

I'm going to the open day in a few weeks (I love that they call them POODS ... :teehee:)
Original post by Vekeh
I have an unconditional for Streatham :biggrin: Not sure whether I'll firm it though, as I'm still waiting on three other unis to get back to me :emo:

I'm going to the open day in a few weeks (I love that they call them POODS ... :teehee:)

ahh me too :smile: I'm still waiting on 4! absolute torture! Is exeter looking likely? Also, which open day are you going to?
Reply 12
ahh me too :smile: I'm still waiting on 4! absolute torture! Is exeter looking likely? Also, which open day are you going to?

I'm not really sure where Ex stand. I've already visited and I did like the feel of the place (aside from all the ugly building work going on, but that's meant to be finished before Sept '11 so at least it'll be gone if I end up going), but since then Leeds have given me an offer and their course just looks fantastic AND there's the added bonus of being able to do an extra year in a different country (which I don't think Ex offer?). I'm visiting Leeds on Friday though, so hopefully I'll have more of an idea when I get back - if I don't like it then yeah, Ex will probably be my firm, mostly 'cause (by the look of things) Warwick have already given out their interview invites and I didn't get one, so I don't think they want me; Durham were a longshot who will never want me (else the world has gone insane) and I don't know enough about York (mostly 'cause I don't think they'll want me :tongue:) Though if one of those three goes and throws a spanner in the works/I like Leeds then I have NO IDEA! :tongue:

Annnnd, February 16th! What about you, where've you applied/thinking of firming?
Original post by Vekeh
I'm not really sure where Ex stand. I've already visited and I did like the feel of the place (aside from all the ugly building work going on, but that's meant to be finished before Sept '11 so at least it'll be gone if I end up going), but since then Leeds have given me an offer and their course just looks fantastic AND there's the added bonus of being able to do an extra year in a different country (which I don't think Ex offer?). I'm visiting Leeds on Friday though, so hopefully I'll have more of an idea when I get back - if I don't like it then yeah, Ex will probably be my firm, mostly 'cause (by the look of things) Warwick have already given out their interview invites and I didn't get one, so I don't think they want me; Durham were a longshot who will never want me (else the world has gone insane) and I don't know enough about York (mostly 'cause I don't think they'll want me :tongue:) Though if one of those three goes and throws a spanner in the works/I like Leeds then I have NO IDEA! :tongue:

Annnnd, February 16th! What about you, where've you applied/thinking of firming?

Ah, I haven't visited anywhere yet, I wanted to see if I got any offers first and then have a look around! I didn't want to get my hopes up about a particular place and then get a rejection :L I think Exeter offer it, but only if you've specifically applied for the course with a year in North America, which I didn't do.
I haven't heard from Warwick either, but that's okay, because I wasn't really expecting to, Warwick was always going to be a bit of a long shot for me!
I've applied to Warwick, Exeter, Leeds, Chester and Birmingham and so far have only heard from Exeter. Though I'm seriously considering firming Exeter regardless as its probably the best option, I'll just see if I love it in March when I visit! :smile:
Ah, I haven't visited anywhere yet, I wanted to see if I got any offers first and then have a look around! I didn't want to get my hopes up about a particular place and then get a rejection :L I think Exeter offer it, but only if you've specifically applied for the course with a year in North America, which I didn't do.
I haven't heard from Warwick either, but that's okay, because I wasn't really expecting to, Warwick was always going to be a bit of a long shot for me!
I've applied to Warwick, Exeter, Leeds, Chester and Birmingham and so far have only heard from Exeter. Though I'm seriously considering firming Exeter regardless as its probably the best option, I'll just see if I love it in March when I visit! :smile:

Sounds like a reasonable idea to me, waiting to get offers before visits..I'm doing the same :biggrin: Although, what I will say, is you need to be more confident in yourself girl! In that comment you so put yourself down counting Warwick as a long shot, nothing is a long-shot and I am sure you are more than capable of getting in. Esp. if you have an Exeter offer, they don't accept just anyone! Good luck with all your other offers. :biggrin:
Reply 15
Original post by ellie-wellie

My friend goes to the Cornwall campus, and I've got an offer from there too. Bit gutting - especially when my friend with AAB got into Streatham! Anyway, I'm not bitter *cough*

It is a bit cramped, and you wouldn't have the uni life you would in say, Cardiff or Bristol, but I guess that's obvious. They seem to make their own fun, albeit mostly with cannabis. But that's possibly just what my friend would do whatever uni she went to :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending