The Student Room Group

Has anyone had a frenuloplasty?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
WHY local anaesthetic?! So mean how they couldn't just give a general xD
JoeTSR
WHY local anaesthetic?! So mean how they couldn't just give a general xD

The senior nurse taking my consent seemed surprised I was going for local, saying 'You're ok to have this done under local??' But having read up on the internet, it seems local is widely used.

General was an option but it would have meant a longer stay in hospital plus all the side effect such as drowsiness, sickeness etc. Additionally, you would need to have a friend/family with you for the operation - something which I did not want.
Reply 22
HI. I Had a frenuloplasty on Monday and one of the stitches has fallen out.?
The top stitch on the head of the penis has fallen out after only 3 days, is this normal. It looks like it has healed nicely where the stitch was but im still not sure because it has only been 3 days. thanks
Reply 23
Hi there, i'm 16 (17 next month) and in a a relationship. I'm aware that i need this operation, and my relationship has recently become sexually active (only oral). I'm quite nervous because she isn't aware of the fact that i need a longer frenulum (we're both virgins). Anyways, i'm getting nervous and frustrated as i want to have sex with her, but obviously i can't.

I need some advice and answers please;
How much would it be roughly to get it done privately?
Should I tell her about?
Should I tell my mum about it? (Bear in mind she probably won't be happy about the fact i'm now intending to be sexually active).
Should i go for it?
Any advice would be great, because this is one of the things throughout my life that has brought my confidence down and perhaps affected the way I am because i knew i'd have to face this problem eventually.

Thanks a lot! :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by CBlunt
Hi there, i'm 16 (17 next month) and in a a relationship. I'm aware that i need this operation, and my relationship has recently become sexually active (only oral). I'm quite nervous because she isn't aware of the fact that i need a longer frenulum (we're both virgins). Anyways, i'm getting nervous and frustrated as i want to have sex with her, but obviously i can't.

I need some advice and answers please;
How much would it be roughly to get it done privately?
Should I tell her about?
Should I tell my mum about it? (Bear in mind she probably won't be happy about the fact i'm now intending to be sexually active).
Should i go for it?
Any advice would be great, because this is one of the things throughout my life that has brought my confidence down and perhaps affected the way I am because i knew i'd have to face this problem eventually.

Thanks a lot! :smile:

1. I had my frenuloplasty done on the NHS - the surgeon was excellent and i was impressed with the aftercare. If you want it done privately, you're best contacting your healthcare provider - Bupa etc.

2. If you're going to have a (small) operation, you probably should tell her. She might be somewhat unpleasantly surprised to find your penis has some stitches in it and wrongly suspect you of being a violent masturbator (they dissolve in about a week or two).

3. If you're getting your op privately, i suspect it might be your mum who'd bankroll it - she's going to find out. You're 16 - you're old enough to start have sex whenever you feel ready and it's not up to her to decide. You're frenuloplasty, should you need it, is ultimately about your self-esteem and, as your mother, i think she'll understand and be supportive.

4. Consult your GP, don't be shy and if you need a frenuloplasty, go for it. It did a hell of a lot for my confidence. I just wish i'd done it sooner.

Hope this helps mate.
Reply 25
Original post by Golzernurf
What the hell is a frenulum? And showing it is no probs seriously. What is weird is when you go in for stomach pains, he feels your stomach goes lower and lower and then randomly cups you. I dunno if thats usual or what haha

Sounds like your Doctor felt you up.
Hi mate, I have one this Tuesday the 15th of March 2011. I am quite anxious...is it p[ossible I talk to you to hear your experience...thanks mate...
Good luck man. :s
I just had one yesterday.
I am surprised, no pain...(thankfully yet)

One question for those who have done this..
This morning the skin dint roll back during erection.

Does the roll-back automatically effect take place slowly or am I being impatient?

Replies appreciated
Original post by trixx
A dude called Shirley? Surely not!

Airplane?
Apologies for the mega bump but is there anyone online at the moment who's had one of these? Had mine done today and the local anesthetic hasn't worn off yet, but I'm worried about it hurting when it does. When should I take painkillers? Before I feel anything? When I start to feel pain?

Finally, what are your experiences with regards to recovering after this surgery.

Thanks.
Reply 31
Original post by xo-Heva
You probably don't need it. Infact I'm pretty sure you won't. Imagine the pain afterwards... and some girls prefer smaller penises.
But you'll have to get over your fear of the doctor if you do want to go through with it.

Original post by shirley7
What's penis size got to do with it?

hahahahaha
So how big did they make it?:s-smilie:
Reply 33
I just stretched my foreskin when I was about 14 with a pair of tweezers - best decision of my life .. Can now pull it back like any normal person.. woop!:biggrin:
Reply 34
Original post by tomek493
I just stretched my foreskin when I was about 14 with a pair of tweezers - best decision of my life .. Can now pull it back like any normal person.. woop!:biggrin:

Tweezers?! Sounds like it hurt.

Apologies for the mega bump but is there anyone online at the moment who's had one of these? Had mine done today and the local anesthetic hasn't worn off yet, but I'm worried about it hurting when it does. When should I take painkillers? Before I feel anything? When I start to feel pain?

Finally, what are your experiences with regards to recovering after this surgery.

Thanks.

Anyone?
I've literally found out by researching on the web that i need this done. I've known for a while, just kinda been in denial/put it off.
I'm just 100% stumped on what to do next...
Any advice?

Thanks.
Reply 36
Go and see your doctor, or book an appointment at the hospital with a Urologist - just to make sure. Get the ball rolling.
Reply 37
After reading your comment sorry to scare anyone but I think mines gone wrong its been 15 days since my opp and I still cannot withdraw my foreskin I don't no if this is swelling still and extremely painful and on the head of the penis there is just like a lump of flesh left any advice?
Reply 38
Original post by shirley7
I'm pretty sure this is what I need, the frenulum on my penis is just too short. But what I'm concerned about is how I go about getting one, could really do with the advice of anyone who's had this operation. I can't bear the thought of showing my doctor my crown jewels :frown:
...'too short' ...? Is it painful? Is it affecting your sex life? Or do you just not like the look of it?
Reply 39
What was the waiting time on the NHS?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending