The Student Room Group

St. Andrews Medicine Applicants 2011 :D

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1160
Original post by KCosmo
If you're a first year then you're guaranteed a place in student halls, as long as you apply before some deadline (not sure when, but it's ages away, maybe May?)

Ahh okay, thanks for the clarification! Good that we have priority then :biggrin:
Original post by KCosmo
Damn, that's it just turned the 1st of March. By the end of this month all the waiting will be over......Some of us will get in but alas some won't! Here's my official:
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Shucks, cheers KCosmo :smile: I have the pre-interview nerves for a whole week before the wait!
Reply 1162
Original post by Anterior view
Has anyone heard anything regarding interviews today:redface:

Hey there :smile: Did you get an interview offer? What was your ukcat score?
Hey :smile:

Has anyone had any offers for medicine at st andrews yet??
there are some, yes ... you can check the applicants stalking page to see them => http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medicine_Applicants_Stalking_Page_2011_Entry :smile:
they said they still have interviews until the 18th of March, so there is still hope :smile: how are your other choices ? :smile:
Reply 1166
Original post by Anterior view
Still waiting on aberdeen

Same here, it's quite annoying that we've had no official word from them, yet they still spam us at every opportunity! :tongue:
Reply 1167
Yeah i'm still waiting on Aberdeen too, St Andrews is my first choice though.

My First Post, yay :smile:
No email I think I'm doomed. My hopes of studying in uk is down the drain T_T
Reply 1169
Original post by dramaboyz2007
No email I think I'm doomed. My hopes of studying in uk is down the drain T_T

You've been interviewed haven't you??
They don't make out the majority of there offers till mid march, not that long a wait!
Reply 1170
Original post by ryan118244
You've been interviewed haven't you??
They don't make out the majority of there offers till mid march, not that long a wait!

actually i think the majority of them are given out at the end of the month. mid march is like the 15th-16th... they don't even finish interviewing everyone till then. And after they finish interviewing there will be another half of week (minimum) till they sort things out and start responding. Last year most people seem to have gotten their responses at the very end of the month (at least this is what i've seen on TSR)... :frown: Anyway the wait is longer than ever :frown::frown:
Original post by teafil
actually i think the majority of them are given out at the end of the month. mid march is like the 15th-16th... they don't even finish interviewing everyone till then. And after they finish interviewing there will be another half of week (minimum) till they sort things out and start responding. Last year most people seem to have gotten their responses at the very end of the month (at least this is what i've seen on TSR)... :frown: Anyway the wait is longer than ever :frown::frown:

do u know if the offers went out over a number of days or they were all done in one batch?
Reply 1172
Original post by georgie91
do u know if the offers went out over a number of days or they were all done in one batch?

definitely not in one batch. Some of them got offers a bit earlier (i guess those on top of the list) and some got their responses on the 31st of march (i suppose the admissions had a hard time picking some of those on the borderline), but anyways it seemed to me that most of the offers were sent progressively in a few days...
Reply 1173
Original post by teafil

Fun times ... looking forward to that wait :/
Original post by teafil
definitely not in one batch. Some of them got offers a bit earlier (i guess those on top of the list) and some got their responses on the 31st of march (i suppose the admissions had a hard time picking some of those on the borderline), but anyways it seemed to me that most of the offers were sent progressively in a few days...

Ahhh ok, hopefully it will be earlier than last year! Do you have any offers for other universities?
Reply 1175
Original post by ryan118244
Fun times ... looking forward to that wait :/

yeah... in the meantime people keep receiving offers (just saw another conditional offer on the stalking page). Do you think there will actually be any offers left by the end of march, if people keep receiving offers? :confused:
Reply 1176
Ahhh ok, hopefully it will be earlier than last year! Do you have any offers for other universities?

no... but on the other hand my uni choices dont seem to be in a hurry sending out offer ... i guess its better than getting a quick rejection :P
Original post by teafil
no... but on the other hand my uni choices dont seem to be in a hurry sending out offer ... i guess its better than getting a quick rejection :P

definitely... i got rejected by aberdeen on xmas eve!....harsh!
Reply 1178
definitely... i got rejected by aberdeen on xmas eve!....harsh!

They have no soul! :s-smilie: I hope things will go better at St andrews for all of us...

As a change of topic, :biggrin: I've heard that people on TSR are actually pretty smart compared to the majority of applicants, meaning that most of the people on here tend to have higher UKCAT score than for example, and so on... Do you think thats true? And if yes does it mean we have a higher chance of getting an offer (supposing that the rest of the applicants are not as good) :confused:
Original post by teafil
They have no soul! :s-smilie: I hope things will go better at St andrews for all of us...

As a change of topic, :biggrin: I've heard that people on TSR are actually pretty smart compared to the majority of applicants, meaning that most of the people on here tend to have higher UKCAT score than for example, and so on... Do you think thats true? And if yes does it mean we have a higher chance of getting an offer (supposing that the rest of the applicants are not as good) :confused:

To be honest I can't see that that is true, because most medicine applicants are probably likely to be very similar to each other in terms of academic ability. I think possibly people on TSR are more involved with the whole process as they are constantly checking up on other peoples offers etc but not that we are smarter lol.....although it would be nice to think so!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending