The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Phil1541
Likewise for Physics, I'm suprised I have lasted this long ! I'll be pretty annoyed with a rejection now :tongue: wish they could of done it ages ago !

I'll go on a rampage if my grades let me down -four marks off having an A at AS!!
I've already been rejected by St. Andrews so I'm not filled with confidence. I have my Warwick offer though, so I wont be gutted.
From what I understand, Durham is a small department with a lot of applicants :frown:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Meron
No..if they gave me a rejection after waiting this long. I will join the Al Qaieda to bomb them :angry:

I may defecate in an envelope and post it to them. It's annoying me quite a bit. too!
Reply 4342
Original post by Noodlzzz
Haha bless our wallowing ways :rolleyes:

Unsure, I got an offer from UCL which hasn't be confirmed yet but probably will be A*AA. I think I prefer UCL to Durham (haven't visited Durham yet) but that A* is rather ominous so I'll see how Jan results go.

What about you?

Aaaah congrats! For me it's most definitely Durham as I don't think I can handle the hustle and bustle of London haha! It all really depends on the grades I get actually, but they haven't sent me my conditions yet so for now I shall just wait optimistically :tongue:
Reply 4343
ma management anyone???
Original post by JayTeeKay
Has anyone heard from the physics department yet?

I know the feeling! I was lucky enough to get an offer just over a week ago, but that's having waited 5 months! It's frustrating but offers should be coming out faster now! :smile:

There are a couple of others on here who got offers in January too.
Original post by vms
Aaaah congrats! For me it's most definitely Durham as I don't think I can handle the hustle and bustle of London haha! It all really depends on the grades I get actually, but they haven't sent me my conditions yet so for now I shall just wait optimistically :tongue:

Well done btw :biggrin:

Where else have you applied to through extra?
Reply 4346
Well done btw :biggrin:

Where else have you applied to through extra?

Thank you! You can only apply for Extra one at a time and Durham's going to be my firm :smile:
Original post by vms
Thank you! You can only apply for Extra one at a time and Durham's going to be my firm :smile:

Ah I see :smile: Which college did you apply to?
Reply 4348
Ah I see :smile: Which college did you apply to?

Castle/Univ which is essentially an open application :rolleyes: sigh silly silly me, I should've picked Hatfield. Fingers-crossed though! I also quite like the look of Chad's and Cuth's :smile:
Original post by vms
Castle/Univ which is essentially an open application :rolleyes: sigh silly silly me, I should've picked Hatfield. Fingers-crossed though! I also quite like the look of Chad's and Cuth's :smile:

Castle looks epic :P I applied there and got sent to Cuths which I'm very pleased about as I wanted a bailey college <3
Reply 4350
Hi everyone :smile: does anyone else here have an offer from Van Mildert? I have one for French and English (via the combined honours in arts course) and I'm thinking it'll probably be my firm although I'm not quite 100% yet. If anyone's visited mildert I'd like to hear some opinions :smile:
Reply 4351
Castle looks epic :P I applied there and got sent to Cuths which I'm very pleased about as I wanted a bailey college <3

Ooooo lucky you!! It's going to be ages before I find out which college I have been allocated to because my application hasn't even been processed yet :tongue: The director of NatSci just took a look at it and emailed me unofficially. Aaaah back to the good old days of waiting for news :rolleyes:
Reply 4352
Original post by Folie
Hi everyone :smile: does anyone else here have an offer from Van Mildert? I have one for French and English (via the combined honours in arts course) and I'm thinking it'll probably be my firm although I'm not quite 100% yet. If anyone's visited mildert I'd like to hear some opinions :smile:

Type in van mildert open day 2010 on youtube. There's a video which basically takes you around the campus in a rather fun and creative way. It looks like such an awesome college!
Original post by vms
Ooooo lucky you!! It's going to be ages before I find out which college I have been allocated to because my application hasn't even been processed yet :tongue: The director of NatSci just took a look at it and emailed me unofficially. Aaaah back to the good old days of waiting for news :rolleyes:

You got an offer in 2 days right? You must have really impressed them!
Is anyone going to the mech eng 2-day open day thing starting on 21st or 22nd March at Collingwood College??

I don't know whether to go seeing as train tickets will be £60 min and they want us to pay £30 for accommodation! :frown:
Reply 4355
Original post by vms
Type in van mildert open day 2010 on youtube. There's a video which basically takes you around the campus in a rather fun and creative way. It looks like such an awesome college!

I'm not sure I found the one you mean, could you send me a link please? Had fun looking at all the other random videos of the college though. Which college did you apply to?
Reply 4356
You got an offer in 2 days right? You must have really impressed them!

Naaah, just the perks of applying through Extra :biggrin: An obligation to get application out of the way. Durham is not known very well where I am so when I tell people they're like... wut?
Reply 4357
Original post by Folie
I'm not sure I found the one you mean, could you send me a link please? Had fun looking at all the other random videos of the college though. Which college did you apply to?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5Bgv-_Zbpk

I applied for Natural Sciences at Castle college. I'm not really sure how the whole college-allocating thing works, hopefully I find out soon!
Reply 4358
Original post by vms
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5Bgv-_Zbpk

I applied for Natural Sciences at Castle college. I'm not really sure how the whole college-allocating thing works, hopefully I find out soon!

Hmm, it won't load it for some reason. Might be because I'm on my phone, I'll try on the computer later :smile: I don't really know, I got my first choice but castle is the most popular so I guess wait and see. I think they try to balance the colleges in terms of subjects/gender/background and stuff so I think maybe that has something to do with it.

I found out a week after my offer. I heard back in November though when they might not have had so many applications to deal with. I think they aim for 2 weeks.
Reply 4359
Original post by FruitBombs
Is anyone going to the mech eng 2-day open day thing starting on 21st or 22nd March at Collingwood College??

I don't know whether to go seeing as train tickets will be £60 min and they want us to pay £30 for accommodation! :frown:

If you get a railcard it'll work out cheaper and youll most likely make back the cost of the railcard over the next year :smile:

Latest