The Student Room Group

For people with more than 8 A*s

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
GCSE's have nothing to do with genius, i have an IQ of 147, which makes me a genius but i only got 5 A's and six B's at GCSE. i am smart at other stuff. dont just discount people as stupid if they dont get good grades, i have a exceptionally high IQ and i am going to be a carpenter. it is high skilled craftwork, life is a bout more than grades anyway...
Reply 61
Original post by rangu2011
Can a person be a genius and yet be social?

Can a person be smart and yet have an all rounded life?

NOW IF YOU ARE GOOD TIME MANAGERS:

1. How much hours of revision do you do daily (honestly) ?
2. How do you make up time for Socializing?
3. Do you sleep during the day?

People express their views and lets get in discussion!

1. Outside of examtime? Nothing. During exam time, enough to get me by (a few hours before I get distracted)
2. Outside of exam time I had lots of time
3. Not particularly

P.S. I'm not a genius. I'm just a jack of all trades, master of none. There's nearly always someone better than me in every subject I took at GCSE. Same deal at A-level.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Rahul.S
u want to....i am playin the game......i got a* in gcse'z whilst shootin food on road and goin to booth on a grimey basis......u flopped in life and ur nt the missing piece of the jigsaw pple are looking for.....i fit in like lock and key...ask ur mum!!! :colone:

rip kbountra :colone:

Now you just sound like a digestive enzyme....shootin food and lock+key gives your identity away.
Reply 63

Do you want to apply for Birmingham for medicine OP? As far as I know, that's the only reason you'd need them, but be careful, Birmingham have increased their fetish for A*, most people I know who got offers or even interviews had 9 or 10. I didn't really revise for GCSEs and I got 3 A*s and 8As, bizarrely I didn't revise for my A*s, only for my 2 of my As, English Language and Literature. Compared to A-levels, gcses are about 10 times less knowledge and about 100 times easier.
Original post by Rahul.S
u want to....i am playin the game......i got a* in gcse'z whilst shootin food on road and goin to booth on a grimey basis......u flopped in life and ur nt the missing piece of the jigsaw pple are looking for.....i fit in like lock and key...ask ur mum!!! :colone:

rip kbountra :colone:

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool :rolleyes:
I think my History teacher put it best when he said that there are four types of student: well-educated students, well-trained students, those rare few who have the common sense to be well-trained whilst also being well-educated, and the rest. Most of the first group will struggle against being trained; most of the second group will struggle against being educated. The third group are the ones who go to Oxbridge, and the last group are the ones who buy the Daily Mail.

You don't have to be remotely 'academic' to belong to this 'club', especially if we're counting those 'Applied GCSEs' where you get 4 A*s for being able to italicise text in Microsoft Word.

(I realise that this is a bit rich coming from someone with my poor GCSEs, but I really think it's true.)
Reply 66
Original post by kbountra
Now you just sound like a digestive enzyme....shootin food and lock+key gives your identity away.

LOCK AND KEY IS SPECIFIC FOR UR MUM....WEN IT COMES TO DESTROYIN PEOPLE IM INDUCED! CUZ I CAN KILL EVERY! RIP EVERY! :colone: allw big talk on tsr......say ur name and school.....or else......RIP! :colone:
Original post by Rahul.S
LOCK AND KEY IS SPECIFIC FOR UR MUM....WEN IT COMES TO DESTROYIN PEOPLE IM INDUCED! CUZ I CAN KILL EVERY! RIP EVERY! :colone: allw big talk on tsr......say ur name and school.....or else......RIP! :colone:

You've now gone successfully from digestive enzyme to Colonel Gaddafi.
Reply 68
Original post by kbountra
you've now gone successfully from digestive enzyme to colonel gaddafi.

snm! U can call all ur troops.....my killdeath ratio will exceed hitler's....:e
Original post by Krebs
You can't compare A-levels to GCSEs on a one-to-one basis and assume that people do not develop intellectually.

Uh. GCSEs are easier than A-levels. GCSEs have tick boxes for their science exams, IT exams give you marks for being able to italicise or bolden text (or at least did when I took them 2 years ago), A-levels require other things besides common sense and a lot more skill generally. 9 people agree with me so far at least judging from the positive rep so I'm not the only one that thinks this.

I never said people don't develop intellectually, of course they do, but GCSEs are designed to be easier because they are for younger people and are a level 2 qualification whereas A-levels, BTECs etc. are level 3 qualifications.

Just because you found GCSEs harder doesn't mean everyone does.

What I'm basically trying to say is you can't just jump to the conclusion that you are a 'genius' based on a few GCSE exams that are designed to make it easy to gain marks and have as high a success rate as possible when other qualifications like A-levels, degrees etc. are harder in comparison. I am by no means suggesting A-levels are a measurement of intelligence but they do show how students have gotten complacent about their GCSE grades assuming they are super clever and then had a shock with their first lot of exam results.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 70

8A* is not genius..
Reply 71
Original post by Jampolo
8A* is not genius..

I know that, thanks
23 what? :smile:

actually he got 24 a levels altogether. 22 a's and one b and one c
Reply 73
Original post by stargirl16
actually he got 24 a levels altogether. 22 a's and one b and one c

i dont believe that! Not in 2 years. If so, he is supra-normal. I would worship him :biggrin:
Reply 74
I know that, thanks

You might want to edit your post then..
Reply 75
I have one A* at GCSE but got 3 As at AS Level and am predicted A*AA at A2. GCSEs do not make a person.
lmfao. most the people I know with 8A*'s at GCSE are pathetic, stuck up and arrogant little t**ts. lol @ it making you a genius. It makes you a nerd if anything, and you look like a right p**** if you go and get worse A-levels than somebody who got average/less good GCSE's but much better A-levels.

Anyway, you can have a good social life and get good grades. And revise how many ever hours you feel you need to. There is no set amount. Ever.
Reply 77
Genius is about IQ as i said mine is 147, so i am legible to join MENSA, the genius society, I bet half of you pricks who just read up a load before your exams aren't legible for MENSA, but grades dont even matter, its just paper that the machine gets for you to tell you how good you are, dont let him bring you down... do what you want, **** the rest...
I believe that the guy you are referring to got 23 a levels I think. At the end of the day he has the qualifications and he is set. Does anyone know if he did them all in one year? </p>
Reply 79
Depends on how 'smart' you are and how fast you can absorb information.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending