The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Barça
Doesn't matter, if I say we expect to blow Arsenal at home and get an easy win it's still arrogant.

The gap between Barca and Arsenal, isn't as big as the gap between Arsenal and Orient. Added to the fact that we're winning the CL tie, comparing these two cases is flawed.

You'll probably beat us, but if we win it won't be surprise. On the other hand Orient have no chance of beating us at the emirates if we were to play our first 11.
Lets not compare United to Arsenal.
And whatever the oppositions.
Its not logical since its football.
Its not scientific.

Its only sentimental :colonhash:
Original post by Mastermind`
With a team that isn't cohesive up against a team basically top of their league? Hardly embarrassing as we did win, though the performance could have been better.

I urge Arsenal to invest in that book. :smile:

You didn't win ugly against Crawley, you were just poor.

You can't brandish every marginal win as winning ugly you fish.
Original post by T.Adams VI
The gap between Barca and Arsenal, isn't as big as the gap between Arsenal and Orient. Added to the fact that we're winning the CL tie, comparing these two cases is flawed,

You'll probably beat us, but if we win it won't be surprise. On the other hand Orient have no chance of beating us at the emirates if we were to play our first 11.

They did get the away goal, 2-1 is an ideal loss.
With a team that isn't cohesive up against a team basically top of their league? Hardly embarrassing as we did win, though the performance could have been better.

I urge Arsenal to invest in that book. :smile:

Lol- top of their league- Its non league football for gods sake! You should be absoloutley ass whopping them back to Crawley!

I watched the Man u game, and have watched the majority of Man u games this season, and I'm still struggling to fathom how you lot are on top of the league at this stage with how bad you've played.

I understand that we haven't been the most consistent team, but we've played a HELL of a lot better than you have.

I guess now we have to beat you at the Emirates, and I'm 100% sure that you'll drop points in one of the two Chelsea ties. Its just a matter of time :colone::colone:
Original post by Kevmeister
Fletcher came on at right back, ffs. Smalling is not exactly an established player, is he? Rooney came on, wow. We should have thrashed them because the league's in form striker came on......... :rolleyes:

Couldn't care less about the Man United argument and either way you won so who cares.
Just saying Rooney isn't the league's in-form striker :wink:
You didn't win ugly against Crawley, you were just poor.

You can't brandish every marginal win as winning ugly you fish.

its always tough to get any cohesive display when throwing 10 fringers into the side. They had possession but hardly troubled Lindegaard
Reply 4267
If oonly sczney played, we would have won one nil

Almunia is beyond a joke.....absolutely rubbish!
Original post by TheLouisVuittonDon
This thread has definitely had an influx of these over the past few minutes.

Why does my presence intimidate you so much? :smug:
Original post by Kevmeister
Fletcher came on at right back, ffs. Smalling is not exactly an established player, is he? Rooney came on, wow. We should have thrashed them because the league's in form striker came on......... :rolleyes:

Smalling is established in much the same sense that Djourou is.

Is the weight of expectation a little too much for poor old Wayne? :console:
Original post by Colbert
Why does my presence intimidate you so much? :smug:

I have had arguments with you in which you have clearly lost them and then resulted to poor attempts of WUM'ing. Having said that, it wasn't aimed at you, as you aren't a United fan. :smile:
We're sh-t and we're top of the league (8)
Original post by Kenan and Kel
We're sh-t and we're top of the league (8)

Wrong thread brah
Reply 4273
The gap between Barca and Arsenal, isn't as big as the gap between Arsenal and Orient. Added to the fact that we're winning the CL tie, comparing these two cases is flawed.

Crazier things have happened.
Original post by TheLouisVuittonDon
I have had arguments with you in which you have clearly lost them and then resulted to poor attempts of WUM'ing. Having said that, it wasn't aimed at you, as you aren't a United fan. :smile:

Don't flatter yourself, I have never discussed football with you. You have failed to display any awareness or knowledge of the game so why would anyone bother with you tbf.
They did get the away goal, 2-1 is an ideal loss.

No 3-2 is an ideal loss. Or 4-3.

Judging by all our previous encounters, it is very likely we'll score (look at our past 4 matches with them). If we score they need to score 3.

There is no saying we can't score 2, in which case they'd need 4. With Pique missing and the premiership in form striker fit, we certainly have a good chance of knocking them out.
Reply 4276
Rumours from Spain are indicating Valdes has sustained a knee injury, ruling him out for up to 6 weeks, which obviously covers the Barca vs Arsenal game. His mistake against van Persie's shot notwithstanding, the man is an excellent goalkeeper, so this can only be good news for Arsenal if true.
Original post by Beneb
Rumours from Spain indicating Valdes has sustained a knee injury, ruling him out for up to 6 weeks, which obviously covers the Barca vs Arsenal game. His mistake against van Persie's shot notwithstanding, the man is an excellent goalkeeper, so this can only be good news for Arsenal if true.

The one he let in for Walcott last year was a tame shot too. Meh.
imo reina is better i comparision though
Reply 4278
Original post by marcusmerehay
The stats are totally different - we had three times as many shots on goal as Orient today, whereas Barça had only one more than us, for starters.

We lack incision in the final third of the pitch without Fabregas, Nasri and/or Wilshere on the pitch, but the only way that's going to change is if the fringe players (Rosicky/Denilson/Chamakh) get match practise.

The performance was certainly more substantial than Man Utd's second string against Crawley last night.

I thought we had 2 more shots on target than Barca?
Original post by scherzi
I thought we had 2 more shots on target than Barca?

I said shots on goal (i.e. total shots). :yy:

Latest