Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by phoeberg
German and may do Russian as a subsid.

Original post by jh09
My offer is AAB for French and Spanish, so I'm sure you'll hear this week!!! Best of luck, hope to see you in October :smile:

ah well done both of you, that's great news :smile:

I really hope so, the waiting game is not fun! haha, they don't half like to keep you in suspense :P
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 3881
Original post by eve_m

Hi, what's your subject? I'm nervous too, but exicted :smile: Not sure what I'll do for the night bit, apparently you can choose whether to stay in college or go out (clubbing I think)... I'll be 18 but not sure I want to go out (and possibly be hungover for the open day the next day). Plus clubbing's not exactly my thing... :redface: Just nervous about meeting people and stuff?

English :smile: Yeah i heard that too, probably won't have much choice as i'll still be 17 :/ And yeahh and because its meeting the tutors and everything, they might just be like 'whoops looks like we made a mistake with that one!' haha, im excited really though
Reply 3882
Original post by bubbaa
English :smile: Yeah i heard that too, probably won't have much choice as i'll still be 17 :/ And yeahh and because its meeting the tutors and everything, they might just be like 'whoops looks like we made a mistake with that one!' haha, im excited really though

Haha I'm sure the tutors will be lovely.. Least I hope so :smile: Where are coming from? I have a loooong journey from London :frown:
Reply 3883
Original post by eve_m
Haha I'm sure the tutors will be lovely.. Least I hope so :smile: Where are coming from? I have a loooong journey from London :frown:

The midlands so a pretty long journey for me too!
Reply 3884
are there many nat sci applicants still waiting? i'm actually dying here!!! D:
Got one for PPE

Toying between Durham and Edinburgh at the moment...
Reply 3886
Original post by jh09
My offer is AAB for French and Spanish, so I'm sure you'll hear this week!!! Best of luck, hope to see you in October :smile:

Same for me :smile: Haven't got my letter from my college yet though..
Got into Hatfield!

First thing I do when I get there is to commission a new Youtube video. If you've seen it you know what I'm talking about.
Reply 3888
For those who seem to be nervous about the open days there is no need. I don't attend durham but I am a regular visitor of friends and it doesn't matter where you go or what you do people welcome you. No joke you can pretty much just walk into a college and people won't challenge or hastle you...as i found out when i first wandered into grey to meet my friend.
Just go on down, or up, get a few drinks in and chat to people, most importantly have fun.
Reply 3889
From what I can see a few more History V100 offers are slipping through the net, is there anyone else still hanging on like me?

Also I'm open application and I cant seem to find any other people commenting about getting offers, have i put myself at a disadvantage doing an open application :s-smilie:

someone help!
Reply 3890
Original post by Damamat
From what I can see a few more History V100 offers are slipping through the net, is there anyone else still hanging on like me?

Also I'm open application and I cant seem to find any other people commenting about getting offers, have i put myself at a disadvantage doing an open application :s-smilie:

someone help!

Im still waiting for news as well, my application wasn't open but none the less. There are so many applicants for history this year that they will take a little longer getting through them so I think a lot of people are still waiting to hear. I hope its good news for you.
Reply 3891
After durham have made you an offer via ucas do they send you a letter in the post too?
I recieved my offer on the 4th of feb and havent heard anything else since :frown:.
Reply 3892
Original post by syeite
After durham have made you an offer via ucas do they send you a letter in the post too?
I recieved my offer on the 4th of feb and havent heard anything else since :frown:.

Ye you should get a letter/info pack from your allocated college which will incorporate info on open days and on your subject. Sometimes the post can be a little slow. My friend got his letter 3-4 weeks after his offer last year. Just sit tight, you have your offer so there's nothing to worry about.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3893
Original post by Damamat

someone help!

yeah I'm in the same boat - open application sent off in october, still no news!
Original post by Damamat

someone help!

Original post by katieb93
yeah I'm in the same boat - open application sent off in october, still no news!

I'm open application too guys. I wonder if with open apps they leave it to see if any college is in less demand, and then assign us to that one. If anyone applied open app and has been rejected that would pretty much ruin this theory, so i'm not sure. Maybe our grades are just borderline, maybe they havent got to our apps yet.....maybe they decide the successful applicants through a game of ipp dip doo. Time will tell. :smile:
Reply 3895
Really excited for the open day! Anyone else going to St.Cuths 22/23rd March?
I've heard rumors about replacement buses instead of trains? I'm coming from Manchester, can anyone confirm this? I hate buses with a passion even though I get 4 a day, it'd totally ruin the whole outing to Durham!
Durham offer :smile:
Reply 3897
Just got an offer for law!!!!!!!!!!!
They're still deciding on the college but who cares about the college preference
i seriously was in a need for a reason to partaeee!!
Tonights gonna be a good night :wink:
Original post by ilamba1
Just got an offer for law!!!!!!!!!!!
They're still deciding on the college but who cares about the college preference
i seriously was in a need for a reason to partaeee!!
Tonights gonna be a good night :wink:

Congrats!
Original post by pianofluteftw
Well I may end up just playing grade 7 stuff to be on the safe side! :wink:

Did you do any well known pieces for grade 7?

Latest