The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Official UCL Applicant Thread for Entry in 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sammydolce
Hmm I seee.. So do people usually not get rejected after being invited to Open Days?
Cos I was invited and told that they would recommend me for an offer and that my "offer was contingent on my attendance" but I live in Japan and can't go. They told me that they understand and will still recommend me for an offer but I'm worried I've slimmed my chances of getting an offer :frown:

oh, don't worry about this. Basically, UCL don't want to give offers out to people who don't pitch up to an open day- because it kind of suggests you don't really care about going there. So, they give offers, but only confirms them after you've gone to the open day. If you''re in a different country it won't matter and you'll get the offer anyway :biggrin:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2721
Hi everybody,
Does anyone know if the time your waiting for a reply means anything? For example, I applied to economics L100 on 14th January and haven't heard anything since then, except the aknowledgement. Is it that the more I wait, the bigger my chances grow? Or do they drop? (I'm an international->no interview). How much time does it take at least to get an offer? I want one so badly!!!! T.T
Original post by georgiee
Have any of you got an offer for Economics and geography yet? i'm still waiting, UCL hasnt contacted me about open days or anything and i applied late october...
have any of you been to the selection day/interview day? what was it like? thanks :smile:

Hi, I went to an open day 2 weeks ago, but I haven't heard anything yet, they said that they'd be in touch within a month though, so there's still time yet...
Hope that helps :smile:
i applied for my course in november and only got invited to an open day in january. So dont worry. They are just sorting through everyone now. :smile:
I just got an email inviting me to an open day for Maths with Economics. But the admissions tutor who sent the email wrote 'I have recommended to our Faculty Office that you be made an offer for a place'. I have heard from freinds that they do the so called 'informal interview' when your there. Is this true? ... Should I prepare for an Interview or just go there stress free?
just got the offer through on UCAS! A*AA for psychology, so pleased! :biggrin:
Reply 2726
Original post by bardeep
Got Rejected :/

for which subject?
Hello :smile:
I was wondering, for those who have attended a UCL open day, did you go alone or bring your parents with you?
Also, for those who have yet to go to one, are you planning to?

My parents really want to come with me :redface:
Original post by smallfish
I was wondering, for those who have attended a UCL open day, did you go alone or bring your parents with you?

I didn't bring my parents but almost half of everybody who came did on mine :smile:
Original post by smallfish

There were practically no parents when i went at the beginning of this month, they invite you back to the student social bar for drinks after, so I think its better to go without parentss, loads easier to talk to new people!

Apparently parents get sent away until the end of the open day anyway?
Original post by nafees_123
I just got an email inviting me to an open day for Maths with Economics. But the admissions tutor who sent the email wrote 'I have recommended to our Faculty Office that you be made an offer for a place'. I have heard from freinds that they do the so called 'informal interview' when your there. Is this true? ... Should I prepare for an Interview or just go there stress free?

Stress free! I had the same thing for economics and the only reason they want you to go to an opne day first is to make sure you're commited to the uni. They've got a register and if you're not there, you don't get an offer. No interviews whatsoever so don't stress :')
Hey,

Any offers for Economics (L100) or Economics - International Program (L101)?
Especially Economics - International Program since there is only 20 spots!
I got an offer to study Pharmacology yesterday! I am sooo happy :biggrin:
Reply 2733
Offer has officially come through, AAB for Politics and East European Studies!
Did anyone go on a campus tour recently and were you shown the accommodation on the campus tour?
Reply 2735
Original post by Ivanka
The wait is actually more torturing than an instant rejection... I wish I heard anything!! OK, I have heard from York, so I shouldn't cvomplain too much, but I would really love to live in London next year!

I have UnConditional offers from Bristol, Leeds, Newcastle and Birmingham. I really want to be in UCL except some people are saying Bristol is highly rated than UCL in Electrical & Electronics Engineering. My heart is in UCL.

Am attending a UK Education Exhibition in Nigeria next week so that I can meet UCL staffs and find out how far with my application. I pray I receive an offer then.
(edited 13 years ago)
Unconditional offer for MA Principles in Conservation!!! Soooo over the moon right now :biggrin:
Been asked to fill in a questionnaire by Friday 18th 0:
Original post by nafees_123

when's the open day? I've applied the same course, nothing to come yet... :s-smilie:
Btw, what were your AS level grades? I am in the same situation as you, but didn't get an open day invitation yet. Can you put down more in detail? Thx :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by marieparis22
I didn't bring my parents but almost half of everybody who came did on mine :smile:

Original post by jessibobs
There were practically no parents when i went at the beginning of this month, they invite you back to the student social bar for drinks after, so I think its better to go without parentss, loads easier to talk to new people!

Apparently parents get sent away until the end of the open day anyway?

Thank you! Contrasting answers though so I'll decide when the day comes, but this did help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending