The Student Room Group

Tottenham Hotspur Society II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by jermaindefoe

i think we should get some praise for the fact that "milan didnt turn up"

had sandro and palacios not played how they did it could have been a completley different affair

I'm glad we didn't bet on you beating Milan tbf :colonhash:
Reply 181
Good performance, but you're nothing like through yet. Imagine if they get the first goal...one goal away from you needing 3 so you'd have to be a bit more cautious. I know you've got Modric and Bale to come back but the key to the tie could be Pirlo's fitness, their midfield and attack looked very disjointed but him coming back could resolve that.

Had any of the other sides got a 1-0 away in the San Siro their fans would be unbearable, truly astonishing anyone would try and take a great result away from Spurs. City couldn't even get past a mid table Greek side yesterday let's not forget.
Reply 183
Original post by Colbert
Had any of the other sides got a 1-0 away in the San Siro their fans would be unbearable, truly astonishing anyone would try and take a great result away from Spurs. City couldn't even get past a mid table Greek side yesterday let's not forget.

Was that directed at me? If so pointing out they're not actually through yet and have a lot of work to do isn't exactly unreasonable is it...

Btw we got a 1 goal away win at the San Siro last season, don't remember us being unbearable.
Original post by Louis.
Was that directed at me? If so pointing out they're not actually through yet and have a lot of work to do isn't exactly unreasonable is it...

Btw we got a 1 goal away win at the San Siro last season, don't remember us being unbearable.

Not at all, the United fans have been quite complimentary, probably because of the very 1-0 victory you mention.

Was just reading the Spurs - Milan thread and it's ridiculous, particularly the Arsenal fans who are more interested in belittling Spurs rather than focusing on their own rapey situation. The closer it gets to tonight the more scared I am that the Arse may actually pull off a result :afraid:
Reply 185
Original post by Colbert
Not at all, the United fans have been quite complimentary, probably because of the very 1-0 victory you mention.

Was just reading the Spurs - Milan thread and it's ridiculous, particularly the Arsenal fans who are more interested in belittling Spurs rather than focusing on their own rapey situation. The closer it gets to tonight the more scared I am that the Arse may actually pull off a result :afraid:

It was 3-2 :ninja:

Arsenal fans seem to have an odd obsession with Spurs, bizarre really. No result would surprise me in tonight's game, it's the Nou Camp game that should be the most fun :teeth:
Original post by Louis.

Arsenal fans seem to have an odd obsession with Spurs, bizarre really. No result would surprise me in tonight's game, it's the Nou Camp game that should be the most fun :teeth:

Google told me it was 1-0 ffs. Maybe that was the return game :facepalm2: Back when Rooney was the best player in history :sogood:
Original post by Louis.

as of late they have become far more obsessed with us than we are of them :biggrin: funny really
Reply 188
Original post by Colbert
Google told me it was 1-0 ffs. Maybe that was the return game :facepalm2: Back when Rooney was the best player in history :sogood:

We beat them 3-2 away and 4-0 at home. The away win was the first time we've beat them at the San Siro, can't recall a 1-0 win for us at either ground.

Rooney scored 4 goals in that tie :sexface:
as of late they have become far more obsessed with us than we are of them :biggrin: funny really

I can actually say I have no preference who wins tonight. Old me says let's nail the schadenfreude in and take immense pleasure in Arsenal getting hammered, new me says that if Barcelona go through it'll increase the chance of us drawing them in the quarters. Though if Arsenal go through they will be a force to be reckoned with. Though everyone loves the North London derby, especially so in its new Champions League edition!

I am confuse.
Reply 190
Original post by rockrunride
If we got nil-nil at the San Siro I quite honestly think I'd die of happiness.

It would appear you are still alive, despite bettering your old claim :dry:
Original post by R-KAM
It would appear you are still alive, despite bettering your old claim :dry:

This is my ghost speaking, durr :awesome:
Original post by Louis.
Good performance, but you're nothing like through yet. Imagine if they get the first goal...one goal away from you needing 3 so you'd have to be a bit more cautious. I know you've got Modric and Bale to come back but the key to the tie could be Pirlo's fitness, their midfield and attack looked very disjointed but him coming back could resolve that.

Louis you've just confused me completely with your wrongness. If they concede two they only need 2 goals for a 3-2 aggregate win unless I'm really really confused.
**** off Arsenal. **** off **** off **** off **** off :colonhash:
**** off Arsenal. **** off **** off **** off **** off :colonhash:

Take solace in the fact they'll get dicked at the nou camp. :wink:

Messi. :facepalm2: soooo lazy!
Original post by Glennith
Take solace in the fact they'll get dicked at the nou camp. :wink:

Messi. :facepalm2: soooo lazy!

I was only saying that really because I got WUMed to death by my Barca-hating housemates (one is from Barcelona ffs). From a Spurs point of view a quarter-final against Barca isn't the most enticing prospect. But yeah, it still doesn't give me great pleasure seeing Arsenal win.
(edited 13 years ago)
can anyone get tickets for home leg vs milan?
I was only saying that really because I got WUMed to death by my Barca-hating housemates (one is from Barcelona ffs). From a Spurs point of view a quarter-final against Barca isn't the most enticing prospect. But yeah, it still doesn't give me great pleasure seeing Arsenal win.

Ooooh, I feel your pain. Think I'm the only proper spurs fan in my entire 6th form. Amongst about 9 million arrogant gooners. :nothing:
Reply 198
Original post by Jeppasloth
Louis you've just confused me completely with your wrongness. If they concede two they only need 2 goals for a 3-2 aggregate win unless I'm really really confused.

Delibirate mistake tbh.

Honest.
north london to play at wembley finals muahahhaha

Quick Reply

Latest