The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ultimate1

Original post by Ultimate1
You see if you get an offer without being allocated a college first, does AES still tell you that you have an offer?

No, it just says that a decision has been made and refers you to UCAS for the decision.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by tiny hobbit
In fact it's Hild-Bede that get the biggest proportion of their applications from independent schools.

But Hatfield had the most people who'd been on a gap yah :P

Anyway, schooling doesn't mean much...the richest person I know (and I mean their family's rich list rich) went to a state school, whereas one of my friends who gets almost the full grant went to a private school, on a 90% bursary.
Original post by schwurlie
Not sure! If I get an offer from KCL (fingers crossed) I may not. I live in Brighton atm so moving to London would be much easier! What about you?
I put down an open application because I only really decided on Durham last minute haha, I'm just really curious and want to know now :biggrin:

Coincidentally, Durham was kind of a last minute pick for me as well. Will most probably be my firm, though. I got castle--wasn't expecting it, but definitely sealed the deal.

KCL over Durham? Ehhh, I could easily convince you otherwise :rolleyes:.
Durham was kind of last minute for me too. Someone just suggested it to me and I knew it was a good uni but I had no idea about what the place look like or anything. At that time I was 100% certain on York and when I look back YUCK! lol. I dont know what I was thinking.
Reply 3944
heyyy every1 i got an offer from durham ABB for a&f.....and im using it as my security! just waiting for other unis..
Reply 3945
oh god im not posh! haha. and i go to a state school not an independent one lol
ooh congrats :smile: and i am learning to drive, but cos my birthday is so late (august) theres no point in me getting a car before uni cos im not even close to passing yet haha!
Reply 3946
Original post by Wailinza
Ha! I'm curious too!

Gravesend as in Kent right?

I have an uncle who lives near Rochester . . .

yup thats the one
apparantly that makes me posh ... last i heard it was rated 'one of the worst' towns to live in pahah :tongue:
Original post by Dat_Ngyuen
Durham was kind of last minute for me too. Someone just suggested it to me and I knew it was a good uni but I had no idea about what the place look like or anything. At that time I was 100% certain on York and when I look back YUCK! lol. I dont know what I was thinking.

Replace York with LSE and that was me.
Reply 3948
The college with the highest intake of those from public school this year was Hild Bede, followed by Cuth's surprisingly!
Original post by adam0311

HA! Thats pretty funny considering I just posted this the other day

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1546320

Says you in Atlanta. Is that Atlanta, Georgia???

@Foxheart. Ha! Where are those stats from??? I bet that although they have the highest intake they don't actually have the highest application rate. Im guessing since they both have 1000+ people or nearabouts people just get pooled there. (and coincidentally said people went to certain schools)
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by kmansick
heyyy every1 i got an offer from durham ABB for a&f.....and im using it as my security! just waiting for other unis..

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what is a & f?

And congrats on your offer :smile:
Does anybody know if they have to give out their offers before the open days in March?
Original post by Olivia1234
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what is a & f?

And congrats on your offer :smile:

Accounting and Finance I think.
Any people got offers for St Chads??
Reply 3954
Original post by Olivia1234
Does anybody know if they have to give out their offers before the open days in March?

nope they dont, they have until may
Original post by bubbaa
nope they dont, they have until may

Yes, but I would have thought that they would try to give out as many as possible before the open days so that as many people can visit. Then again, for very popular courses that may not be possible
HA! Thats pretty funny considering I just posted this the other day

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1546320

Says you in Atlanta. Is that Atlanta, Georgia???

@Foxheart. Ha! Where are those stats from??? I bet that although they have the highest intake they don't actually have the highest application rate. Im guessing since they both have 1000+ people or nearabouts people just get pooled there. (and coincidentally said people went to certain schools)

Ehh, I could still have some quarrel with that. It doesn't seem to settle my reservations with cost, social life, teaching environment, and career-focus,

Yes sir--the ATL.
Original post by Captain Hob
:hello:

Any Butler people going to the open day? What date will you be going on? :smile:

Yay for Butler :smile:
I'm going on the 21st/22nd. Which subject?
Reply 3958
Is there anyone for Hild and Bede? :smile:
Reply 3959

Original post by adam0311

Replace either York or LSE with St. Andrews and that was me :tongue:.

Latest