The Student Room Group

Italian Essay Phrases?

I thought this would be an easy thing to find, but I can't... :s-smilie:

I have an essay to do in Italian tomorrow, but I need filler sentences (In my opinion, it seems to me, first of all let's consider, etc). I can find a thousand websites about French essay phrases, but none in Italian for some reason, and my Italian's not good enough to guess phrases :p:

Anybody got any good ones?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Parola-Tony-Giovanazzi/dp/1444110020/ref=pd_ts_b_5?ie=UTF8&s=books << you can view a few pages from the inside of the book. THere should be phrases like 'In my opinion' etc in there.
Reply 2
Original post by .snowflake.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Parola-Tony-Giovanazzi/dp/1444110020/ref=pd_ts_b_5?ie=UTF8&s=books << you can view a few pages from the inside of the book. THere should be phrases like 'In my opinion' etc in there.

Thank you! Extremely good idea, I've now got half a page of really decent stuff. Thanks :biggrin:
Seriously buy the book. Its amazing, well, the german version is.
Reply 4
I actually ordered the French one two days ago, hadn't realised an Italian one existed but I'll probably buy that too :smile:
Had to do a LOT of digging on amazon for the italian one.
Reply 6
in mio opinione; per me questo significa.. :biggrin:
Original post by Gerivta
in mio opinione; per me questo significa.. :biggrin:

In my opinion.... the most important thing is? I'm aware I'm probably wrong.
Mammamia.
Reply 9
Can also use 'a mio parere' for in my opinion, hope i spelled that right its been a while since i done Italian.
Reply 10
Original post by .snowflake.
In my opinion.... the most important thing is? I'm aware I'm probably wrong.

per me questo significa - for me this means... it's like in my opinion, it could be use only "per me" : )
Original post by Helevorn
Can also use 'a mio parere' for in my opinion, hope i spelled that right its been a while since i done Italian.

Done Italian? It's a while since you dun English as well.
Reply 12
"secondo me" is more used than "a mio parere". Unless your essay has to sound formal.
Reply 13
Original post by andromache458
Done Italian? It's a while since you dun English as well.

Have you really nothing better to do than look through forums to find someone who has misused grammar and not even bother to answer the OP's question?
Reply 14
thanks for the phrases, in the end the question was a dialogue between 2 people and i didn't actually manage to fit much of them in but i'll definitely use them later on :smile:
Reply 15
Secondo me - in my opinion
Credo che - I believe that

Edit: wow I need to study more... xD not that I'm doing an Italian degree just living here!
Reply 16
Original post by Elf.
Secondo me - in my opinion
Credo che - I believe that

Edit: wow I need to study more... xD not that I'm doing an Italian degree just living here!

but after 'credo che' you have to use congiuntivo..
Reply 17
Original post by Gerivta
but after 'credo che' you have to use congiuntivo..

italian has so many subjunctives everywhere, i've forced myself to learn it so it's no problem :smile:
Original post by Helevorn
Have you really nothing better to do...

Sorry, but this usage really gets up my nose. Only the other day a corporate banker told me 'I done Law at uni.' My admin colleague recently reminded me about 'the agenda I done.' It's probably standard English by now, but it grates. I looked at the thread because I speak Italian, but I found that I had nothing to add to the previous answers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending