The Student Room Group

Hull York Medical School Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Raja2793
Got a conditional too , Any IB students out there i would just like to know what your conditions are , cause i got a condition of 6 in English even though i am doing A1 english . Do you think they will lessen that if i perhaps given them my ielts score which is overall 8?

36, 665, But English is my HL.
Didnt get a specific english condition though.
are you international?
Reply 421
Original post by Yellowmonkeyman
Congratulationssss!

thank you :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by Gowrav
No idea..never had a first choice and still don't. Just glad to have got into medicine :smile:. My parent want me to go to HYMS though. I will have to see once everyone has got back to me. You should come HYMS!!!

Goood on ya! Same. One offer is all we need :smile:
Guys.... I am doing 4 A2s... chem bio psychology and history... what actually is the offer for me? cos obviously its the 3 As they want... but does the B at AS translate as a B at A2 too.... should I email then?? :smile: merci
Reply 424
Original post by bubblebird
So who's thinking of firming HYMS?:biggrin:

I will be firming! HYMS was my first choice anyway, stuff the others! Happy :biggrin:
Reply 425
Original post by laurencebaker1
Goood on ya! Same. One offer is all we need :smile:

Firming it?
Reply 426
LaMedicina
36, 665, But English is my HL.
Didnt get a specific english condition though.
are you international?

Yeah I am International and they were specific about the 6 in SL english, I really should have done my IELTS before october either ways I just decided to call them up and ask them if it would have any effect on my conditional if i dont get a 6 .
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 427

At the moment it's my only offer, so I will see where I get offers, then make my mind up. I don't really have an order of preference at the moment. HYMS stands a good chance though :biggrin:
Reply 428
Original post by andioula
Offerrrrrrrrrrrrr

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: ;D

Well done!! :smile:
Reply 429
Original post by laurencebaker1
Guys.... I am doing 4 A2s... chem bio psychology and history... what actually is the offer for me? cos obviously its the 3 As they want... but does the B at AS translate as a B at A2 too.... should I email then?? :smile: merci

no am doing 4 a levels also! but they asked AAAb so... since u have probably done ur AS.. and u have b and more at either AS psychology or history..if u want u can continue with only one... and focus on the rest 3!

Maybeeee :smile: it's my 2nd choice, but my only offer at the moment. Have an interview at Sheffield (my favourite) next week, so we shall see how that goes. Based on my interview performance at Cardiff and my lack of an interview from KCL, I think Sheffield is my only other chance anyway :smile: so we shall see.
Original post by andioula
Offerrrrrrrrrrrrr

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: ;D

Well done!!! That's awesome! So pleased for you!!
Reply 431
Arghhh I got my rejection on Monday and I still haven't gotten over it :frown:

I swear I'm actually depressed... this is too cruel :frown::frown:
Original post by bigAsh
Arghhh I got my rejection on Monday and I still haven't gotten over it :frown:

I swear I'm actually depressed... this is too cruel :frown::frown:

It is gutting when you get a rejection.. I've had 5 out of all 10 unis I've applied to (probably with more to come) and it just seems like everyone is against you. Stick at it though because an offer will come through :smile:
Reply 433
Original post by caramelchan

well done!!! That's awesome! So pleased for you!!

thank you :d
Reply 434
Arghhh I got my rejection on Monday and I still haven't gotten over it

I swear I'm actually depressed... this is too cruel

i feel your pain bro...
Reply 435
I think there's something against brown skin at HYMS. I felt my interview went amazingly (don't mean to boast) and got rejected. Really unfair
got an offer :biggrin:
i thought my interview went terrible but things turned out ok :smile:
Original post by aspire2inspire
got an offer :biggrin:
i thought my interview went terrible but things turned out ok :smile:

Exactly like me :smile: I felt I did really badly in the interview but clearly HYMS have other ideas :tongue:
Reply 438
I like how they gave you statistics on the letter I got this morning to show you how well you've done.
I'm tempted to go to an open day. I know I'm going to go to London....
Original post by tome27
I like how they gave you statistics on the letter I got this morning to show you how well you've done.
I'm tempted to go to an open day. I know I'm going to go to London....

You're coming to HYMS with me :colone:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending