The Student Room Group

A dying breed?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
dumb thread.
Original post by aura1947
Hmm, so you are implying to be metro-sexual is to be gay?

Being gay is only, and only about being attracted to the same gender. Gay men don't have some sort of gene that makes them more fashionably sound or whatever.

People like you who rely so blindly on stereotypes sicken me.

Oh, alright, because 'camp' sounds so much better and is obviously far less likely to cause offence :rolleyes:
I do not 'rely so blindly on stereotypes' - read the purpose of the OP creating this thread, and then get back to me :wink:
Reply 42
Original post by Blueflare
I think it has something to do with the number of women who are on the pill.
Non-pregnant women want a real man to knock them up with their manly genetics.
But women who are already pregnant (and the pill makes a woman's body think it is pregnant) want a nice, safe, gentle, caring man to look after them and bond with them and stuff.

I agree to some extent. There is evidence that certain genes (MHC, if you're interested) influence who we are attracted to and that taking the pill changes a woman's preference. A pregnant woman supposedly seeks people who are more similar (i.e. family) and will protect her, while a woman who isn't pregnant seeks males who are dissimilar, to encourage genetic diversity.
Reply 43
Original post by ~*Horse_Mad*~
Oh, alright, because 'camp' sounds so much better and is obviously far less likely to cause offence :rolleyes:
I do not 'rely so blindly on stereotypes' - read the purpose of the OP creating this thread, and then get back to me :wink:

lol. Didn't read my post at all did you?

Let me make it simpler for you.

Gay -> Only, and only about being attracted to the same gender.

Gay men might be camp, straight men may be camp as well.

Your saying "gay tendencies" is offensive because it re-enforces the stereotype that gay men are camp. It is like some girl saying "Oh, I don't like girls with lesbian tendencies...Their ultra short hair and combat boots look hideous". Get the drift?

Oh and by the way, the OP wasn't dumb enough to make such a juvenile remark. His post his about metro-sexual men (regardless of their sexuality) being more preferred by women these days.
never made sense to me
friend of mine who is SO CAMP it's almost impossible for him to be straight had 3 REALLY attractive girls after him which he just ignored

never understood it myself...
Big, tall guys in proper jeans: yes please.
Original post by ~*Horse_Mad*~
Depends upon whether you're a thoughtful, caring, smartly dressed guy who takes care of himself and doesnt have gay tendancies :wink:

not in the slightest gay and yes to all the above :biggrin:
Reply 47

Hmmmm
Reply 48
Manly men all the way, not in the least bit interested in little girly boys
Reply 49
Original post by Manc990
It seems now that the 'metro sexual' man is what most girls go for. When i was in high school i used to get a lot of attention from girls. Im white 6ft 2 and well built. Now it seems because i dont wear skinny jeans and cry at films im not the desired man. When did this change and when will this fad fade? I thought men were suppose to be men?!

LOL. Sure you're not trolling? The vast majority of women want a man who is tall and well-built.
I want a man, not a little boy. I want to look at a man and know he will bang me til his nuts fall off like a real man should. Not sit watching PS I love you with me.
Reply 51
For some reason some people think i am pretending to be the way i have desribed myself, if some one can tell me how to put pictures of myself onto a thread i would be happy to
Reply 52
Original post by INeedToLoseWeight
I want a man, not a little boy. I want to look at a man and know he will bang me til his nuts fall off like a real man should. Not sit watching PS I love you with me.

lol well said. I want a guy who I know is much stronger than me :angel: :colone:
Original post by aura1947
lol. Didn't read my post at all did you?

Let me make it simpler for you.

Gay -> Only, and only about being attracted to the same gender.

Gay men might be camp, straight men may be camp as well.

Your saying "gay tendencies" is offensive because it re-enforces the stereotype that gay men are camp. It is like some girl saying "Oh, I don't like girls with lesbian tendencies...Their ultra short hair and combat boots look hideous". Get the drift?

Oh and by the way, the OP wasn't dumb enough to make such a juvenile remark. His post his about metro-sexual men (regardless of their sexuality) being more preferred by women these days.

Ohh, ok, I get it - you're procrastinating, gotcha :wink:
Look, to be perfectly honest I couldnt give a toss :tongue:
All I said is I'm not attracted to metro-sexual men because they are too 'camp' for my liking - tis not a crime though I apologise if my opinion on a topic of subjective attraction offended you :wink:
Original post by Blueflare
I think it has something to do with the number of women who are on the pill.
Non-pregnant women want a real man to knock them up with their manly genetics.
But women who are already pregnant (and the pill makes a woman's body think it is pregnant) want a nice, safe, gentle, caring man to look after them and bond with them and stuff.

.... :mute:
Original post by infernalcradle
not in the slightest gay and yes to all the above :biggrin:

:tongue: haha!! Please feel free to PM me in that case :wink: :tongue: lol
Reply 56
ALL of my friends like the sensitive type! I can never be around their boyfriends for more than reason.
However - a dying breed indeed, as myself I managed to find only one manly guy in my area... and that was a year ago. There are no more! :|
Not in my experience, I see a lot of these metro guys in the gym trying to put muscle on, most give up after a few weeks.They always without fail ask me for tips on building muscle . I reckon some, not all are metro because their bodies can't take it and are girly men. Makes me laugh thinking they give off this camp attitude but secretly go to the gym as they are not happy with themselves. I wonder if going to the gym for them is like a married man entering a gay bathhouse ? Do his metro mates know he goes there to butch up? I actually don't mind the guys who are camp and proud of it however. In fact a mate of mine is a bit like that.

I think a lot of girls see them as unthreatening and like other girls but with penis's,but I still get the feeling that many girls like muscles, Iam not short of attention, could be my confidence has increased since working out but before I put muscle on I get much less notice.

Also .I often find that guys who lack attention and interest from women,look at other guys with girls and automatically assume that it's their physique or style that is the reason, that the grass is greener. It is far more important to be comfortable with yourself, I suspect those metro guys I was talking about have seem jock type guys with women all over them and think building muscle will get them girls. Unless you are ugly, obese or have personal hygene issues there is no reason you can't get girls either.
(edited 13 years ago)
wtf is wrong with skinny jeans? they were popular long before the scenexc0re faggots
Reply 59
Original post by Manc990
It seems now that the 'metro sexual' man is what most girls go for. When i was in high school i used to get a lot of attention from girls. Im white 6ft 2 and well built. Now it seems because i dont wear skinny jeans and cry at films im not the desired man. When did this change and when will this fad fade? I thought men were suppose to be men?!

I'm always saying this to my friends!

I personally love tall, well -built "manly men"and yet it seems they're a dying breed :frown: It seems that so many guys these days spend more time on their appearance than I do , and so many girls seem attracted to the so called modern metro man.

I'm always being called old fashioned, but I accept that people are individuals and can be as manly or feminine as they choose. It just seems that there are less manly types about these days and that the idea of the average man is changing. Most manly types are older, which I have no problem with.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending