The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by Jackthevillain
Racist twice.

Not sure what you mean by that post.
After looking at your profile it makes me sad that for all I know, I have probably sat within 10 seats of you in the Holte end.
Reply 141
I'm anglo-saxon.
Original post by amime
Not sure what you mean by that post.
After looking at your profile it makes me sad that for all I know, I have probably sat within 10 seats of you in the Holte end.

You said they can string sentences together better than I can due to the fact im white and they are not racist genealisation. Not every non white person is smarter than me in same way im not smarter than every non white person. IDIOT.
Reply 143
If you want a society which feels British, them teach them patriotism.

(Hint) The national anthem is usually a good place to start. How can anyone talk about being British if they know no more than one verse? :confused:

In some countries, if you say that you are that nationality, but don't know the anthem, you will be either laughed at or beaten up, depending on the people you hang out with.
Reply 144
You said they can string sentences together better than I can due to the fact im white and they are not racist genealisation. Not every non white person is smarter than me in same way im not smarter than every non white person. IDIOT.

That's not what I wrote. I was mainly pointing out that the sentence you wrote didn't make sense:
"will want Britain to people majority non white." That is the reason I said:
IF they can string out a sentence better than the one you had just wrote, can you blame TSR'ians for being welcoming?
(edited 13 years ago)
Since coming to university (multicultural to an extent - all the rich foreigners) I've come to recognise a certain British mindset, a personality type, which is certainly very distinct. Europeans (at least the upper class ones) seem far more similar to each other, in quite a boring way (Friends humour, trying to say how good the food/culture in their country is). The English are far more inhibited, less friendly, less keen to boast, and probably a lot more honest. Multiculturalism *has* worked in this country, I think, if you here European's talking about Muslims, say. It's Muslims at the moment, but it will change according to whoever the media decides to turn their attention to. Then everybody else will parrot it, except those who actually encounter other cultures. I go to Reading a lot, where there's a massive asian population, and I think it works pretty well, in general. I re-iterate, the main people who moan about multiculturalism not working are those who don't encounter it, all-white posh areas, etc, so base their opinions purely on whatever the media picks up. It's much easier to sell papers with some shocking story about racial attacks, or some crazy burning poppies, than being like "This Pakistani-run shop is doing very good business, with friendly owners who always enquire to their customers, who are good mix of white and non-white."

And that reminds me, the British are far less religious than Europeans and Asians (middle-east), which I think is good too. Second-generation Pakistani's, e.g. also seem less religious than their parents, except those who have been got-at by this recent hate-wave targetting Islam (just as crappy as Catholicism etc, on so many levels), so they want to stick up for themselves.

Basically, there are some things which are good about being British, some bad, and I think we are progressing fast to get rid of the bad stuff (faster than Europe). The bad things are stuff like Pride (why is it good to drive British-made cars? It doesn't make a difference). Your personality is the only thing that makes you British in my opinion, not where you or your parents were born, that kind of thing doesn't really have any impact in the real world, just people's paranoid imaginations...
OP, for an economist, you miss the point quite badly. ''We drive German cars'' maybe because Britain deindustrialised and switched to the service sectors to remain globally competitive, like financial stock markets?
And investment such as foreigners buying Man City is a part of inward investment, which is a good thing overall. I suggest you change your name, bit misleading given your lack of knowledge in economics mate
Original post by amime
That's not what I wrote. I was mainly pointing out that the sentence you wrote didn't make sense:
"will want Britain to people majority non white." That is the reason I said:
IF they can string out a sentence better than the one you had just wrote, can you blame TSR'ians for being welcoming?

I bet you are non white or just left wing scum so your opinion doesnt really bother me.
The OP annoys me.

We are all still human.
Original post by Radekal
If you want a society which feels British, them teach them patriotism.

(Hint) The national anthem is usually a good place to start. How can anyone talk about being British if they know no more than one verse? :confused:

In some countries, if you say that you are that nationality, but don't know the anthem, you will be either laughed at or beaten up, depending on the people you hang out with.

Ah, exactly, not knowing the National Anthem is what being British is about, that's why we're so cool! Why should we learn to sing a song about how great we are? Walk the walk, don't sing the boring ditty about some posh benefit claimant. I suppose this is what *I* think being British is about (to sum up my last post):

1. Inhibited, but not phoney
2. Pessimistic (again, but honest)
3. Non-religious
4. Non-patriotic
5. Original sense of humour
6. Ugly prime ministers, hence, chosen on merit rather than looks. Except that is bloody changing now with Blair and Cameron/Clegg.
Reply 150
I bet you are non white or just left wing scum so your opinion doesnt really bother me.

