The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3920
I'm wondering if Durham would give out offers before Open Day though. Still waiting on them
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 3921
Original post by AlexIsMyHero
I'm not sure yet! I'm still waiting on Bristol and I havent actually visited it yet! But it could well be my first choice :biggrin: when did you apply and Is it your first choice? I have an offer from Trevelyan college! :biggrin: it's all very exciting!! I hope you don't have to wait too long to find out!

I applied back in november so i've been nervously waiting for a while! Oh cools! :smile: Was Trevelyan your first college choice?

Yeh Durham is my first choice although if I get an offer I want to see what they require - otherwise i might choose KCL as my firm. What course you did u apply for in Bristol? All mine are biomed except Durham :P
Original post by emilyanne2010
I am coming to visit on 21/22nd for general engineering at trevelyan anybody else??

I'm visiting Trevelyan on the 21/22nd for economics :smile: can't wait!
Original post by emilyanne2010
I am coming to visit on 21/22nd for general engineering at trevelyan anybody else??

I'm going for Engineering on 21/22nd. I'm staying at St Marys.
Reply 3924
Original post by Mfreeman.
I'm open application too guys. I wonder if with open apps they leave it to see if any college is in less demand, and then assign us to that one. If anyone applied open app and has been rejected that would pretty much ruin this theory, so i'm not sure. Maybe our grades are just borderline, maybe they havent got to our apps yet.....maybe they decide the successful applicants through a game of ipp dip doo. Time will tell. :smile:

Well we'll keep each other posted! surely considering we've got this far i'd be very annoyed if they waited to turn us down now!
Original post by Damamat

Original post by Damamat
Well we'll keep each other posted! surely considering we've got this far i'd be very annoyed if they waited to turn us down now!

I'm pretty sure an open application makes no difference to your chances of getting a place or when you get it. It's your department who decide whether you should get a place or not. The admissions tutor for my course said at the open day that once they'd decided who to make offers to, they'd be "very unhappy" if you weren't able to take up the offer because there were no college places.

If you apply to a specific college, the department recommends a second choice if you don't get a place. On an open application, I believe the department suggests first and second. You application is then treated the same as everyone else's.
Reply 3926
oh haha, sounds interesting, i go to a girls school atm so it'll be a change!
and really? are you sure you've been to the right place...? haha i joke, i'm gonna miss it when i go off to uni :P
Reply 3927
looking forward to see all you future cuthsmen / cuthswomen on the open day this year! drop me a message if you're curious / have any niggling questions :smile: x
Reply 3928
ah, see i dont have a car to miss!
uh no actually, st cuth's, but mostly because i wanted self catered (im waaay too picky to be cooked for lol) although im curious, why did you think castle or hatfield?
which college did you apply to? and do you have an offer yet?
Original post by alexem
ah, see i dont have a car to miss!
uh no actually, st cuth's, but mostly because i wanted self catered (im waaay too picky to be cooked for lol) although im curious, why did you think castle or hatfield?
which college did you apply to? and do you have an offer yet?

Ha! I'm curious too!

Gravesend as in Kent right?

I have an uncle who lives near Rochester . . .
In fact it's Hild-Bede that get the biggest proportion of their applications from independent schools.
Reply 3931
St Cuth's appeared in my AES links, so I guess my offer will be from there and I'll hear from them soon.
Anyone else here?

edit: I don't quite get what they write about their accomodation: Can you live in their accomodation for the whle duration of your course?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3932
Original post by tiny hobbit
In fact it's Hild-Bede that get the biggest proportion of their applications from independent schools.

... uh oh!
Original post by steffanie
I'm trying to locate some Butler people but they're proving hard to find haha.

:hello:

Any Butler people going to the open day? What date will you be going on? :smile:
Reply 3934
got Van Mildert :smile:
Offer for Law - AAA!

I still don't know what college I've been allocated to yet! Is this normal? I don't have a link to a particular college on the links page either.
Original post by schwurlie
Offer for Law - AAA!

I still don't know what college I've been allocated to yet! Is this normal? I don't have a link to a particular college on the links page either.

Nice! Will you be firming it?

It takes about 2-3 weeks to find out which college. So yes, its perfectly normal. Which college did you put down?
Found out my college, Van Mildert, I originally applied to Hatfield, so does anyone know anything about Van Mildert? x
You see if you get an offer without being allocated a college first, does AES still tell you that you have an offer?
Original post by adam0311
Nice! Will you be firming it?

It takes about 2-3 weeks to find out which college. So yes, its perfectly normal. Which college did you put down?

Not sure! If I get an offer from KCL (fingers crossed) I may not. I live in Brighton atm so moving to London would be much easier! What about you?
I put down an open application because I only really decided on Durham last minute haha, I'm just really curious and want to know now :biggrin:

Latest