The Student Room Group

Study or Sleep (For people who get at least 4 As at AS)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by rangu2011
FOR PEOPLE WITH ATLEAST 4 A's at AL

Lets get into discussion:

1. Do you sleep after college or crack on with your work?

2. How many hours of sleep do you get per day (PS: for people with all A's :s-smilie: )

3. How do you cope with sleepiness during the day?

4. Can you study ("get good grades" :s-smilie: ) hard and YET BE SOCIAL ?

5. At what time do you go to bed and rise in the morning?

ITS A MATTER OF BALANCING LIFE, lets discuss and perhaps this may help people manage time effectively.

If you are please high gainers (like 98% for AS exams!) contribute HOW YOU MANAGE TIME and whether YOU ARE SOCIAL and HOW YOU ACHIEVED THAT.

For the record, I got AAAA at AS and A*AAA at A-Level

1. Neither, I just pissed about until about 9-10pm then did some homework (if it would've taken too long to do before school/in free periods, in which case no studying at all lol).

2. During AS/A-Levels about six hours.

3. I don't usually get sleepy during the day unless I pulled an all nighter/have a cold. I just have a coffee or something to eat and then wait until I feel better, then continue about my day

4. I wouldn't know, as I neither study hard or be very social. However, judging by the amount of time I spend procrastinating, I could certain maintain my grades while being a lot more social.

5. During school it was up at 7am and to sleep at midnight/1am.
Reply 41
1. Slept for an hour in the evening.
2. 4 hours
3. Coffee
4. Yes. Just don't overdo it.
5. Usually bed at 4, up at 7.

(I'm not recommending this - I was ill last year, hence the weird sleeping pattern - I couldn't sleep for more than about 3 hours without breathing difficulties.)
Reply 42
Original post by Zuzuzu
What a ****ing fool. It's clear what he meant and you know that.

Wait im confused, whats your point?
Reply 43
Original post by RK92
stop talking ****, seriously.

if op wants to know if they spend less time conforming to the constructed norms of our society and kidding themselves that they have some sort of "social life", let them.

I try to help, do me a favour and read some Karl Marx, maybe you'll see my point, maybe not.
Can't say i never tried
Reply 44
4As and a B at AS Level.

Generally sit around and not do much. Facebook/Gym/Job some nights. I tend to do most of my work during my free periods at college.

2. How many hours of sleep do you get per day (PS: for people with all A's :s-smilie: )
I generally get around 6-7.

Man up. Have a cup of tea, get a second wind, eat well (foods with high Carb content in the morning and foods high in sugar for a quick pick-me-up.

Yes.

Bed around 11, wake up 6:45.

Not sure what the purpose of this was, but I hope my answers help.
Reply 45
I'm predicted all A's in my AS, and got 2 100% in my jan exams (psychology & biology) so i'll have a go:

'Sleep', in the afternoon? no :P although i don't really 'crack on with work' either, I get the school bus home at 5pm, get home at 6, have super, and then maybe do a bit of school work if due in next day, talk to people on fb or phone, watch some tv, shower, go to bed :smile:

I tend to go to bed at around 11ish, occasionally 10, or 12, and get up between 6 - 7 am, so that's a max of 9, but usually around 6!

Um, I drink loads of green tea? :smile: don't really get particularly sleepy during the day :L when i feel tired i have some caffine or some sugar :wink:

YES YOU CAN :smile: although depends what you mean, I don't think you could go out clubbing til 3am 3 times a week and get good grades, but I always do stuff with friends at the weekends, and go out quite often, so it is possible. Even over revision periods like christmas, I spent the majority of it hanging out with friends and having a fun time, and i'm not 'naturally clever' - i do have to do revision to get the grade.

5. At what time do you go to bed and rise in the morning? see earlier question!

it's totally a matter of time management, even now, i reckon if i cut out all the msn and fb chat and stupid phone calls and watching random **** on tv i'd have loads of extra time to study even more and have a better social life. But it's all about balance :smile:

If you are please high gainers (like 98% for AS exams!) contribute HOW YOU MANAGE TIME and whether YOU ARE SOCIAL and HOW YOU ACHIEVED THAT.
^Got 100% in both jan exams i've done so far, i am a pretty sociable person, spent most of christmas hols seeing people, and i didn't started revising (like didn't even open the text books) til the day before new years eve. Then on new years went out and had an amazing night! Revised loads on 2nd, 3rd, 4th jan (like 8 hour days) back to school on 5th, exams were on the 12th, so really not sure how i got full marks, but maybe just fluked it? I pay a lot of attention in lessons, and so I think a lot of what we learn goes in quite deep here, so I don't need to revise nearly as much as a lot of my friends who talk and text throughout the lesson.

:smile:
Reply 46
Original post by Jampolo
I try to help, do me a favour and read some Karl Marx, maybe you'll see my point, maybe not.
Can't say i never tried

youre just waffling (and its not relevant to a thread which is about time management)
Reply 47
Original post by RK92
youre just waffling (and its not relevant to a thread which is about time management)

I'm trying to teach you.
Social lives do not exist, it's very relevant to be frank, but what i've got myself caught up in throughout this thread is pointless.
For one to be rational you must, he has to look into the mirror as if he is the one who standing there, and the one who he is looking at!
Food for thought
Reply 48
Original post by Jampolo
I'm trying to teach you.
Social lives do not exist, it's very relevant to be frank, but what i've got myself caught up in throughout this thread is pointless.
For one to be rational you must, he has to look into the mirror as if he is the one who standing there, and the one who he is looking at!
Food for thought

i dont need to be taught, thanks. youre still waffling. this is a thread about time management, its not about whether a social life exists.
Question for OP. Why do you keep making these threads? You've made so many now!
Reply 50
Original post by RK92
i dont need to be taught, thanks. youre still waffling. this is a thread about time management, its not about whether a social life exists.

In your opinion, that is.
I'm filling this out as a method of procrastination, so I'm not sure how suited I am as an example. But oh well. I got 5 As at AS so I count :tongue:

Normally come home and think I should start working, but then watch TV till like 6, then work after tea. I can't nap. I also do quite a bit of work in frees...but not as much as I should D:

2. How many hours of sleep do you get per day (PS: for people with all A's )
Erm...normally 8 on a weekday, 10 on a weekend.

Complain :biggrin: hehe. I try to forget about it and keep going, but I'll normally go to bed earlier that night to make sure it's not the same the next morning.

4. Can you study ("get good grades" ) hard and YET BE SOCIAL ?
Yep. Last year I was in a choir, numerous clubs in and out of school, volunteered once a week, spent a lot of time NOT studying, had a boyfriend who I saw a lot, went out etc etc and it still worked. Although, admittedly, once I started revising (at Easter) I gave most of those things up.
I'm somewhat unsure about your assumption study hard = get good grades, though. I'm not sure I studied 'hard' until like 6 weeks before my exam, yet got 'good' grades.

10.30 ish until my first alarm goes off at half 6.
Reply 52

Work. No time for sleep.

Depends. I like to aim for 8, but some nights with coursework deadlines it could be 3-4
CoffeeCoffeeCoffeeCoffeeCofee
Yeah, of course. In fact, you should 100% certainly put aside at least one afternoon/evening a week where you do something social. Maybe not going out and drinking as the exams approach (it screws your concentration in the morning) but spend time with friends? Certainly.
Aim for 11 - 7. Can be X - 7, Where x is an interger which has a value that is far too low

ITS A MATTER OF BALANCING LIFE, lets discuss and perhaps this may help people manage time effectively.

If you are please high gainers (like 98% for AS exams!) contribute HOW YOU MANAGE TIME and whether YOU ARE SOCIAL and HOW YOU ACHIEVED THAT
I'm not sure if you should be asking this, to be honest. Some people get redonkulous grades by literally not working, going out, and generally screwing around. I think yu should be asking the people who like pulled up from a D to an A/B how they did it, to be honest. .

-Kar.
Reply 53
Original post by Jampolo
In your opinion, that is.

youre irritating.
Reply 54
Original post by RK92
youre irritating.

:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest