The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Silent-Varjoisa

Original post by Silent-Varjoisa
Has anyone who's applied to Archaeology been assigned a college yet? been over a week now and still no answer :frown:

Have you looked under "useful links" on AES?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Nat Science offer today! So happpy feels like ive been waiting forever! Hope i get a pretty college
Reply 4322
Original post by blackpot
Oh, apparently, it's not posh :P Sorry :smile:

To be honest, I know as little as you :smile: Are you going to the open day in a couple of weeks? I'm quite excited about it, it's like a sleepover! :P

Haha, that's okay! :tongue:

I'm looking into what travel plan would be most efficient for me at the moment (cause I need to book flights). The train network in the UK seems to be good, so I might drop by London before the open day, not sure yet. Also, my travel insurance seems to be expiring tomorrow, so I need to get a new one of those as well ^_^

Hopefully it's all taken care of by tomorrow :wink:
Original post by KayteeKaytee
Have you looked under "useful links" on AES?

Checking it everyday to see if anything appears under colleges.
Reply 4324
They only JUST processed my application for NatSci as I kind of applied...two days ago through Extra, heehee. I'm being horribly impatient!
Reply 4325
I got an offer for Natural Sciences OMG!
I am over the moon ahhhhhhhhhh!!! YAY YAY YAY
Original post by vms
I got an offer for Natural Sciences OMG!
I am over the moon ahhhhhhhhhh!!! YAY YAY YAY

congratulations :biggrin: Which college did you get in to?
Reply 4327
Original post by Seentje
congratulations :biggrin: Which college did you get in to?

Thank you so much! I'm not sure yet but I applied for Castle hehe which is ultimately the equivalent to an open application. I applied two days ago through UCAS Extra, so it's unbelievable how swiftly everything went!
Offer for History - AAA :biggrin: Happy days!

Applied for Castle but got Collingwood instead.

Know nothing about it though, opinions? Anyone else been assigned there?
Reply 4329
Original post by Noodlzzz
Can anyone help me? With the open days, do we get to choose if we go for the Monday night / Tuesday day or the Tuesday night / Wednesday day, or am I missing reading it? Thanks :smile:

Lara! Don't know if you remember me but we were the wallowing Oxford rejects haha! I made a new TSR. Is Durham your firm?
Original post by vms
Lara! Don't know if you remember me but we were the wallowing Oxford rejects haha! I made a new TSR. Is Durham your firm?

Haha bless our wallowing ways :rolleyes:

Unsure, I got an offer from UCL which hasn't be confirmed yet but probably will be A*AA. I think I prefer UCL to Durham (haven't visited Durham yet) but that A* is rather ominous so I'll see how Jan results go.

What about you?
Offer for Maths!!! Yay :biggrin: so happy... nearly worth the wait !
Reply 4332
Original post by hellosophiec
Offer for History - AAA :biggrin: Happy days!

Applied for Castle but got Collingwood instead.

Know nothing about it though, opinions? Anyone else been assigned there?

I haven't been assigned there, but I've visited Collingwood before coz my friends are there, and its a lovely place. Really chilled out, its known as the relaxed college. Its good for sport, and has a nice vibe. Everyone who I met there was awesome. It's on the hill, so its quite a walk into the centre of town, but nothing anyone can't handle. All in all, its a really good college to go to :smile:
Reply 4333
I just got a conditional offer for Maths! :smile: Sooo happy!
Has anyone heard from the physics department yet?
Reply 4335
Original post by JayTeeKay

A guy who applied for Physics at my school got an offer just the other day, shouldn't be too long now!
Original post by r_u_t_h
A guy who applied for Physics at my school got an offer just the other day, shouldn't be too long now!

Do you mind if I ask how strong he is academically? I'm already convinced Durham will reject me.
Do you mind if I ask how strong he is academically? I'm already convinced Durham will reject me.

Likewise for Physics, I'm suprised I have lasted this long ! I'll be pretty annoyed with a rejection now :tongue: wish they could of done it ages ago !
Reply 4338

Well it's Scottish qualifications so I'm not sure how useful they'll be to you lol but anyway... He has 5 A's at Higher and I think all 1s at Standard Grade too.
Reply 4339

No..if they gave me a rejection after waiting this long. I will join the Al Qaieda to bomb them :angry:

Latest