The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4380
Looks like we've nicked another kid from Barca http://younggunsblog.co.uk/2011/02/arsenal-agree-deal-for-barcelonas-toral/

Half-English Half-Spanish, hmm I wonder what'll happen in 5 years or so when Barca come calling claiming the kid's got Barca DNA.
Reply 4381
JK.
OP
Original post by zxh800
Looks like we've nicked another kid from Barca http://younggunsblog.co.uk/2011/02/arsenal-agree-deal-for-barcelonas-toral/

Half-English Half-Spanish, hmm I wonder what'll happen in 5 years or so when Barca come calling claiming the kid's got Barca DNA.

Tell them to take a look at my sig and to **** off. :yy:
Original post by JK.
Tell them to take a look at my sig and to **** off. :yy:

I concur. We breed pure football talent, DNA and passion.
You breed footballers?

Ok.... :erm:
Stoke & Birmingham in the same week :afraid:
Anyone bothered listening to footballisically arsenal -- that podcast by dermot o'leary? No? Good. Absolute garbage.
Tickets for Orient replay are on general sale later today (Tuesday).
Original post by marcusmerehay
3 home games and a cup final before Barça. Should be 4 wins if we turn up.

We will need half a miracle!
Reply 4388
JK.
OP
Original post by ralphieinker90
One of my friends said that because Van Persie was so violent and angry as a child, he had to go to a special school for disruptive children. This doesn't sound like a sensible idea to me. Having angry children all together at one school, imagine how many fights there would be. Is it true though?

From reading this, it appears not.
Original post by Bowman.Hath

Can't find that on the site? Any idea what time?
Original post by Bowman.Hath

Are you sure it's not just Red Members?
Original post by Complex Simplicity
Scjsdkjfshdkfjsy can learn a lot from Jens tbh.

Even Jens can't teach him how to be "eccentric."
Aside from being mental, Jens is actually quite a bright guy who knows a lot about footballing history, economics and a load of other ****. Technically, I didn't rate him. It was those flaws that ended up with him being replaced by Alumina in 2007. He had a problem with dealing with pressure from corners and his decision-making was erratic.

But half of the battle for goalkeepers is mentality -- more so than with any outfield position. Jens was great because he genuinely thought he was ****in' brilliant even when, at times, he wasn't. That's why I think all Arsenal fans are more hopeful about Szczesny even though Fabianski has saved us more points this season. Szczesny seems to have that arrogance and aura about him.
Van Persie and Koscielny out for the Stoke game. RVP has a hamstring problem and Kos has a back injury. Both have a chance of making it for Sunday.

Is it that time of the year already? :dry:

-------------Szczesny--------------

Sagna--Djourou--Squillaci--Clichy

---Wilshere--Song--Cesc--------

Walcott----Chamakh-----Nasri

It should be enough but Squillaci in defence is a problem -- even more so than no Van Persie. Chamakh better man the **** up and score a hat-trick.
How about Walcott as CF and Arshavin on the wing ?
Original post by antonfigo

If I was in charge, I'd put Arshavin up top and leave Walcott on the wing. This team needs a creative forward which it lacks when Van Persie is not on the pitch. Using Arshavin as a striker has been wrongly criticised. It was working quite well last year...Arshavin scored a brilliant winner at Anfield in one of the few games he did have in that role. Any loose ball that falls in and around the area, with Arshavin finding some good form, you want the fat bastard on the end of it.
Original post by antonfigo

Walcott isn't ready for a CF role yet, especially against a team like Stoke. Chamakh and Bendtner are good CF's and our "wingers" score enough anyway. Not too fussed about that frankly.

Squillaci is a bit of a worry but Djourou is enough of a presence that we should be fine I think. As long as RVP and Kos are indeed just being rested as a precaution.
Reply 4399
Djourou's influence vs Squillaci's influence. :holmes:This will be an interesting conflict.

Latest