The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anyone notice just how often they played the lofted ball over our defenders heads? Play fast CB when facing barca imo, hardly need someone very strong to compete with their forwards and they won't be left stranded as much
Not sure why people are having a dig for Arsenal not having a shot, I'd say that's sensible play since apparently that's gets you sent off now.

:awesome:
Reply 6422
"1 - Since Opta started analysing all Champions League games in 2003, Arsenal are the only team ever to record zero shots in a match. Blanks."

:lol:
Avoiding defeat at the Nou Camp was always going to be difficult, unlikely and unrealistic. The match last night reminded me of the Harrison v Haye fight, where Harrison attempted one punch in three rounds and got knocked out. I don't mind losing to Barcelona, so long as we admit they are way ahead of us and avoid blaming referees. Although Wilshire played well in the first leg, Xavi and Iniesta are are much better than Fabregas and Wilshire. With regards to the refereeing, if anything, over the 2 legs the ref has been more generous to us. I don't think van Persie really has a case as the shot he attempted after the whistle was clearly one of frustration suggesting he had heard the whistle, regardless his red card was still harsh although he should have been sent off earlier with his attempt on Alves, likewise with Abidal.
The performance from the Arsenal lads was appalling, last year we had a weaker team and we had at least 3 shots I can remember off the top of my head. Wenger's tactics and choices were abysmal.
Bendtner has to move on, the guy is rubbish on the pitch, talks nonsense off the pitch, and is a complete and utter waste of space at Arsenal FC.
The league is the big one, and in my eyes, the only one that matters or ever did matter.
We have had an unbelievably easy run in the FA Cup, but yet we have been taken to replays. We have been knocked out in the Champions League in the first round as a result of being runners up in our group. We had an easy run in the Carling Cup but yet still managed to lose the first leg to Ipswich and the final to Birmingham. This alone suggests one of the worst seasons we've had in the last 6, but due to the poor performances of the other big teams we are still very much fighting for the Premier League.

I continuously set myself up for disappointment, but here we go, come on Arsenal FC, let's see what your made of.
any arsenal fans want a spurs win tonight?
Reply 6425
Quite a few by the sounds of things. Suprisinging considering their weird obsession and bitterness towards Spurs :unsure:
Original post by Panthalic
Not sure why people are having a dig for Arsenal not having a shot, I'd say that's sensible play since apparently that's gets you sent off now.

:awesome:

:rofl2:

Made me lol :congrats:

Original post by Louis.
:lol:

:rolleyes:

I think Wenger wants to break as many records as possible, there's probably a record for that too :colonhash:
Original post by jermaindefoe
any arsenal fans want a spurs win tonight?

Indifferent tbfh, I hope it's a great game that's all. I have a fair few AC Milan fans here and abroad so I would love to WUM them...

Original post by Mess.
Quite a few by the sounds of things. Suprisinging considering their weird obsession and bitterness towards Spurs :unsure:

Hugely over-exaggerated, I think most fans are indifferent towards each other. There is a lot of banter and if you live in North London then it isn't hard having family member support the "other team" which obviously raises the stakes.

The fact that Arsenal have been no match for Spurs for a very long time also factors in.
I want all the premiership teams to go through.....except united... :colonhash: ....i hate united

Boys have got to keep their necks warm somehow I guess :lol:
Original post by ZizAli
Avoiding defeat at the Nou Camp was always going to be difficult, unlikely and unrealistic. The match last night reminded me of the Harrison v Haye fight, where Harrison attempted one punch in three rounds and got knocked out. I don't mind losing to Barcelona, so long as we admit they are way ahead of us and avoid blaming referees. Although Wilshire played well in the first leg, Xavi and Iniesta are are much better than Fabregas and Wilshire. With regards to the refereeing, if anything, over the 2 legs the ref has been more generous to us. I don't think van Persie really has a case as the shot he attempted after the whistle was clearly one of frustration suggesting he had heard the whistle, regardless his red card was still harsh although he should have been sent off earlier with his attempt on Alves, likewise with Abidal.
The performance from the Arsenal lads was appalling, last year we had a weaker team and we had at least 3 shots I can remember off the top of my head. Wenger's tactics and choices were abysmal.
Bendtner has to move on, the guy is rubbish on the pitch, talks nonsense off the pitch, and is a complete and utter waste of space at Arsenal FC.
The league is the big one, and in my eyes, the only one that matters or ever did matter.
We have had an unbelievably easy run in the FA Cup, but yet we have been taken to replays. We have been knocked out in the Champions League in the first round as a result of being runners up in our group. We had an easy run in the Carling Cup but yet still managed to lose the first leg to Ipswich and the final to Birmingham. This alone suggests one of the worst seasons we've had in the last 6, but due to the poor performances of the other big teams we are still very much fighting for the Premier League.

I continuously set myself up for disappointment, but here we go, come on Arsenal FC, let's see what your made of.
You're as darling as ever, babes.

Now please learn to spell and write in paragraphs, you're hurting my eyes :u:
Reply 6432
Original post by ZizAli

:s-smilie:, so RVP would have retaliated on Alves if Abidal was sent off? lol

Move on like the rest of us, what's done is done.
Original post by yunghamz
:s-smilie:, so RVP would have retaliated on Alves if Abidal was sent off? lol

Move on like the rest of us, what's done is done.
Don't you see though? This is his point, his entire obsession is winding up Arsenal fans...

I can only assume he is yet to learn the art of masturbation, or has over-indulged in it to the point of brainmelt.
Reply 6434
Original post by RobbieC
Don't you see though? This is his point, his entire obsession is winding up Arsenal fans...

I can only assume he is yet to learn the art of masturbation, or has over-indulged in it to the point of brainmelt.

:giggle:
Here comes the DVD from Spuds =/
Haha, this week couldn't have gone much worse. All it needs is defeat by ManU to make me thoroughly depressed. :biggrin:
Reply 6437
Did Fabregas get injured last night? :facepalm2: I may have missed it in one of the many periods spent with my head in my hands...
Reply 6438
forget about last night, but remember this though. we beat barca 2-1 and lost 4-3 on agg.
the same team that beat a good real madrid 5-0 and is prob the best football team in the history of the game. im proud of our boys, bring on saturday...
Original post by RobbieC
You're as darling as ever, babes.

Now please learn to spell and write in paragraphs, you're hurting my eyes :u:

Your dominance and power in this thread does not intimidate me. Of all the people in here, I would hands down say that I believe you have the lowest level of footballing understanding. Absolute disgrace to football, let alone Arsenal.

Latest