The Student Room Group

How happy are you? On a scale of 1 to 10..

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Current mmoment in time... 1
Reply 101
Original post by Ree-Ree-Real:p
At the moment, I'm a 10! :biggrin:

Thanks
Original post by Elf.
Thanks

Why are you thanking me? :smile:
Original post by shinytoy
yah my brethren!

i would say 10 every single day. The Lord is in my life and it is indeed great! the love of the Lord is awesome and mighty! i would guess the average happiness of practicing catholics is higher than that of athiests!

Praise the Lord!!! :smile:

Really? I thought most, or at least a lot of, Catholics hated themselves, as it teaches that you're not supposed to be happy in this life if you want to get into heaven etc. Frankie Boyle was brought up a Catholic!

As was my best mate, I suppose we haven't talked about Catholicism as much as we should have, though he claims to be more of a Muslim now! But he's only joking. He's a bit messed up in some ways, hates contraception, but has one night stands, not a good combination really, I kinda think he's missed the point there.

Anyway, if 0/1 is suicidal, and 10 is couldn't be happier, I'd say I was generally around a 5 or 6.

If I was Messi, but taller and better looking, and having all that success with Arsenal instead of Barca and married to the woman I loved etc, then that'd be a 10 for me!
Reply 104
7/10
Reply 105
generally around an 8. i try not to worry about things too much, just go with it and enjoy life! compared to a lot of people in the world i am insanely lucky, so yeh i try to always be happy.
everyone has their off days though, so i'm not always like that. :o: depends on what's going on at the time i guess!
Reply 106
Original post by Ree-Ree-Real:p
Why are you thanking me? :smile:

Just felt like talking and you quoted me.
Also for misunderstanding, means I can now assume the title of tragically misunderstood :tongue:
Original post by Elf.
Just felt like talking and you quoted me.
Also for misunderstanding, means I can now assume the title of tragically misunderstood :tongue:

Aww. I'm sorry. I was just a bit confused. lol:tongue: Sorry. :h: I understand you now. No need to hold that awful title. OK?
I've always been a 9 or 10 through-out my life but the last year has been really difficult, probably the most challenging point in my life so I dropped to a 5/6. Things are looking up and if they continue that way, I'm headed back to the top of the scale!
Original post by funfunfun
10! :biggrin:
I'm usually like this, no particular reason for it though, I think I'm just a happy person :P

I used to be like you, a constant 10. Things have changed so much.
Original post by Big Daddy Cool
Really? I thought most, or at least a lot of, Catholics hated themselves, as it teaches that you're not supposed to be happy in this life if you want to get into heaven etc. Frankie Boyle was brought up a Catholic!

no way man, it doesnt teach that. it teaches that only the Lord can bring you true happiness

Anyway, if 0/1 is suicidal, and 10 is couldn't be happier, I'd say I was generally around a 5 or 6.

If I was Messi, but taller and better looking, and having all that success with Arsenal instead of Barca and married to the woman I loved etc, then that'd be a 10 for me!

man if you prayed to the Lord He would conevrt your soul to desire only godly things, then indeed you would be happy because you are you, and you would see that the Lord has already provided for you in abundance. you would be joyous to be in the presence of the Lord! you would realise that the Lord has made you in His image therefore you are already beatuiful, and the Lord loves you therefore you dont need the shallow love of women in this early life, since earthy desire cannot compare to the love the Lord has for you!!

this is why i am so happy and a 10 whereas non belivers are 5 or 6 only
I'm at about a 5-6, but I am doing GCSE's at the moment and I hate high school, but I think by the end of the year, I'll be aiming for a good 10 once I'm in college :smile:
Right now? A 4/5. Angry and fed up, tbh.

*Tears hair out* mraaaaaah.
Original post by shinytoy
no way man, it doesnt teach that. it teaches that only the Lord can bring you true happiness

man if you prayed to the Lord He would conevrt your soul to desire only godly things, then indeed you would be happy because you are you, and you would see that the Lord has already provided for you in abundance. you would be joyous to be in the presence of the Lord! you would realise that the Lord has made you in His image therefore you are already beatuiful, and the Lord loves you therefore you dont need the shallow love of women in this early life, since earthy desire cannot compare to the love the Lord has for you!!

this is why i am so happy and a 10 whereas non belivers are 5 or 6 only

But then again, if God exists, and has given you certain gifts, then surely he intended you to use them, so you shouldn't be happy until you have put them to good use, which is when I think my happiness will be around the 10 mark. Plus, isn't family meant to be very important in Catholicism?
Original post by Irrelevance
I'd say between 7-8. Things can always get better but I don't listen to 'All By Myself' when I get home or anything.

This.
5 or 6 probably- things could be better but they could be worse as well
Usually about 7, I'm fairly happy. :smile:

This month HOWEVER, nothing above a 5. Am I the only one who thinks March has been absolutely terrible so far?
I'd say right now i'm a good 8.

New man, new city, new country, new house, new figure. Pretty damn good time.

Why only an eight? The man is in a different country. :tongue:
I'd say a 5 or 6. in about a year hopefully things will be looking a lot better. :smile:
Reply 119
Now I am kind of 7,5-8,even though I don't have a boyfriend,I have extra 3-4 kilos and I am still at high school. I am so anxious about the coming year..you know university and exams..I am sure if I enter uni of my cloud land things will get better..I am going to work so hard to achieve that I desire for a long time.nontheless I am cesrtain we are all quite happy people.we have got home,food to eat, pure water,family, friends(no matter how many it is important not quantity but quality) uhh...it looks as I relieved my feelings..haha;DD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending