The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by loxemori
I think 20 and above is quite good (: It's a shame you didn't get in. I understand your disappointment. But you have tons of other uni offers (: I only have one ):

Hey I know its just I was a little disappointed
What offer do you have?

Yeah I wouldnt care I just want a back up that I want to go to ( so Kings!) if I dont get that A* which seems really hard right now!
Original post by bramz19
On another note, I was looking forward to firming LSE and making UCL my insurance, but I find myself apprehensive now that I can. :confused:

Amen to that, I still haven't firmed and insured Cambridge and Durham yet :tongue:.
Reply 3342
[QUOTE="loxemori;30007392"]
Original post by swift2

make a pro/con list! ^-^

Haha i think i may have to! which university are you thinking of firming? :smile:
Reply 3343
Original post by Keebamon
Gaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh I'm so frustrated waiting on King's to reply! I'm so hoping for an offer, but at the same time I'm terrified of getting optimistic and being dashed if they reject me :tongue:

Trying not to think about it isn't working, especially since it seems they've sent out a lot of offers in the past few days :frown:

The wait is KILLING me!

They did not send out a lot of offers in the past few days. Where did you get that?
Reply 3344
Original post by bramz19
King's Offer. Done. Bit sad it's all over really.

Well done!! Out of interest (I'm still waiting on KCL), did you find out through Track or their own Portal? And what time did you find out?
Original post by Safety K
I got rejected with:

GCSEs - 8A* 2B
AS Level AAAA with UMS average of 97/100
Predictions A*A*A
LNAT 18

They clearly didn't want me!

Oh dear! I've seen it a lot though..people with perfect grades getting rejected and those with less than perfect grades getting in.. Anyway, from what I gather on here King's has an absolute mass of applicants this year so I bet a crap load of great students are getting rejected.
Original post by pp93
Well done!! Out of interest (I'm still waiting on KCL), did you find out through Track or their own Portal? And what time did you find out?

Portal updated at 19:30, Track updated at 21:30. Good luck! :smile:
Original post by Cast.Iron
Amen to that, I still haven't firmed and insured Cambridge and Durham yet :tongue:.

Just firm Durham bro.
Reply 3348
Original post by Thepro
They did not send out a lot of offers in the past few days. Where did you get that?

I got that in this thread (or possible the KCL applicants thread, I lose track of where I've heard what) - people posting from 3 days ago or whatever, first time I've heard of anyone getting offers directly. Someone also allegedly phoned up and asked when they expected to send out their offers, and KCL told them they were intending to get the bulk of Law offers out by the end of February.

Original post by okzal
You're not alone there! I'm waiting for an offer(hopefully)/reject from kings. Actually, I'm still waiting for replies from ucl and lse too. But my lnat wasn't too great though.

Have you received any offers from the other unis you applied to?

Yeah, I've got offers back from everywhere else I've applied to - QMUL, Durham, Manchester and Exeter. Since I've completed my A Levels, I've received Unconditionals :smile:

My LNAT was a bit rubbish tbh, I got 19 in the MCQ. I thought the essay was a bit rubbish too, but I can never judge how I've done :tongue:

What about you?
Original post by Cast.Iron

Just did it. Do it. Feels very final, I was terrified that I was firming and insuring the wrong choices, checked like ten times before I actually clicked 'submit reply'.
Reply 3350
ah that's a shame, maybe you could have asked them to do it on skype. always worth a shot (:

edit: maybe it's only oxford that does skype interviews, since you need to write an exam for cambridge.

so where else did you apply to>?
Reply 3351

Yeah, I've got offers back from everywhere else I've applied to - QMUL, Durham, Manchester and Exeter. Since I've completed my A Levels, I've received Unconditionals :smile:

My LNAT was a bit rubbish tbh, I got 19 in the MCQ. I thought the essay was a bit rubbish too, but I can never judge how I've done :tongue:

What about you?

Hey! I scored the same as you for my lnat MCQ and my essay was quite crappy too.

I also applied to nottingham and warwick and gotten conditionals for them too though. Well, at least i have backups if all my london unis reject me(which i hope wont happen!)
Reply 3352
Original post by Thepro
Sorry to hear that...but you have a very high IB score which should be more than enough for other unis. UCL has rejected 17 out of every 18 law applicants this year!

Hi,

How do you know this?
Reply 3353
Original post by anoushka1
Hey I know its just I was a little disappointed
What offer do you have?

Yeah I wouldnt care I just want a back up that I want to go to ( so Kings!) if I dont get that A* which seems really hard right now!

Don't worry I'm sure you'll get the A* (:

I have a Bristol offer and that's it. Wish I had applied for International Relations now. Damned LNAT.
Reply 3354
Original post by 2011law
so where else did you apply to>?

Should be in my signature (: I'm kind of a n00b at posting on TSR. not sure why my sig doesn't show up sometimes :s-smilie: I applied to Oxford, UCL, KCL, Bristol and Edinburgh.
Reply 3355
[QUOTE="swift2;30026490"]

Haha i think i may have to! which university are you thinking of firming? :smile:

Well I've only got Bristol so far ):
Reply 3356
Original post by candii
Hi,

How do you know this?

They told me when I met with them.
Don't worry I'm sure you'll get the A* (:

I have a Bristol offer and that's it. Wish I had applied for International Relations now. Damned LNAT.

Bristol's mint :wink:
Reply 3358
Original post by Potiron
Bristol's mint :wink:

:']

where are you going next year? (:
:']

where are you going next year? (:

Haven't decided yet. I think I'll probably firm Bristol. I'm still waiting for Warwick to make up their minds though.

Latest

Trending

Trending