The Student Room Group

I have to do a kind of miracle this summer and I need advices

Hi guys, I'm just wondering if you can give me your opinions.. I'm doing my A2's at the moment (Chemistry Biology and Physics) and I've always worked hard, also because english is not my first language and at the beginnig of A levels I was really struggling with the language within the questions.. Anyway I had my restults back and they were catastrophic ._. E in biology and E in physics and C in chemistry and I felt that at this point I've just wasted two years coming in england to do A levels if at the end of the day I can't go to the university I want.. Now I've asked to my teachers to resit them so in the summer i'm gonna do 6 exams because the uni that I really want to go offered me a conditional of three B. At the moment I'm on a D in physics, D in biology an C in chemistry.. But the thing is that I understand all the topics it's just my method of revision is not working. I've asked to my teachers if they ask back my exams papaer to see where I did wrong. I'm just corcerned if is realistic to resit three modules plus putting the maximum effort to the massive three synoptic exams and be able to acieve the grades that I need.. Thank you for reading x
Reply 1
Get off TSR, and revise. Just revise all the time. Yes it is very realistic. If you get your head down, lose a social life and revise.

Why are you giving me a thumbs down? Perhaps the answer you wanted was of course you can do it, chill out relax go to the pub! Once you get in that exam hall all the answers will come to you. I am only speaking from experience, if I had revised more I would have got three As!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by moniquesungirl

Hi guys, I'm just wondering if you can give me your opinions.. I'm doing my A2's at the moment (Chemistry Biology and Physics) and I've always worked hard, also because english is not my first language and at the beginnig of A levels I was really struggling with the language within the questions.. Anyway I had my restults back and they were catastrophic ._. E in biology and E in physics and C in chemistry and I felt that at this point I've just wasted two years coming in england to do A levels if at the end of the day I can't go to the university I want.. Now I've asked to my teachers to resit them so in the summer i'm gonna do 6 exams because the uni that I really want to go offered me a conditional of three B. At the moment I'm on a D in physics, D in biology an C in chemistry.. But the thing is that I understand all the topics it's just my method of revision is not working. I've asked to my teachers if they ask back my exams papaer to see where I did wrong. I'm just corcerned if is realistic to resit three modules plus putting the maximum effort to the massive three synoptic exams and be able to acieve the grades that I need.. Thank you for reading x

I'm doing 5 resits in the summer, 10 exams altogether so I need an even bigger miracle. :smile:
I'd say, start revision now, work your hardest and believe that you can do it!!!!
Reply 3
I know this may sound a bit weird, but 2 Ds and a C isn't THAT bad - certainly not ideal, but not atrocious either. Many people each year, who have English as their first language, get worse grades than that. Hopefully now you're picking up the language in the questions more, work will be a little easier. It's definetely possible, start working straight away! Good luck! :smile:
Reply 4
Thank you very much for your answers!! I'll start to revise from tonight.. I can always have fun at uni :smile: I wish you good luck for your exams as well!
Reply 5
Thank you very much for your answers!! I'll start to revise from tonight.. I can always have fun at uni :smile: I wish you good luck for your exams as well!

Well done :smile: I'm sure you'll do very well :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest