The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Smophy
Dumb atheists?! So because we don't believe in mystical beings we are the dumb ones :rolleyes:

You have basically just admitted your poll to be deliberately designed to lean towards one answer. Any results from your poll are non-conclusive and therefore pointless.

Yeah, everything was created entirely by chance. Sure.
Reply 81
Original post by Bobsyourteapots
I think thats a completely absurd statement. And there is nothing wrong with Islam but the extremists which you get in EVERY religion. Bad media attention hasn't done anything but worsen the situation for muslims in this country. And its sad that the term islamaphobia was even created.

Exactly, and not only that, according to the Islam, most of the actions these extremists are doing are forbidden.
Reply 82
Original post by Rant
Yeah, everything was created entirely by chance. Sure.

Sorry. Magic makes so much more sense. :rolleyes:
Reply 83
Kinda funny how Islam turns into a terrorist religion after 9/11 when before 9/11 it was one of the most respected religion.
Reply 84
Original post by 4ttari
Kinda funny how Islam turns into a terrorist religion after 9/11 when before 9/11 it was one of the most respected religion.

It's actually more sad then funny.... (and I am not a Muslim)
Reply 85
no the world would be a worse place without islam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 86
OF COURSE NOT ..... ISLAM came to help people in their lives ,, it make it easier , happier and peaceful ..... i am a muslim and i am PROUD
guys why do you have a bad idea about islam ??
read about islam and if you stuck ask me ... and i will always be there ....
in my opinion islam is the BEST !!!!
yes.

Islam isnt a religion-its a cancer
Original post by Emerald City
Islam is disgusting

So are you. How unevolved and uncivilized must you be to actually have that facist, intolerant point of view? It actually sickens me to think that I share a world with truly terrible people...people like you.
Reply 89
No, but it would certainly be a better place without Christianity.
Original post by Smophy
Sorry.Magic makes so much more sense.

A designer, agreed.
Original post by Rant
Here is another example of a madman calling for a holy war on the West in the name of Islam. He's calling the Western countries "crusaders" in a presumed attempt to link relief efforts in Libya to the Crusades.

But would it be better for the species if the Crusades had been entirely successful - if Islam had been wiped out entirely, or never existed?

I could cite various examples for and against the idea, but I'll leave that to the kind people of TSR.

Please cite your reasons for/and or against, I'm interested to hear both sides of the argument. Poll will be included.

Fatwah disclaimer:

Spoiler

We can not base our entire opinion of a religion and its followers on a select few who make the news because of their what we consider "extreme beliefs".
Generally Islam itself is not a bad religion, only certain people who follow it. We have the same in Christianity, Judaism etc.
abolish all religion it only serves to control sheep
the world would be better of without something as big as religion to disagree and fight over.
Original post by shinji ikari
yes.

Islam isnt a religion-its a cancer

As is every other religion.
Original post by Martik

Original post by Martik
Most religion is simply for faith benefits. Tbh as I've grown up (not even half way there) religion just reveals itself to me as a primitive way of admitting you don't know why something is there or why things happen.
Its kinda like kids on the school bus.
Judaism (the rich kid) and Christianty (the virgin) are just the people who heard all the music first before it got big
Catholic and Protestants are in the same friend group as the above but kick the **** out of each other when they get off the bus
Islam is that confident kid who wants the back seat of the bus but no one wants him to sit with them coz there's a rumour that he threw a big rock at his girlfriend, but he wouldn't coz he's always wanted to be a doctor.
Sikhism understands Islam but is just a nice guy and likes everyone, but looks a bit like Hinduism and gets pissed off when you call him Hinduism, so everybody starts arguing
Buddism is trying to calm everybody's soul with various ficticious methods his grandfather taught him... and Rastafarianism is too stoned to care,
Haha thats **** but I can't look at religion very seriously.. which is why i think religion should just be abolished, as someday we're going to find the real truth.

this lol
Reply 95
Islam is a beautiful religion which provides a flawless moral code if adhered to.
Original post by Rant
Here is another example of a madman calling for a holy war on the West in the name of Islam. He's calling the Western countries "crusaders" in a presumed attempt to link relief efforts in Libya to the Crusades.

But would it be better for the species if the Crusades had been entirely successful - if Islam had been wiped out entirely, or never existed?

I could cite various examples for and against the idea, but I'll leave that to the kind people of TSR.

Please cite your reasons for/and or against, I'm interested to hear both sides of the argument. Poll will be included.

Fatwah disclaimer:

Spoiler

So you're judging an entire religion an its followers by the actions/views of one man and/or a small minority?

The Nazis where white christians and look at what they did, does that mean we should wipe out everyone who is white and christian off the face of the Earth?

Besides if Islam was wiped out then people would just find another religion/ethnic group to direct their tension and ill-feeling towards. Jews were being persecuted long before Islam arrived on the scene and I seem to recall from primary school RS and History that the Romans used to feed Christians to the lions right? We'll just want to keep persecuting each other until eventually there's nobody left on the planet and the animals finally take over.
If you say

"A few Muslims are suicide bombers? NO MUSLIMS NEAR ME PLEASE"

you should also say

"A few Christian priests are pedophiles? NO PRIEST NEAR MY KIDS PLEASE"

and

"A few women are whores? WIFE, YOU ARE A WHORE TOO"
Yep. In fact, it would be a lot better without any religions.
yeah,**** them muslims and christians and jews.
World without religion would suck tho at 99% of the worldwide population couldn't live without believing in an old dude/elephant/chick/cow in the sky

Latest

Trending

Trending