The Student Room Group

A dying breed?

It seems now that the 'metro sexual' man is what most girls go for. When i was in high school i used to get a lot of attention from girls. Im white 6ft 2 and well built. Now it seems because i dont wear skinny jeans and cry at films im not the desired man. When did this change and when will this fad fade? I thought men were suppose to be men?!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I despise the skinny jeaned, wimpy femmy men, though it's true that most girls do seem to go for this. What happened?! :lolwut:
Different girls have different taste. I prefer manly men, personally
You can't really make assumptions like that based on a small selection of girls you've come across :tongue: lol.
I'm not into guys with 'gay tendancies' but a guy who dresses smartly, generally takes care of himself with a caring/thoughtful nature is definately more attractive then an a-hole who wants just one thing :smile:
Hey, maybe it just means men should 'man up' instead of asking strangers to fix their relationship problems on TSR - that they should get out there and make something of their life, who knows :wink:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by DiZZeeKiD
I despise the skinny jeaned, wimpy femmy men, though it's true that most girls do seem to go for this. What happened?! :lolwut:

Agreed :smile:
I personally wouldn't go for a "femmy" man. No way!
Reply 6

Im not sure, but it scares me.
In my experience (well, my own and my friends), girls grow up and start wanting "men" rather than skinny jeans wearing boys. You're time will come again.
Reply 8
Original post by Manc990
Im not sure, but it scares me.

lols. Just don't succumb to the dark side. I hear they paint eachothers nails and all sorts. Bad times.
Reply 9
Original post by linkdapink
In my experience (well, my own and my friends), girls grow up and start wanting "men" rather than skinny jeans wearing boys. You're time will come again.

Ok il just ride it out!
Reply 10
'white, tall, well built'

That description is just oozing modesty, I reckon troll, especially emphasis on the 'white' bit, tsr fodder methinks.

Not going to waste time trying to explain how beauty is subjective and that it really shouldn't affect you as to what some girls tastes are...
Reply 11
lols. Just don't succumb to the dark side. I hear they paint eachothers nails and all sorts. Bad times.

I saw a full grown man in ugg boots and i think its refered to as 'guy liner' - it was the second gayest thing i have ever seen in my life
I think it has something to do with the number of women who are on the pill.
Non-pregnant women want a real man to knock them up with their manly genetics.
But women who are already pregnant (and the pill makes a woman's body think it is pregnant) want a nice, safe, gentle, caring man to look after them and bond with them and stuff.
Reply 13
Original post by Ocassus
'white, tall, well built'

That description is just oozing modesty, I reckon troll, especially emphasis on the 'white' bit, tsr fodder methinks.

Not going to waste time trying to explain how beauty is subjective and that it really shouldn't affect you as to what some girls tastes are...

Theres always one isnt there, i said i am white because i am white, not because i deny the holocaust just merly because im white, i have brown eyes but that does not mean i am facist against those green eyes ba5tards. And why would i lie about myself, it would lead to no sexual gratification and i have no intention of meeting a cybver wife
Original post by Ocassus

^ this. (Y)
Original post by The Procrastinator
I personally wouldn't go for a "femmy" man. No way!

But aren't you the "Procrastinator"?:tongue:
Original post by Blueflare
I think it has something to do with the number of women who are on the pill.
Non-pregnant women want a real man to knock them up with their manly genetics.
But women who are already pregnant (and the pill makes a woman's body think it is pregnant) want a nice, safe, gentle, caring man to look after them and bond with them and stuff.

I hope you're joking.....:lolwut:
I'm of the opinion that the whole 'men being manly men' is, um, bullsh*t. The absolutes people make in gender baffles me.
Reply 18
Original post by Manc990

Original post by Manc990
Theres always one isnt there, i said i am white because i am white, not because i deny the holocaust just merly because im white, i have brown eyes but that does not mean i am facist against those green eyes ba5tards. And why would i lie about myself, it would lead to no sexual gratification and i have no intention of meeting a cybver wife

Oh dear on dear.

I hav no issue with you being White, but saying you are White in the context of this thread which us about appearance naturally links the two together. I am White too, but I do not staple it on all my posts, and wouldn't feel the need to, but you do? Implying that you did it for another reason.
Original post by ~*Horse_Mad*~
You can't really make assumptions like that based on a small selection of girls you've come across :tongue: lol.
I'm not into guys with 'gay tendancies' but a guy who dresses smartly, generally takes care of himself with a caring/thoughtful nature is definately more attractive then an a-hole who wants just one thing :smile:
Hey, maybe it just means men should 'man up' instead of asking strangers to fix their relationship problems on TSR - that they should get out there and make something of their life, who knows :wink:

marry me?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending