The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2660
Original post by marcusmerehay
But he's played, what, 9 times all season? And he's 24 now. :colonhash:

They could have called up Toulalan or Sissoko surely?

Perhaps those players were part of the rebellion? :dontknow:
Original post by Abiraleft
Perhaps those players were part of the rebellion? :dontknow:

Wasn't Diaby also part of the rebellion? :dontknow:
Original post by marcusmerehay
But he's played, what, 9 times all season? And he's 24 now. :colonhash:

They could have called up Toulalan or Sissoko surely?

He's been praised for his performances in his last couple of games iirc, playing in the hole almost, behind Benzema.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2663
Original post by CupidStunt
Wasn't Diaby also part of the rebellion? :dontknow:

I'm not sure - none of the stories about the strike seem to specify the actual players involved, except the main five, amongst whom Toulalan was one; that perhaps answers why he isn't in the squad. Not sure about Sissoko.

Also, I just read this after a friend poster it to me: http://gunnerblog.com/?p=2714

Really loved it. :biggrin:
Reply 2664
Fabianski out for the rest of the season. Damn. (I'm Polish myself)
Thankfully Szczesny's doing well. I hope he becomes number 1 - I don't really like Almunia...
Reply 2665
I'm not sure - none of the stories about the strike seem to specify the actual players involved, except the main five, amongst whom Toulalan was one; that perhaps answers why he isn't in the squad. Not sure about Sissoko.

Also, I just read this after a friend poster it to me: http://gunnerblog.com/?p=2714

That's awesome, I liked the 2nd Wenger reference especially

Cesc we can :rofl:
Original post by Mastermind`
- Throwing a pizza at SAF in the OT tunnel
- Spitting at Ballack (dislike him but still)
- Telling Rio Ferdinand to **** off after Arsenal equalised a few years ago at The Emirates
- Telling a Huddersfield players to **** off when they asked for his shirt

I don't know how some Arsenal fans/Wenger can claim it's all part of a witch hunt.

This week has been, he's been berated these last two days for making an off the cuff comment that won't even have been the worst comment of the evening after he's seen his side cheated out of a goal by an atrocious decision. Even if Rooney or Terry had said that in the circumstances i'd be on their side. Shameful of Moyes to mention it.

Meanwhile bugger all has been made of the diabolical decision itself.

FWIW he never spat at Ballack

Cesc is no saint, he's a passionate player who's desperate to win but he's not the **** he's being made out to be. I mean talksport were questioning whether he was fit to lead and represent Arsenal yesterday, lol
We might actually win something this year :smile:
Original post by Economist
This week has been, he's been berated these last two days for making an off the cuff comment that won't even have been the worst comment of the evening after he's seen his side cheated out of a goal by an atrocious decision. Even if Rooney or Terry had said that in the circumstances i'd be on their side. Shameful of Moyes to mention it.

Meanwhile bugger all has been made of the diabolical decision itself.

FWIW he never spat at Ballack

Cesc is no saint, he's a passionate player who's desperate to win but he's not the **** he's being made out to be. I mean talksport were questioning whether he was fit to lead and represent Arsenal yesterday, lol

Talksport need a slap. Wonder if they ever questioned if John Terry was fit to represent Chelsea ?
Reply 2670
Original post by Radekal
Fabianski out for the rest of the season. Damn. (I'm Polish myself)
Thankfully Szczesny's doing well. I hope he becomes number 1 - I don't really like Almunia...

I think Szczesny's already ahead of Almunia in the pecking order - Wenger said as much on arsenal.com. :smile:
We all know that Fabregas is a petulant little ****. What's all this fuss about?! Tell us something new ffs.

The media have got nothing better to do than keep reminding us how much of a tosser he is. They need to move on and find new stories....

like how much Arsenal will be taking it up the bum-hole in both CL legs against Barca?
Original post by white_haired_wizard
What's all this fuss about?!

I don't know. He has clearly struck a nerve and is an excellent WUM. Maybe you should ask him for some tips because you seem to be struggling for ideas.
Original post by Overmars
I don't know. He has clearly struck a nerve and is an excellent WUM. Maybe you should ask him for some tips because you seem to be struggling for ideas.

seems like I've struck your nerve tbh.
Original post by white_haired_wizard
seems like I've struck your nerve tbh.

Pervert.
Tbh it's pretty much impossible to win trophies in football if you're a team of saints. Hence why we are picking up more cards and acting more scrotey this season - we're absolutely 100% serious and determined about winning. Man U are full of scrotes, Chelsea are full of scrotes, Barca are full of diving scrotes. As people have pointed out in this thread previously, many times, the moral high ground will get you nowhere in the game.

I still find the subtly anti-Cesc and anti-Wenger media stories irritating, but on the flip side of that coin, the team does get a lot of praise for their playstyle.
Reply 2676
Arsenal are not winning anything this season apart from the Carling Cup.
Reply 2677
Original post by milkytea
Tbh it's pretty much impossible to win trophies in football if you're a team of saints. Hence why we are picking up more cards and acting more scrotey this season - we're absolutely 100% serious and determined about winning. Man U are full of scrotes, Chelsea are full of scrotes, Barca are full of diving scrotes. As people have pointed out in this thread previously, many times, the moral high ground will get you nowhere in the game.

I still find the subtly anti-Cesc and anti-Wenger media stories irritating, but on the flip side of that coin, the team does get a lot of praise for their playstyle.

Why and how?
Original post by MoMatrix
Arsenal are not winning anything this season apart from the Carling Cup.

At the start of the season you probably would have said we wouldn't be winning anything.
Reply 2679
Original post by T.Adams VI
At the start of the season you probably would have said we wouldn't be winning anything.

Carling Cup is a joke.

Latest