The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3720
Original post by n1r4v

Original post by n1r4v
I'm now convinced Arsenal will start very strongly, quieten down, then in the second half Barca will gradually exert more and more control and eventually score one.

I reckon it'll be more similar to last year. Them out the traps and tiring, then us taking control :beard:
Reply 3721
You're probably right, your fitness is probably better as well. I've tried to stop thinking about it and actually do some work, but it's hard to stay away from reading match previews etc.
I have a feeling Fabregas is going to be a complete liability in this game.

Anyway, **** it.

3-1, Walcott FGS
Original post by Overmars

Anyway, **** it.

3-1, Walcott FGS

No way, Cesc scored a penalty with a broken leg last year. That's commitment.
Reply 3724

Anyway, **** it.

3-1, Walcott FGS

I hope your run continues :colonhash:
Original post by Hantheman
No way, Cesc scored a penalty with a broken leg last year. That's commitment.

I'm not suggesting he won't try -- he obviously will-- but he hasn't been anywhere near his best (with the football) for the most of this season. More sloppy passes this season than ever before.

He was doing everything he could in last year's fixture (and will do this year) but he wasn't particularly great with his passing and creativity.

He has had some absolute shockers this season (e.g. Ipswich), there's no two ways about it.
Original post by R-KAM
I hope your run continues :colonhash:

My 'cup' run ended ages ago -- as I predicted a comfortable win against Leeds in the FA Cup. My league run will remain intact which is going since November, I think. :cool:
Reply 3727

My 'cup' run ended ages ago -- as I predicted a comfortable win against Leeds in the FA Cup. My league run will remain intact which is going since November, I think. :cool:

Well I hope the Jinx-Gods think you meant 3-1 to Barca with Walcott FGS :shh:
:toofunny:

Sure, lets go with that.
Original post by Mess.
Lots of Evertonians are also scousers :fyi: A scouser is someone from the city of Liverpool not someone who supports Liverpool.

Tbh our rivalry is more doing this :facepalm2: whenever an Evertonian talks about football due to their extreme bitterness and small club (in comparison) syndrome.
Evertonians are obsessed with Liverpool though. The majority of Liverpool fans I know find them amusing, the same way you find a toddler swearing amusing.

Lol yeah obviously, just used to referring to my Liverpool mates + fans as Scousers. But yeah that's pretty much the way it is with Arsenal + Spurs. A sorry shake of the head and quick finger pointing at the league table detailing exactly why they never finish above us.
I'm not suggesting he won't try -- he obviously will-- but he hasn't been anywhere near his best (with the football) for the most of this season. More sloppy passes this season than ever before.

He was doing everything he could in last year's fixture (and will do this year) but he wasn't particularly great with his passing and creativity.

He has had some absolute shockers this season (e.g. Ipswich), there's no two ways about it.

Cesc has been a bit 'slow' in some matches, but don't think you can question his passing and creativity at all. As per usual, his vision is second to none.
Reply 3731
Original post by DaneCook
Cesc has been a bit 'slow' in some matches, but don't think you can question his passing and creativity at all. As per usual, his vision is second to none.

His passing has been uncharacteristically sloppy. And I can't remember the last time he made a crucial long-pass, tbh.
Original post by Abiraleft
His passing has been uncharacteristically sloppy. And I can't remember the last time he made a crucial long-pass, tbh.

Pass to Van Persie for his second goal against Wigan.

1:19 to be precise.

He also made one on the weekend against Wolves, to set up Theo for the counter, who then laid the ball off to RVP.

http://arsenalist.com/video/?id=xh082p
Around 0:09

Do you watch us at all lad?
(edited 13 years ago)
Yes, we all know he's capable, and we all know he does do some brilliant things at times, but he hasn't got near last season's 'footballing form' and his passing has been as sloppy and careless as it ever has been for his high standards. He has improved in other ways like his overall leadership and clearly fights for every loose ball at the centre of the pitch.
Reply 3734
Pass to Van Persie for his second goal against Wigan.

1:19 to be precise.

He also made one on the weekend against Wolves, to set up Theo for the counter, who then laid the ball off to RVP.

http://arsenalist.com/video/?id=xh082p
Around 0:09

Do you watch us at all lad?

Fair play. But I still stand by my central point - Cesc isn't playing well nearly as consistently as he was last season.
Original post by Abiraleft
Fair play. But I still stand by my central point - Cesc isn't playing well nearly as consistently as he was last season.

Yeah stats wise you're correct, he was injured or playing with injury for an extended period at the start of the season, his performances have picked up since the back of November and December, up till now he's playing at the level which is closer to his 'normal' level.

He still has 9 goals and 13 assists this season, compared to his 19 goals and 19 assists from last season, but overall I think he's starting to find his best form. The goals will return to his game, he's been 'less' clinical of late, but there is 100% nothing wrong with his passing. Infact he was the one who assisted RVP for his 1st goal against Wolves, with the low left footed cross across the penalty area.

His vision remains as I said earlier, second to none.
Reply 3736
JK.
OP
I swear our ticketing system is a total joke. Just finished booking online for the Liverpool game when it comes up with some technical error saying it doesn't know whether the payment was processed/the tickets were booked. I called the box office and they say their system crashed and they won't know for half an hour if anyone who booked actually has tickets. :facepalm2:

Wtf. :nothing:
He still has 9 goals and 13 assists this season, compared to his 19 goals and 19 assists from last season, but overall I think he's starting to find his best form. The goals will return to his game, he's been 'less' clinical of late, but there is 100% nothing wrong with his passing. Infact he was the one who assisted RVP for his 1st goal against Wolves, with the low left footed cross across the penalty area.

His vision remains as I said earlier, second to none.

Exactly, his pass to Walcott to create the 2nd was just as good as his pass to RVP. He's had 2 or 3 poor games where his passing has been woeful, but otherwise he's been quality.
Told my flatmate I'd got to a gig with her tonight that's going to clash with the game, damnit. Going to be checking the phone every couple of minutes.

Think it'll be 0-3 to Barca. If we're going to take anything to the Camp Nou Song and Clichy are going to need to have the game of their lives. Here's hoping.
Reply 3739
People predicting the score line are *******s tbf.
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest