The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7180
Original post by Pete_Lawton
Diaby out could be a blessing in disguise...Ramsey-Nasri-Wilshere midfield?

Much likelier to be Denilson or Rosicky. I suspect Ramsey will come on as a sub at some point (he's also been called up for the Wales squad against England).
Wilshere and Denilson would provide some balance which we'll need for an away game.

I think West Brom will waste all their energy beating us like they did last time, and then go down because they don't have anything left in the tank.
Reply 7182
No excuses today.(Referees,injuries,decisions,etc....) Had a week's rest and the team with the injuries are still capable of beating them.
Reply 7183
I am once again going to be fuming if Ramsey does not start!
There's no Diaby, Fabregas or Song - imagine it'll be Jack, Aaron and Denilson starting.
Reply 7185
no diaby starting, looks like we may win! i hope denilson doesnt start either, we should play wilshere ramsey and nasri in centre midfield until fab and song return, if denilson and diaby aren’t starting for arsenal in any of the games left I guarantee we’ll win p.l! who agrees?
Team for today:

Almunia

Sagna Koscielny Squilacci Clichy

Wilshere Denilson
Ramsey

Nasri RvP Arshavin

But of course expect Rosicky in for Ramsey, if he isn't injured.

I usually complain about injuries, but looking at that side, that's more than enough to beat WBA.
Reply 7187
Original post by T.Adams VI

Okay I just randomly strolled across an Israeli Premier League game involving Hapoel Tel Aviv, their goalkeeper (Vincent Enyeama) was pretty good. I then remembered that he was the goalie who kept Nigeria in the game against Argentina in the 2010 WC. Searched a few vids of him on Youtube and I have to say he was impressive.

Team for today:

Almunia

Sagna Koscielny Squilacci Clichy

Wilshere Denilson
Ramsey

Nasri RvP Arshavin

But of course expect Rosicky in for Ramsey, if he isn't injured.

I usually complain about injuries, but looking at that side, that's more than enough to beat WBA.

Tbf I'd rather put Ramsey where Denilson is, Nasri where Ramsey is, and take Denilson out for Chamakh who'd play forward with RvP and AA.
Reply 7188

Agree about the line-up, as I don't think Wenger has lost faith in Denilson yet!
From The Sun; if these quotes are real, it's really Wenger blaming himself (as he should be)

The Gunners boss is worried morale has been badly affected by demoralising defeats in the Carling Cup, Champions League and FA Cup.

He compares the situation to the last time Arsenal won the Premier League in 2004.

He said: "That year the team were really on their knees after losing in the Champions League to Chelsea and in our next league game we were losing at home to Liverpool.

"At half-time the players needed an alert speech to bounce back and on that day Thierry Henry made a massive difference.

"The team at the moment needs to show the same mental toughness and support for each other.

"But there is no one specifically to lift the squad now.

"It is a quieter dressing room because they are all young players and maybe it helps not to think too much about what has happened."
I really don't understand, why we didn't keep on to the likes of Gilberto and Pires. They would have been great bench players, like Scholes and Giggs are at United.

Now we got idiots like Denilson and Diaby on the bench.
I guess that's why Wenger bought Lehmann back
I don't blame Wenger for not holding onto Gilberto -- he looked out of his depth in his final season; far too sluggish and we can't rely on these players when they get older. The obvious criticism should be aimed at Wenger for not getting in better replacements or, at least, acting quicker to replace Denilson, Diaby etc. But either way, the biggest problem we have faced for some time is injuries -- every year they cripple our season, and this year it is set to do the same. Our first XI -- the XI that we were seeing a few months ago -- would win the league...but as always, it's now decimated with injuries and only half of that team are available. I don't know what is wrong but I think it's pathetic that it hasn't been addressed publicly and there hasn't been a visible effort to prevent that.

Leadership is also a problem. When things are going ok, everyone wants the ball, everyone looks comfortable. Now we need certain players to step up -- and they're not average players...they're supremely-talented, highly-paid, brilliant players like Van Persie, Arshavin and Nasri. But nobody will step up because of this culture that Wenger has created where there are no consequences for poor performances. As I said after the CC final, I feel sorry for Wilshere that he has to play alongside these half-arsed ****s.
Original post by Overmars
"But there is no one specifically to lift the squad now.

"It is a quieter dressing room because they are all young players and maybe it helps not to think too much about what has happened."
Misuse of the armband, as has been said. Fabregas should stepping up for this role, if he isn't capable he shouldn't be captain. The captains armband should go to the most influential player, not necessarily on the pitch, but in the dressing room. Toure would have been brilliant, and should be the captain over at City. When he returns it should go to Vermalen, fan favorite, leads from the back, and is captain of Belgium.
I don't blame Wenger for not holding onto Gilberto -- he looked out of his depth in his final season; far too sluggish and we can't rely on these players when they get older. The obvious criticism should be aimed at Wenger for not getting in better replacements or, at least, acting quicker to replace Denilson, Diaby etc. But either way, the biggest problem we have faced for some time is injuries -- every year they cripple our season, and this year it is set to do the same. Our first XI -- the XI that we were seeing a few months ago -- would win the league...but as always, it's now decimated with injuries and only half of that team are available. I don't know what is wrong but I think it's pathetic that it hasn't been addressed publicly and there hasn't been a visible effort to prevent that.

Leadership is also a problem. When things are going ok, everyone wants the ball, everyone looks comfortable. Now we need certain players to step up -- and they're not average players...they're supremely-talented, highly-paid, brilliant players like Van Persie, Arshavin and Nasri. But nobody will step up because of this culture that Wenger has created where there are no consequences for poor performances. As I said after the CC final, I feel sorry for Wilshere that he has to play alongside these half-arsed ****s.

Agree. Lets just hope Wilshere and Ramsey can step up.
Reply 7195

We should of kept Gilberto and Pires, freddie needed to go, henry wanted too etc. But those 2 shoudl've stayed. Pires played really good for Villareal for years, and Gilberto could've helped Song, and even Denilson in the same way Giggs/Scholes helps the likes of Carrick etc at Man u.
Original post by doggyfizzel
Misuse of the armband, as has been said. Fabregas should stepping up for this role, if he isn't capable he shouldn't be captain. The captains armband should go to the most influential player, not necessarily on the pitch, but in the dressing room. Toure would have been brilliant, and should be the captain over at City. When he returns it should go to Vermalen, fan favorite, leads from the back, and is captain of Belgium.

Toure captain?? lol.

Exactly how many times are you in the dressing room to know who is the most influential there?
Reply 7197
Original post by Ano1
We should of kept Gilberto and Pires, freddie needed to go, henry wanted too etc. But those 2 shoudl've stayed. Pires played really good for Villareal for years, and Gilberto could've helped Song, and even Denilson in the same way Giggs/Scholes helps the likes of Carrick etc at Man u.

Tbf, Pires wanted to go as well.
Reply 7198
Original post by Abiraleft
Tbf, Pires wanted to go as well.

Well after we subbed him in the CL final...
Reply 7199
Original post by GunnerMT
Well after we subbed him in the CL final...

Yes, exactly. The above member seemed to insinuate that it was all right that we let Henry go because he wanted to leave, but we should have kept Pires; I was pointing out that Pires wanted to leave as well.

Btw, I finished reading Fever Pitch today - great stuff. :yep:

Latest