Well I'm guessing you are extremely ignorant to other people, regardless of their skin colour or political preferences. If you weren't, you would have already read from another post where I said that I was mixed-race.

And just to add, I would say yes I am more 'left wing' at the moment.

Judging by your reputation on this site, I'd be willing to guess nobody really cares about your opinion either.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 151
I'm not british, I'm English mother****er. I refuse to be associated with the scottish :wink:

Multiculturism is fine. Different cultures means a wide variety of erm.....culture in a small area. That is a good thing. Socially and economically.

Importing products is fine. If you didnt notice we manufacture basically nothing. Were a consumer, not a producer.

I dont neccesarily agree with immigration, I've yet to have a part time job through college and I have applied for over 200 places, I have retail and admin experience, I have good GCSE's, yet I've been turned down by McDonalds not once, not twice but three times. I havent been offered any interviews. Im lucky if I get a response. Close the gates now. Oh ****, wait, were part of the EU, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-
Original post by Theconomist
I didn't explain myself.
I'm not talking about the nationality.
I mean the culture,heritage,ancestry etc.
Khalid Von Bronchrost Devon might hold a british passport but that doesn't make him a brit in my books.

If a "Khalid Von Bronchrost" was born and raised in Britain, or lived long enough in Britain to gain nationality, then the only difference between him and a "white" Briton would be minute physical appearance.

To state a person similar to the one in the example you have given is "not British" is, quite simply, racism.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by amime
Well I'm guessing you are extremely ignorant to other people, regardless of their skin colour or political preferences. If you weren't, you would have already read from another post where I said that I was mixed-race.

And just to add, I would say yes I am more 'left wing' at the moment.

Judging by your reputation on this site, I'd be willing to guess nobody really cares about your opinion either.

O no communists not caring about my opinion no suprise considering the left wing sheep on this site only listen to what the media tells them to do. You say I have a reputation good good nice to make an impact.
Original post by storna
How is she German?

are you serious?
Original post by wactm
I'm not british, I'm English mother****er. I refuse to be associated with the scottish :wink:

Multiculturism is fine. Different cultures means a wide variety of erm.....culture in a small area. That is a good thing. Socially and economically.

Importing products is fine. If you didnt notice we manufacture basically nothing. Were a consumer, not a producer.

I dont neccesarily agree with immigration, I've yet to have a part time job through college and I have applied for over 200 places, I have retail and admin experience, I have good GCSE's, yet I've been turned down by McDonalds not once, not twice but three times. I havent been offered any interviews. Im lucky if I get a response. Close the gates now. Oh ****, wait, were part of the EU, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-

we're not all that bad
Reply 156
O no communists not caring about my opinion no suprise considering the left wing sheep on this site only listen to what the media tells them to do. You say I have a reputation good good nice to make an impact.

You seem to keep replying to my posts, despite not caring about my opinion, almost as if all of this anger and aggression is just a front for you need of attention and affection. You keep trying reinforce the idea that you are independent by calling fellow TSR'ians 'sheep' when really, you are just repressed and still want the comfort, stability and sense of belonging that you know can only be provided by suckling on your mothers teet.

This will be my last reply to yourself, as I really don't have time for your childish remarks. However, feel free to quote me and I will have a good read of your post tomorrow. :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
england wouldn't be england without all the multicultures... it'd be a completely different place. I like how it is now I think it makes it different to all other places.
I wouldn't class myself as English. I'm Scottish, Polish, Silesian, Pictish, Saxon, Norse/Viking, Celtic, northern or just plain European before Im English, although I am technically half English.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 159
Original post by Joey_Barton
Ah, exactly, not knowing the National Anthem is what being British is about, that's why we're so cool! Why should we learn to sing a song about how great we are? Walk the walk, don't sing the boring ditty about some posh benefit claimant. I suppose this is what *I* think being British is about (to sum up my last post):

1. Inhibited, but not phoney
2. Pessimistic (again, but honest)
3. Non-religious
4. Non-patriotic
5. Original sense of humour
6. Ugly prime ministers, hence, chosen on merit rather than looks. Except that is bloody changing now with Blair and Cameron/Clegg.

Fair enough, the choice of anthem is pretty crappy, but then there should be some other song that reflects national pride.

For the list:
7. Able to lie straight to someone's face and not feel any shame or guilt (results from not being taught the concept of honour)

btw Nothing personal there, just relating to some past experiences

Latest

Trending

Trending